closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick take on my new incoming :) AP ROO Diver 15710ST

Master

Quick take on my new incoming :) AP ROO Diver 15710ST

Just a quick take on my newest acquisition, an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver.

REF. #15710ST.OO.A002CA.01
    CASE WIDTH: 42 MM
    CASE THICKNESS: 14.1 MM
    WATER RESISTANCE: 300 M

This isnt a full on review as there are many reviews online that does a better job than me, but from another watch guys perspective.

Here are a few shots of my AP and my thoughts.

Background: I wanted something sporty that I can wear casually, in various climates, during holidays etcetc but didnt want the usual suspects like Omega, IWC Aquatimer, Rolex Sub/SD, Tudor etc. Not dissing them ofcourse, they are all amazingly high quality robust watches but just wanted something abit different.

Then i came across the AP diver, something i never considered before but after trying one on at a local AD, I was in love. Ive owned many watches from different brands before, such as IWC, numerous Panerais, Omegas, etc but this AP is just a real treat on the wrist. The feeling of this watch is SOLID. If i were to describe it in one word, thats it really. It is solid, but beautiful, with the edges, polished edges etc. The dial is a matte silky black with enough texture to keep you interested and the white gold markers just shimmer as you look at your wrist.

Telling the time, which is one of its primary functions is superb with a quick glance, you're able to tel the time. The inner rotating bezel clicks with deep satisfaction also.

It isnt a small or light watch by any stretch of the imagination but it is far more comfortable than I ever expected, so much so that I am wearing it to work sometimes now too! I think it is the wide lugs of the strap that helps it hug the wrist and not cause any wobble whatsoever. This thing will stay strapped. It does not have any top heavy wobble either, and in fact is around 14mm thick which is not that thick compared to many other divers or chronographs.

My wrist is very thin but I love it:)

Oh and time keeping is superb too:)

Love them. Never considered one until I tried one on. Now I want one! Congrats and very envious.

Very nice indeed. I've often thought of one as a next step upgrade from the 'endless' Rolex SS dive watches.

I would be interested to hear your views on long term wearability compared with 'ordinary' divers. Also I always seemed to think the rubber strap on my Panerai GMT PAM 88 would get a bit sweaty and grab arm hairs a little.

Also can I ask is this a brand new model the 15710ST and of if so has been updated in any way?

Either way its a cracker.

Love the chunky look of those, excellent choice. Wear it in health.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Very nice indeed. I've often thought of one as a next step upgrade from the 'endless' Rolex SS dive watches.

I would be interested to hear your views on long term wearability compared with 'ordinary' divers. Also I always seemed to think the rubber strap on my Panerai GMT PAM 88 would get a bit sweaty and grab arm hairs a little.

Also can I ask is this a brand new model the 15710ST and of if so has been updated in any way?

Either way its a cracker.
    Yeah so there are many types of rubber straps. The one on this AP is probably the best rubber strap I have ever had. Its not sticky, it has a matt texture, solid but not rigid if that makes sense. For me it does not grab any hairs but i also do not have that much hair on my wrist so hard to say.

So far i ended up wearing this to work every day and loving it. I thought i may be bothered with the weight but the strap hugs it well. It will definately look out of place with a SUIT in my opinion but business casual is fine. The colour scheme is very classic.

Apparently with the 15710ST, the dial construction has changed and there is the see through back. But apart from that i think its the same, there has been movement tweaks too.

Master
    Lovely bit of kit and great to see something that's different too. Enjoy!

Lovely pick up.👍

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just got my ROO the other week, very happy with it :-)

Congrats a lovely piece.

Love it - my favourite ever dive watch. Getting my hands on one of these is my target end game.

Love that. Congrats

Craftsman
    Very nice, have you got any pictures of the caseback?

Did you buy from an AD, Grey, trade? I'd love to try and AP or even a PP but it would mean trading in at least 2 of my SS Rolex which I'm struggling to bring myself to do as I love them all. Don't think I'll every be much of a flipper.

One day I'll get an AP ,these could possibly be my grail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Congrats a lovely piece.

Brilliant watch the AP ROO Rose Gold Rubber clad......enjoy it maccer. Mind me asking where you got it from?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely - you must be really pleased. And how do they get the screws so perfectly aligned? Enjoy!

ATB

Jon

Very nice, the AP diver is a wonderful watch ... they went slightly wonky with their new fruit salad themed collection but the classic stainless steel model is hard to beat !

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Lovely - you must be really pleased. And how do they get the screws so perfectly aligned? Enjoy!

ATB

Jon
    Aren't they fastened from behind with a small nut?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post

Yep thats it.....THe screw heads on the back arnt aligned.

Very nice Jordan. Looks just right on your wrist so enjoy that AP Diver.

Master
    Thank you everyone of your comments!

Really nice watch. I tried one on in Singapore, not sure if the same model but an AP diver. I thought it was quite large back then, but subsequently bought a Deep Sea, and compared to some new Omega divers the AP is a very good size.

I regret not buying one.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post

ATB

Jon
    Surely it can't be hard as they're recessed into the case which is hex headed?

Master
    A fine choice of watch, I have the white dial version which I put on AP Bands shark skin strap, it feels more suitable for wearing to the office now compared to the rubber strap. I can't imagine parting with mine anytime soon, pretty much a keeper for me.

Word of warning, be very careful of coat pockets with zips on or reachiing into a zip up bag, I've collected some nice scratches in both those scenarios.

Master
    They are seriously fantastic watches but from experience I think they mark a lot easier than Rolex and this did my head in. Still regret selling though ....

This is my favourite Offshore. Looks great, congrats!

These are great watches and I really love mine a lot. I echo the point about zips on pockets and bags though be careful!

I started to fall for AP since this ROO, and it has been on my wish list ever since.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post

Master
    Blog Entries
    Stunning watch. Congrats.

Master
    This is the one watch I'm really thinking of selling my collection for. Couldn't justify the money as an addition. Would be a hard job saying good bye to the Panerai, Bell Ross and Breitlings but then a thread like this turns up!!!

Great choice. I got mine last year but the previous version, 15703, so no view of the movement and the more textured gloss dial. I love it and its really nice to wear it in rotation with my other watches. Mine came with an aftermarket metal bracelet and I have considered trying to track down a genuine OEM bracelet but after trying it on numerous times with the cheap Non OEM I have to admit that these suit the rubber strap with the Tang clasp far better! Any chance of a rear side pic of your so I can picture the engine in mine?

Enjoy.

Master

Pics of the back

Due to some requests, posting some photos of the back.

Also I highly recommend the Tang. Its a beast but really solid and expertly crafted. Very comfortable too.

Another thing I recommend is the AP Service near Bond Street. You can buy accessories there like OEM Straps and they will even fit it for you. I was very impressed that after inspecting the fit, there was not a single scratch on the screw heads etc. Its surprising how many ADs will screw this up or not care about this. I bought XS straps at the service centre and had it fitted as well. It was all very professional.

I like that the balance wheel is secured in both ways like Rolex.

Absolutely the best tang buckle i have ever had haha

I wish I can take the glass LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    A fine choice of watch, I have the white dial version which I put on AP Bands shark skin strap, it feels more suitable for wearing to the office now compared to the rubber strap. I can't imagine parting with mine anytime soon, pretty much a keeper for me.

Word of warning, be very careful of coat pockets with zips on or reachiing into a zip up bag, I've collected some nice scratches in both those scenarios.

Thank you for the warning. I have already made a pin size nick on the bezel i think from pocket doh....

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    lovely watch

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Due to some requests, posting some photos of the back.

Also I highly recommend the Tang. Its a beast but really solid and expertly crafted. Very comfortable too.

Another thing I recommend is the AP Service near Bond Street. You can buy accessories there like OEM Straps and they will even fit it for you. I was very impressed that after inspecting the fit, there was not a single scratch on the screw heads etc. Its surprising how many ADs will screw this up or not care about this. I bought XS straps at the service centre and had it fitted as well. It was all very professional.

I like that the balance wheel is secured in both ways like Rolex.

Absolutely the best tang buckle i have ever had haha

I wish I can take the glass LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the warning. I have already made a pin size nick on the bezel i think from pocket doh....
    Thanks for the pics ;-)

There AP service dept is an amazing place! I went down there in December, getting in is like entering Fort Knoxx.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Brilliant watch the AP ROO Rose Gold Rubber clad......enjoy it maccer. Mind me asking where you got it from?
    Thank you I got it from Marc at MJ Watches - great guy! Very helpful.

Master
    Congrats, a fine piece and was my first AP.

[IMG][/IMG]

Congrats a lovely piece.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Very nice, have you got any pictures of the caseback?

Did you buy from an AD, Grey, trade? I'd love to try and AP or even a PP but it would mean trading in at least 2 of my SS Rolex which I'm struggling to bring myself to do as I love them all. Don't think I'll every be much of a flipper.
    I would trade in 2 Rolexes for a Diver, esp if you have another Rolex.

We really should start an AP appreciation thread.

Journeyman
    Love it.

Thank you I got it from Marc at MJ Watches - great guy! Very helpful.

Cool. Marc is a totally ace guy to deal with....well done to you both!

Master
    [IMG][/IMG]

Congrats a lovely piece.
    Really really classy, seriously amazing wrist presence. Nice one!!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Really really classy, seriously amazing wrist presence. Nice one!!
    Cheers :-) I understand its proper marmite but I love it. I needed a rose gold in my collection after moving on the rose gold Yachtmaster :-) And I needed another rubber strap - love the rubber haha.

Yours is pure class, I loved my DSSD ( which I somehow misplaced) and thought to replace with the model you have! A beauty.

I've had mine a few years now and it's a great watch!

Look's like a great fit on your wrist.Enjoy!