closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What Customer Service!

What Customer Service!

After buying my first Philips Sonicare toothbrush for £25 seven years ago, I've now had 5 replacement toothbrushes in the last 7 years all free of charge, as each they have failed just before the warranty for each one expires, and a new full warranty rolls over on the new brush.

Warranty was at first 2 years, then 1 year and now up to 18 months. How long can this go on? Best part is it takes two minutes on the phone to Philips, and print a freepost to send it back to them. Usually takes 2 days to get my new brush.

The heads maybe on the expensive side, but the fantastic customer support and service makes up for it!

Oh, and Sonicare is also the dogs gonads too - almost eliminated the need for regular scale and polish at the dentist (no, I don't work for Philips).

Maybe Audi could learn a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    After buying my first Philips Sonicare toothbrush for £25 seven years ago, I've now had 5 replacement toothbrushes in the last 7 years all free of charge, as each they have failed just before the warranty for each one expires, and a new full warranty rolls over on the new brush.

Warranty was at first 2 years, then 1 year and now up to 18 months. How long can this go on? Best part is it takes two minutes on the phone to Philips, and print a freepost to send it back to them. Usually takes 2 days to get my new brush.

The heads maybe on the expensive side, but the fantastic customer support and service makes up for it!

Oh, and Sonicare is also the dogs gonads too - almost eliminated the need for regular scale and polish at the dentist (no, I don't work for Philips).

Maybe Audi could learn a thing or two.

Interesting, the real reason this is happening is that Philips make very little themselves anymore, most of the products are contract manufactured, mainly in Malaysia, Philips just send pallets of the things back, their sales prices bare no resemblance to the prime cost of their products, they may actually just throw them in the bin.

I went through 3 of these too and eventually got fed up of how little time they lasted - goes for pretty much everything Phillips.

I'm now using some Oral B which is great, because it hasn't broken after a year. I've no idea who decided that a toothbrush needed Bluetooth though.

I wish I'd have called them now, instead of buying the new model - oh well
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I agree, I had a replacement but unfortunately I have had to pay for mine but thats fair enough as it lasted 3 years and didnt cost much to replace. I guess maybe they are like Printers, makes money off the heads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I agree, I had a replacement but unfortunately I have had to pay for mine but thats fair enough as it lasted 3 years and didnt cost much to replace. I guess maybe they are like Printers, makes money off the heads?
    No, the prime cost of an electric toothbrush is less than a quid

My sonicares always fail after 18 months or so. Had three replaced under warranty , gets frustrating swapping over. Tried Braun , which I just didn't like, didn't feel it cleaned as well. Gave it to the wife. That last 6 years plus.

you said it - the heads cost a bit -

you've more than paid for replacements by buying their heads on a regular basis... the heads must cost peanuts to make...

Oral B are by far the best...

Master
    My Sonicare has given up the ghost, it's less than 12 months old but I can't find the damn receipt! Do you think I will get any joy from Phillips?

What Customer Service!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    My Sonicare has given up the ghost, it's less than 12 months old but I can't find the damn receipt! Do you think I will get any joy from Phillips?
    The 6 digits on the base is the re-arranged manufacturer date. That may be enough for them to accept it has failed in warranty.

Give them a call. You have nothing to lose.

Alternatively, if you paid by credit card, take in the historical CC statement showing proof of purchase to the company you bought it from and request a replacement. You can get historical statements online.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 13th January 2017 at 14:12.

Master
    Reminds me of one of the old online PC companies - may have been Gateway.
    Their products were crap and quality control was useless, so many were dead on arrival with customers.
    Because they replaced them super quick they came top of all the customer satisfaction surveys, beating those that sent out good kit with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Reminds me of one of the old online PC companies - may have been Gateway.
    Their products were crap and quality control was useless, so many were dead on arrival with customers.
    Because they replaced them super quick they came top of all the customer satisfaction surveys, beating those that sent out good kit with no issues.
    I cannot remember which airport it was - but they use to have customer complaints about how slow luggage reclaim was. When they had a redesign, they made the distance between the flight and where the baggage area further and people became super-happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    may have been Gateway.
    Probably Gateway. I had one of their laptops many years ago and something else would fall off it every week; at one point I had to carry around a small G clamp as, without the additional pressure, the power transformer wouldn't function. Mercifully that was before 9/11 and nobody ever blinked an eyelid.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Ive had 4 sets of these from Remington,either the digital display has packed in or the guide wont adjust on the touch screen buttons,i ended up asking for the next ones down from them with the roller guide wheel,every time i phoned they sent out a new set and even cocked up one order and sent 2 and just said keep them both.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2444468?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157|cid:199887993| agid:17470601073|tid:aud-158518126633:pla-94415106753|crid:74692317393|nw:g|rnd:171005858103 86029981|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=CjwKEAiAkuLDBRCRguCgv ITww0YSJAAHrpf-GXqA8QJuTKQxbS5DXNrRickF0v7YZq77bFKV5X017BoCVfnw_w cB

Question

How did it fail? Not working at all or not holding charge?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post