closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 73 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 8267

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    One kit car out, one kit car in.
    Just a lightly peppier one, at 620bhp per tonne.
    Very nice, that's more my thing than the Superlight - I've been considering a 620r with full cage and looked at a few at Caterham in Crawley.

Last September Caterham's Chief Exec took me around Silverstone in his custom 620R - had full screen and standard gearbox. Personally I'd go for the aero screen but I'm not a fan of the sequential shift.

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Alex, that will have been Graham's orange 620S? The version I am in fact getting, with a windscreen and a side order of aero!

Alex, that will have been Graham's orange 620S? The version I am in fact getting, with a windscreen and a side order of aero!
    Yes that's the one, although I'm sure he said it was an R with some S bits.

Isn't the suspension different and this car didn't have heated seats?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, his is an S. I saw it being built at the factory last year and chatted with him about it. Heated composite seats are an option as are normal composites. Standard seats are the normal Caterham leather ones. The S does not have the R's track orientated suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    400h?

Master
    Alex, Simon looking at the photo it also looks like Grahams is an SV as well and not an S3

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Alex, Simon looking at the photo it also looks like Grahams is an SV as well and not an S3
    I can't actually remember but it didn't feel that wide inside so don't think it is an SV - but based on the above I can't be sure.

Master
    Zoom in and look at the number of poppers on the top of the screen, then compare it to Simons. Pretty certain it's an SV. I've always preferred the S3 which has pretty much the same dims as the original Lotus 7

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    400h?
    Indeed, tried a few 300s but the ones within viewing distance were old and a bit tired. Wanted to look at a 350 but they all seem to either live on the south coast (increases the chance of rust) or Scotland (too far away really). In the end this 400h SE with all the trimmings (except rear screens) came up an hours drive away so I went to look and the rest is history.
    After my A6 blew it's head gasket and badly damaged the engine 4 years ago I have been folding myself into a small, wife mandated Kia (7 year warranty really persuaded her after the audi), a campaign of constant bitching and moaning resulted in the words 'just get whatever car you want then, but it has to have 5 seats' being uttered and so here we are.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Zoom in and look at the number of poppers on the top of the screen, then compare it to Simons. Pretty certain it's an SV. I've always preferred the S3 which has pretty much the same dims as the original Lotus 7
    Paul, you are correct and a detail I forgot. The orange is an SV chassis. I have chosen to go for the classic S3 - not a fan of the wider version.
    Last edited by Skyman; 3rd February 2017 at 11:37.

I also recently replaced an Alfa 159 diesel estate with an RX400h SE-L (for the family wagon). Although it is nearly 10 years old, I'm loving the slightly old skool, Japanese automation of everything. You just put the key in, turn it and go.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Chaps, this is in fact the car in question.
    http://uk.caterhamcars.com/pre-owned/1915-620s-sv

Chaps, this is in fact the car in question.
    http://uk.caterhamcars.com/pre-owned/1915-620s-sv
    Good spot, one careful owner :-p

I searched yesterday and only found the green 620

I quite like the look of the green R500

Master

Had this 10 months and Im a bit of a serial flipper but this ones got me hooked.

Traded my Defender 90 for a 110 due to a growing family, practicality and the dogs. This will be my 6th Defender and I can't believe how much they are going up in value! Crazy prices.

Was able to find this beauty locally on a 13 plate with only 26k on the clock. She is immaculate and the dealer gave the full asking price for my trade in. Added a few extra bits and look forward to keeping this beauty for sometime to come.

Nothing beats a LR Defender!

“Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Traded my Defender 90 for a 110 due to a growing family, practicality and the dogs. This will be my 6th Defender and I can't believe how much they are going up in value! Crazy prices.

Was able to find this beauty locally on a 13 plate with only 26k on the clock. She is immaculate and the dealer gave the full asking price for my trade in. Added a few extra bits and look forward to keeping this beauty for sometime to come.

Nothing beats a LR Defender!

Mint

Craftsman

SQ7. Best car I've ever driven!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco81 View Post

SQ7. Best bus I've ever driven!!!

You've not driven many then? Sorry, could not resist.
    Last edited by Skyman; 10th February 2017 at 20:57.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post

Nothing beats a LR Defender
    Very nice. I'm currently torn about selling mine as fancy a different direction. Can you say which dealer you traded with? Might put the feelers out to see how much it's worth

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's no kit car but I'm sure it's ok... ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Well, it's no kit car but I'm sure it's ok... ;)
    Granted, if that is what floats your supertanker.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Very nice. I'm currently torn about selling mine as fancy a different direction. Can you say which dealer you traded with? Might put the feelers out to see how much it's worth
    http://www.telliottlandrovers.co.uk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Had this 10 months and Im a bit of a serial flipper but this ones got me hooked.
    Very nice, was lent one on an RS taster day, had we not already had the same model S3 I think we may have been tempted but the cost to change compared to the day to day useable power difference between the two didn't reallty make it worthwhile, also had goes in the RS7 and RS4 ont he same. Really loved the RS4 but just not practical enough for me as a work car.

(you said you were a serial flipper though, I hope you still have it)

SQ7. Best car I've ever driven!!!

Quite a sleeper these things, the torque figures are huge and remarkably quick for a heavy car.

Nice RS3 too, one of my good friends has one and we are going to look at ordering the facelift 400bhp version to replace the other half's C63

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Great car. I had one last year. Truly fantastic bit of kit, 400hp version coming this year.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Quite a sleeper these things, the torque figures are huge and remarkably quick for a heavy car.

Nice RS3 too, one of my good friends has one and we are going to look at ordering the facelift 400bhp version to replace the other half's C63
    We got details of the new 400hp RS3 today. Let me know and I'll place you at the top of the list.

Craftsman
    Hahaha corners like a go kart though! Dog pressed up against the glass!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Great car. I had one last year. Truly fantastic bit of kit, 400hp version coming this year.
    This is the chav car of choice in Bristol. Not sure why, but all the tossers drive the current version. I guess they have progressed, in their minds, from the junior Ms.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha corners like a go kart though! Dog pressed up against the glass!!!
    Nah! More like a space shuttle.

Master
    [QUOTE=Skyman; Not sure why, but all the tossers drive the current version. .[/QUOTE]

Assuming you have one on order then.
    Sorry,could not resist.

We got details of the new 400hp RS3 today. Let me know and I'll place you at the top of the list.
    Thank you, need to check out deals and available options - we probably wouldn't bother with ceramics

Master
    Blog Entries
    I killed my 123D before Christmas and replaced it with a 320D which I got at trade price through a friend in the trade. It's a nice drive and is giving me 750 miles from a tank of diesel rather than 500 miles in the 123D. Lots more toys than the last car and more suited to my expanded family.

[IMG][/IMG]

the Boodle dog and the Olaf car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my eldest now too tall to fit comfortably in the back of my 911, I've finally relented and got myself a more practical car.

Very pleased with it so far.

I needed something for the weekend. So I have picked this up to sit along side my Giulietta. So far I am loving it, picture taken in the Peak District yesterday on my way from collection.

Master
    Nice motors

Master

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I needed something for the weekend. So I have picked this up to sit along side my Giulietta. So far I am loving it, picture taken in the Peak District yesterday on my way from collection.

Thats a rare sight these days. very nice indeed. Always fancied one but was never brave enough to buy, think I was scarred by running a fragile Integrale for a year, have never had another italian car since.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Thats a rare sight these days. very nice indeed. Always fancied one but was never brave enough to buy, think I was scarred by running a fragile Integrale for a year, have never had another italian car since.
    Maybe understandable, but even Italian manufacturing methods have moved on since the Integrale. Go on, treat yourself :) That new Giulia looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Thanks. And yes it's rare, that's part of the appeal. I think there is only 250 left road registered. I am a little worried about the up keep, but that's part of the "joy" of ownership. You take the good with the bad. But mine is a low(ish) mileage example at 67k and has been well looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Maybe understandable, but even Italian manufacturing methods have moved on since the Integrale. Go on, treat yourself :) That new Giulia looks great.
    I popped into an Alfa dealer on my way home from collecting the GTA. The new Giulia QV sounded epic! And are already becoming rare. I was told Alfa is now only letting the cars be demonstrated in Neutral mode. Apparently 7 have already been written off when being demo'd in Race or Dynamic mode.

Journeyman
    Just got this at the weekend in preparation for the better weather

I'd have to get one of these to go on my desk if I had a Caterham

Lovely, about the only car i'd consider selling my Integrale for

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd have to get one of these to go on my desk if I had a Caterham

Indeed!

Master

Is that a Q2 badge I spy too? Lovely car and I miss my GTA as it was a dream. Black with the Black and Tan leather interior. Nobody knew what it was or what it could do so it took a few boy racers by surprise when they deserved to be put in their place!

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    Is that a Q2 badge I spy too? Lovely car and I miss my GTA as it was a dream. Black with the Black and Tan leather interior. Nobody knew what it was or what it could do so it took a few boy racers by surprise when they deserved to be put in their place!
    Yep, Q2 and uprated 330mm Brembo brakes fitted. Apart from that the only mods are the quad exhaust and Bilstein B12 suspension. All that with a perfect interior and only 67k miles on the clock.

Master
    I've had a little yarn with the vendor on Alfabook about it today. He seemed delighted that the car had gone to a proud new owner.

Yep, Q2 and uprated 330mm Brembo brakes fitted. Apart from that the only mods are the quad exhaust and Bilstein B12 suspension. All that with a perfect interior and only 67k miles on the clock.
    Nice car you have there, always nice to dare to be different, Quite fancy a GTV Cup as something to love for a bit...

Master

Absolute stunner. Congratulations.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post
    With my eldest now too tall to fit comfortably in the back of my 911, I've finally relented and got myself a more practical car.

Very pleased with it so far.

Nice, real classy👌