closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster servicing - independant?

Speedmaster servicing - independant?

Had a search through the threads but can't find anything recent - does anyone have any recommendations of an independant to service a 2006 Speedmaster Pro? Seems to be keeping time great, but would like it refurbed as its picked up a few scratches/dings over the years!

Who is good at them moment? Is it worth just sending it back to Omega?

Also does anyone have any idea of current costs through STS?
    Last edited by Unlight; 17th February 2017 at 15:28.

I just had mine serviced by Brendan Hoey, just google webwatchmaker fantastic job, highly recommended.

Mine was serviced last year by Duncan at Genesis, and a first class job he made of it as well!

Thanks guys, would you mind giving me a rough idea of the prices?

Craftsman
    Another vote for Duncan at genesis, got my 40yr old speedmaster running to within a second a day where it has remained for the last couple years.
    You may wait a little while before he can start, but he is great at sending you photos etc of the process which I quite like as a geek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    The problem with these watches thesedays is the availability of Omega-specific parts. Normally, a new mainspring and seals in the pushers and crown are all that's needed, that's no problem because mainsprings are available and generic O rings fit correctly. However, if the hands bend or get marked during removal sourcing replacements is now v. difficult for the likes of me and that's why I`m reluctant to get involved with Speedys. A shame, because they're not hard to service and the refinishing work usually isn`t difficult either.

Thank Swatch Group for looking after their customers' best interests,

Paul

Craftsman
    I would recommend Seth at thewatchdealer , he services a lot of Omegas and his prices are always good .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    Another vote for Duncan at genesis, got my 40yr old speedmaster running to within a second a day where it has remained for the last couple years.
    You may wait a little while before he can start, but he is great at sending you photos etc of the process which I quite like as a geek!
    Same with me - 30 year old Speedmaster Pro running as well as any of my other watches after being in Duncan's expert hands.

My 2006 2254 is currently with STS - £310 for full service inc crown and valve seal. £108 on top for case and bracelet refurb.

First service so justifying it as (only) £38 per year!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    My 2006 2254 is currently with STS - £310 for full service inc crown and valve seal. £108 on top for case and bracelet refurb.

First service so justifying it as (only) £38 per year!
    STS include a mild refinish as part of the full service so they would normally only charge extra to rectify significant damage i.e. if laser welding or lapping was required above and beyond the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    STS include a mild refinish as part of the full service so they would normally only charge extra to rectify significant damage i.e. if laser welding or lapping was required above and beyond the norm.
    Good to know - it has had a working life so I am hoping the extra will be worth it.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterv View Post
    I just had mine serviced by Brendan Hoey, just google webwatchmaker fantastic job, highly recommended.
    Thanks peterv.

I would charge £275.00 for a premium gold service. 2-3 weeks.

No one but Omegas could service my quartz Speedmaster so it cost me £550

Mind you I doubt it had ever been serviced so not too bad for a 40 year old piece

Most Speedmasters with Lemania or Valjoux movements could be serviced by independents. Not so sure about my Speedmaster Automatic Reduced though with its modular movement.

+1 for Duncan and Genesis - he offers a discount for TZ members.

You can register on the Genesis website, or drop him an email with your TZ username.

Recommend