closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will you be wearing in 5 years time?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by doebag View Post
    IWC seem to hold their value quite well from what I can see. And to me they appear as a company with a good history but that isn't as much of a mainstream brand like Rolex or Omega. Something a little different.
    I agree. And it's a lovely watch. When you hold it though, to me it doesn't feel like 3-4k . Would still like to get one, just not prepared to pay list price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like a white gold president, but more likely to be a datejust of some sort. 40mm has started to wear large for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I'd like to think it'll be my 114270 Explorer, that way I'll have proved I can live with one good all rounder! I'm thinking I'll go 116234 DJ later in life but that'll be another 13 years after that.

Blog Entries
    Probably a diaper.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

No smart watch, unless they have it run from just the power of a rotor, and the tech is upgradable.
    Smart watches will be interesting in 5 years time. At business school we had a (virtual) lecture from Andy Grove (CEO of Intel) who said when assessing any potentially disruptive innovation don't look at it today with its issues but apply the 10X rule so imagine size, battery life etc 10 times better and then you can decide if you should dismiss it as a threat, put it on your "watch list" or decide is a real danger.

Whilst I am today wearing a hand wound Schofield and don't own a smart watch I do wonder if that will be the case after they improve 10 X ?

Apprentice

Cool

Probably a 5 year old 2017 Omega (bought at haste post Baselworld).

That or a 'swiss made' apple mechanical moonphase watch (such brand history)

Under no circumstances will it be smart watch, or apple watch, hideous things that they are! Maybe IŽll trade my current collection for a gold Yachtmaster or something similar, or a Patek of some sort. Or maybe IŽll just Keep my Omegas and 16610 and be grateful.

Master
    I bought my SubC almost exactly five years ago, and it's still my daily to-go watch. I can't really see that changing in the next five years.

I always have more than one watch on the go, swapping between several utility quartz for work and a variety of mechanicals and fancy quartz for home. From my home desk there is usually at least three watches within sight or reach from which to tell the time. Of all these however, its my Seiko Solar Radio digitals which I instinctively turn to both for casual time checks and when punctuality is important.
    So whatever happens, these two wont be far away.

Craftsman
    SD of some description as they are all I currently own. Although a sky dweller is what I'm after long term.

Master
    Blog Entries
    IWC 3227-01. Solid hunk of a watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    I'll be 40 in 5 years, hopfully I will be wearing a nice birthday present!
    You and me both!!! She's getting binned if I don't!!

Master
    My tastes and such havn't changed in over 10 years, so I predict little will change. My expensive watches were also bought as a means of tying up my cash and, hopefully earn me more interest than if I had put it in the bank (1 watch alone has appreciated in value in 1 year such that if I sold it I'd make over double the interest I've earned on Ł35k in 15 months).

So I think it'll be the SD and moonwatch for me :) Although you never know, there might be a royal oak added to the fold at some point.

Master
    Probably my Explorer. Timeless.

Master
    What you visualise in the future has a strange habit of happening so I'm gong to say AP Royal Oak 15202ST extra thin, or VC Overseas 40mm white gold, or PP Calatrava 5196 in white gold. You know, as a little treat after winning an Oscar. You could say you will be wearing the same watch you have now, but if that's your plan, you probably will be.

Not sure, but the list will include.

1665 SD
    5513 Sub
    16800 Sub
    16750 GMT
    Pam 002
    JLC Deepsea Legend.

Hopefully it will include a 18238 Day Date

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Very likely the same I am wearing now, my black on black Broadarrow PRS-4. With a bit more wabi. 😎

Journeyman
    A Breguet Traditional, one of the grey/black ones mmmmmmm.

Craftsman
    Definitely my Speedmaster. I was wearing it when my son was born 8 days ago (I'm stuck in hospital right now!) and it'll be all his when he's older.

Hopefully if I'm still ticking then these will be with me and ticking too. Apart from the ND which has been put away for an 18th.

Master
    As my current daily is an apple watch s2 already, I suspect i'll be wearing whatever 'smart wearable' is available (be it an apple watch s6 or apple glasses).

I would hope to have moved my traditional collection on from the seikos, bulovas and the like that currently sit in my watch box. I'd love to believe that I have a collection consisting of a couple of Grand Seikos, An AP Royal Oak and a PP Calatrava, but I doubt it. Maybe One of them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post

Oh man I love that Schauer - how do you rate it overall? Does he still make/sell his watches or is he too busy with Stowa?

Any more pictures?

I am impressed with Schauer and it is a shame the range is so small. He does advertise a few models on the Stowa site and here http://www.schauer-germany.com/en/kollektion.php
    Pilotswatches.co.uk in Harbourne used to be an AD but no longer.

/

Nigel

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post
    I am impressed with Schauer and it is a shame the range is so small. He does advertise a few models on the Stowa site and here http://www.schauer-germany.com/en/kollektion.php
    Pilotswatches.co.uk in Harbourne used to be an AD but no longer.

/

Nigel
    Lovely Nigel, ta very much.

Craftsman
    Hopefully not a shroud