closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show your Seikos.

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Can't beat a good Seiko. With the wealth of replacement parts available, you can always mod them if you tire of the look. For example, mine went from this...

To this...

z
    Wow! Top job. The 2nd one looks waaaay better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a punt on an internet sale with dodgy photos. I didn't know much about the 7548 but after a bit of research I discovered that it has a bomb-proof quartz movement in a classic case.
    Anyway, the watch arrived and I couldn't be happier. The case in in perfect nick, not a mark on it (hard to show in photos just how clean it is) and the movement is running strong, second hand hitting the markers spot on.
    Picked this up for the equivalent of 60 quid! Sorry, had to mention that.

On the case back it is marked with a dot on 1984 which i think signifies first battery change, so I guess the watch is 1980?
    I think I'll get this in for a service a change the seals. The crown doesn't seem to be sitting right when screwed down, it's just a bit high.

Initially put it on a rally strap.

And then on a NATO because a dive watch shouldn't really be on a rally strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by el marinero View Post
    Took a punt on an internet sale with dodgy photos. I didn't know much about the 7548 but after a bit of research I discovered that it has a bomb-proof quartz movement in a classic case.
    Anyway, the watch arrived and I couldn't be happier. The case in in perfect nick, not a mark on it (hard to show in photos just how clean it is) and the movement is running strong, second hand hitting the markers spot on.
    Picked this up for the equivalent of 60 quid! Sorry, had to mention that.

On the case back it is marked with a dot on 1984 which i think signifies first battery change, so I guess the watch is 1980?
    I think I'll get this in for a service a change the seals. The crown doesn't seem to be sitting right when screwed down, it's just a bit high.

Initially put it on a rally strap.

And then on a NATO because a dive watch shouldn't really be on a rally strap.

Looks like a good catch- the serial number will reveal the production date

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Looks like a good catch- the serial number will reveal the production date
    I didn't know that.
    Serial number reveals production date of October 1981.
    Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using TZ-UK mobile app

I am quite fond of this vintage Seiko officially certified chronometer from 1972, a pig to capture due to the faceted crystal.

Craftsman

Out with my Sun!

Out with my SUN025 yesterday and took a few photos on my phone. Just had a proper look and I think this one is great. This Nato really suits this watch and makes it look quite purposeful, much better than the bracelet which looks a bit too dressy I think.

Could not resist the heads up about good prices from Skywatches the other week and this SRP787 arrived yesterday,

This is my 4th one (Zimbe, Padi, 779 and this 787) and I think I'm done now unless they release an orange dial...
    As a very wise man once posted on a forum, this release is a slam dunk from Seiko.