closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 74 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,700 of 8081

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Is the Kodi stream still crap quality like it was when I tried to watch Hacksaw ridge a few weeks ago? I know they get better after a while but it was a pretty poor quality stream.
    It was really good last night. We watched the new Magnificent Severn afterwards in HD. Once in the Kodi app I watched the movies in something called Exodus. Today I cant get the Kodi thing to work but that might be me not having a clue.

Hidden Figures great movie watch it if you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    It was really good last night. We watched the new Magnificent Severn afterwards in HD. Once in the Kodi app I watched the movies in something called Exodus. Today I cant get the Kodi thing to work but that might be me not having a clue.
    Cheers, I'll look again, I use Exodus too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Cheers, I'll look again, I use Exodus too.
    Exodus is the best use of Kodi, always let your Kodi to run for 10mins before requesting a film as I find it updates when switched on an it's best to try after the updates.
    Also "Kojaki" is a quality film and a true story about our lads over in Afghanistan.

Apprentice

Yes

Arrival and the Accountant were genuinely nice surprises for me.

Master
    Just watched Split, really good movie and can't see any way James McAvoy won't win the Oscar for his performance. Well worth a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Just watched the latest Jack. Reacher film - Never Go Back. It was OK but I was disappointed that it wasn't better, or even as good as, the first.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Just watched the latest Jack. Reacher film - Never Go Back. It was OK but I was disappointed that it wasn't better, or even as good as, the first.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've read all the Lee Child 'Reacher' books, but won't watch the films as I can't get my head around Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. The character in the books should be portrayed as an Arnie or Rutger Hauer-type actor. Just MHO...

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watched Eye in the Sky last night, very thought provoking on the rights and wrongs when bombing by drones and how many civilians die is acceptable. Thought Alan Rickman was excellent as he always was. It was his last film.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Kodi should not be confused with illegal IPTV which is the streaming service built into the package you've bought.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ou-9635222.amp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I know I am going off at a tangent, and this may be worthy of it's own thread but I got one of these recently. However, probably unlike most other people...I've installed some DIY network apps for my GF. And so the only thing we stream are home makeover channels and 'flipping' shows. So I reckon I am probably safe as I am guessing the ISPs see where the streams come from.

Went to see a preview showing of Hacksaw Ridge this morning.

Both my wife and I really enjoyed it.

True story (almost incredible though!) and well made.

Gets a little schmaltzy at moments, but no more than that and the battle scenes are brutal.

I must be getting soft in my old age as I had a lump in my throat at the end.

Well worth a trip to the cinema.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Went to see Manchester by the Sea last night. Fantastic film on many different levels, funny in places, very sad in others. Thought provoking. Deals with loss, grief, attachment, relationships within families, teenagers, parenting (or trying to), and how life doesn't always resolve issues in the way that movies usually portray happy endings. I must be masochistic as its the type of issues I deal with within the work that I do. Casey Affleck is fantastic in this movie.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Went to see a preview showing of Hacksaw Ridge this morning.

Both my wife and I really enjoyed it.

True story (almost incredible though!) and well made.

Gets a little schmaltzy at moments, but no more than that and the battle scenes are brutal.

I must be getting soft in my old age as I had a lump in my throat at the end.

Well worth a trip to the cinema.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to seeing this.

We watched 'A Monster Calls' last night, not what I expected but very good!

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Definitely agree about Hacksaw Ridge. Watched Sully the other night. Definitely worth viewing.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 22nd January 2017 at 19:59.

Craftsman
    A very lazy weekend for me seen me take in 4 films. Thoughts are:

La La Land - 8/10. Not my usual kind of movie but very enjoyable to watch.

Hunt for the Wilder People - 3/10. Should really be mentioned on the bad movie thread. A lot of drivel and poor acting

The Crash - 6/10. Preferred The Big Short for this topic but easily watchable

Hacksaw Ridge - 9/10. The pleasant surprise of the weekend. Excelllent film, great story. Best film I've seen in a while.

Journeyman
    Went to see "Jackie" this evening. The events surrounding the assassination of JFK as seen through the eyes of Jackie Kennedy. I enjoyed it very much. A strong performance from Natalie Portman as Jackie. Don't expect any conspiracy theories though or much action around the actual shooting, it's more the emotional impact of the aftermath.

Not sure i should admit this, but, after finally getting the kids to sleep last night and with the wife working, i thought i'd bung a movie on, something violent and manly probably. However when i went into the lounge, tv was on some random channel and 'Wimbledon' had just started, never heard of it, but ended up watching the whole thing and i'm sad to say thought it was ok for girly drivel. I'm sure it was the sight of a young Kirsten Dunst in tennis gear that kept me watching, i did used to have a soft spot for her.

Craftsman
    We watched 10 Cloverfield Lane over the weekend on Sky Cinema mainly because it was downloaded and ready to watch. I wasn't expecting much but it was a surprisingly good watch with a nice little twist at the end.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Went and watched 'Split' yesterday. I quite enjoyed it although I guess it won't be everybody's cup of tea. You could say it tries a bit too hard in places but overall I found it worth watching. There is a little extra scene at the end which I really didn't understand until I googled it and all became clear.....

Sing Street is really good - well worth a gander

Master
    Enjoyed ' Denial ' about holocost denier David Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    We watched 10 Cloverfield Lane over the weekend on Sky Cinema mainly because it was downloaded and ready to watch. I wasn't expecting much but it was a surprisingly good watch with a nice little twist at the end.
    I'm struggling with this one, I've come back to it twice now but will push through to see the twist.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Enjoyed ' Denial ' about holocost denier David Irving.
    I was just about to write the very same thing. Interesting story I didn't know much about, and some well known faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanhmod View Post
    I've read all the Lee Child 'Reacher' books, but won't watch the films as I can't get my head around Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. The character in the books should be portrayed as an Arnie or Rutger Hauer-type actor. Just MHO...

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using TZ-UK mobile app
    Liam Neeson I had in my head. Read all the books too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw an advanced screening of Moonlight earlier this week. Not out in the UK officially yet but I can see why there's so much pre-oscar buzz about it. Really great watch - the premise being the young life of a black man in a poor part of America, struggling with his identity, relationship with his mum and generally trying to find himself in the world. It's told in three parts - from young childhood to teen to young adult with three different actors playing the same character. The middle section in particular was captivating, brutal, tender and simply a brilliant watch.
    Thoroughly recommended for when it comes out on regular release.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Watched Sicario yesterday. It gives an interesting insight into the Mexican drug wars and the US Mexico border problems. So quite relevant at the moment.

Great performances and very edgy.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Watched Sicario yesterday. It gives an interesting insight into the Mexican drug wars and the US Mexico border problems. So quite relevant at the moment.

One of my favourites of the last year.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Watched the British film I Daniel Blake this weekend. Gritty true to life film that really makes you think. Really impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Loved it too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

13 hours directed by Michael Bay. Absolutely brilliant. During an attack on a U.S. compound in Libya, a security team struggles to make sense out of the chaos. I used Kodi and Exodus to view, picture near perfect.

^ yep, another great film.
    Cheers..
    Jase

13 hours directed by Michael Bay. Absolutely brilliant. During an attack on a U.S. compound in Libya, a security team struggles to make sense out of the chaos. I used Kodi and Exodus to view, picture near perfect.

Yep. I watched this a couple of nights ago via my free NowTV movies deal.

Superb film and I haven't felt that tense during a film for a long time. Great script, great actors, brilliant balls-out action and like I say, the tension was turned up to 11 throughout. What a story as well

I watched Munich last night after shunning MotD following Liverpool's latest failure. Also a great film, but then Spielberg doesn't generally disappoint.

And one film I saw a few weeks ago was Dallas Buyers Club with Matthew Mcconaughey. What an actor!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Really enjoyed a film on Amazon last night, a true WW2 story called Against the Sun.

Master

Great film, watched it a while back and loved every minute. Currently watching Deadpool for the 4th time!!

Journeyman
    Did a couple of movies yesterday at the flicks...

Rogue One.
    I do like Star WARS but the last 4 offerings have left me cold and less and less thrilled about the next...Hence why It's taken me a while to get round to it.
    Happy to say that the franchise is back on track. Really enjoyable..Unlike the last trip down memory lane. (which was nice and helped detract from the dire plot) Had a real ROTJ feel to it. If this style continues I'll be happy.

After the Chinese buffet I then sat down to watch...

Hacksaw Ridge.
    It's a good movie...Although it took my a while to get used to the casting. I didn't expect to see Vince Vaughn but I think he did really well...And reminded me that before all the rom com crap he could and did a good job in a more serious role.
    Great battle scenes...And what a story!

Worth a watch.

Master
    We went to see Patriots Day last week, and followed it the very next day with Lion. Both excellent films in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post

Hacksaw Ridge.
    It's a good movie...Although it took my a while to get used to the casting. I didn't expect to see Vince Vaughn but I think he did really well...And reminded me that before all the rom com crap he could and did a good job in a more serious role.
    Great battle scenes...And what a story!

Worth a watch.
    It's a great watch, one of my top 10 for sure. Mel Gibson done a cracking job at directing this one.

Master
    Errrrm…. Hardcore Henry!

Action packed for every second – an absolutely mad film in the POV style and is pretty much like being in a video game for an hour and a half.

Anthropoid

Anyone remember Operation Daybreak with a young Martin Shaw? This is the remake of that same true story. Its a well made movie but its grim to watch the end.
    In December 1941, two Czech soldiers parachute into their occupied homeland to assassinate Nazi officer Reinhard Heydrich. One of those movies that leaves you sad and angry.

Master
    Just finished "The Infiltrator".

Master
    Trainspotting 2 was great, really well done (apart from either some odd editing or the film was buffering at the cinema and froze in odd places)

I watched "Our Kind Of Traitor" the other day. It's OK, but nothing special. With a cast including Ewan McGregor and Damian Lewis it should be good, but only Stellan Skarsgard in a decent performance.

Heads up: Ex Machina is now on Netflix UK. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour and do so.
    Last edited by hogthrob; 2nd February 2017 at 16:17.

Had a compulsion to re-watch 'four lions' last night, forgot how many proper laugh out loud moments there are in it. Rubber dingy rapids, Bro!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    just watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, good movie and a true story,

Just finished watching this one and much enjoyed it

Master
    Just watched T2 Trainspotting, really enjoyed it but made me feel incredibly nostalgic and a little sad. Nowhere near perfect and could have been much better but still really enjoyed it. I am about the same age as the characters in the movie and loved the first one and really connected with this one. As a standalone movie it would be weak but if your a fan of the original it is important watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched The Girl with all the Gifts. It was very good but would have had a great 1st act twist if the cover and marketing didn't give the game away. Nevertheless well worth a watch.

I almost got to the end of Arrival, but even with 34 mins of the movie left to run we could not take any more of this cowpat of a movie and it was switched off.
    It is without doubt the worse/slowest movie I've seen in a long time. IMDB rates it at 8.2, me it gets a flat zero from me. Don't worry about spoiler alerts as nothing and I mean nothing happens.

I sort of liked Arrival, agree it's slow but it gets there in the end. A bit predictable though.

We watched 'Hundred foot journey ' last night, really enjoyed it, its a charming feel good film, Helen Miran runs a French Michelin starred restaurant that competes with a newly arrived Indian family that moves in opposite. I fell in love a little but with the French sous chef 😍.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Arrival could have been condensed to 10 minutes and it would still have been 9 minutes more than was needed for the "story".

Young Offenders (2016) was worth watching, made me laugh out loud a few times!