closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Canon DSLR help

Hybrid View

I have a 30d with the 24-105 which works for me in the same sort of situations you suggest

What are you going to be photographing mostly?

If it's landscapes, then a full frame model like the 6D might be better. With a 24-105 or 24-70 lens and you're good to go.

For most other subjects, a cropped sensor model like the 7D2 or 80D is fine. Both are extremely capable cameras. A 24-105 lens might still be fine with these, but if you want some wide angle options then maybe a 18-135 lens might give you more options.

This is a good website to show most of the best deals around: http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/C...n-Digital-SLRs

I bought a 70d in December, it was discounted (300 pounds) because the shop had 80d's in and when I weighed it up given my abilities it seems better value to purchase a Canon 70d with a 'stock' 18-135mm IS STM instead of the 80d with 'stock' 18-55mm IS.

What about 2nd hand from a camera shop?

I have a 70D and love it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I love my 7D (mark 1) its about 4 years old and still clicking away.

I'm a Nikon user, so no advice on which model from me. What I will say is that you should consider size and weight if you're going to be carrying your purchase on walks.

You can get decent shots using any modern camera body, so think more about the lens(es) you want. A telephoto lens is where most of us start and I see that Canon offer packages with a 18-135 mm lens. Research that one and see if it gets decent reviews. Once you have done your course (good idea) and done a bit of photography you'll know more about what you really need to achieve what you want.

For prices you can look here and elsewhere on the net.

Oh...an afterthought. Is there a camera club near where you live? They will be a good source of advice.
    Last edited by PickleB; 10th February 2017 at 06:51.

Master
    I know of a 5d MK11 and a 300mm,50mm and grip for sale.

I have the 6d withe the 24-105 kit lens. Absolute amateur am I, but I get beautiful photos. My only gripe is that the 6d doesn't have many focus points so anything other than portraits with still subjects gets a bit tricky for me. I will be upgrading along the line probably to the model above mine mk5 in some guise, as I think I'd get a lot better shots with more focus points. I wouldn't consider a 7d as it is not full frame.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    6D + 24-105mm. No brainier, other opinions are available ;)
    This could be a winning combo with some good deals out there at the mo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_Drage View Post
    I have a 30d with the 24-105 which works for me in the same sort of situations you suggest
    Thanks, will probably go for this lens with a 80d/6d