Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
I'm a Nikon man so can't help you with that one. Try and read up on what is epic in the camera range, certainly quite a few earlier posters specc'd the 24-105.

It is a bit of a generalisation, but the kit lenses, i.e. the ones that come with the cameras from the shops, are rarely stellar performers. They are often two-a-penny on the used websites like Wex or LCE. Take a look through their secondhand listings to sort something in your budget. I've bought from both and they are easy and pleasant to deal with.

Get a decent range, 20 to 80 sort of thing. Much more and you'll get compromises rearing their ugly head. Also getting a prime (50mm is ok) with a very wide aperture (1.4 or 1.8) will help your scope and develop your creativity. Also, with a fairly standard prime you get a lot of bang for your buck. Pin sharp performance at a cheap price. There's a lot to be said for primes, but keep dust off your sensor when you're changing lenses.
Thanks for your reply. You are reinforcing the lens choices I plan to make with most of my budget going on the two you describe. Ta v much

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app