closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Trio of Divers

Master

A Trio of Divers

free upload image

Here's a personal review.

LHS: 2254.50 Sword Hands. From wearing over an entire course of a day sometimes you don't even know it's on the wrist as its slimness fits under a cuff and it's bracelet is so comfortable. The watch has torch like Lume. This watch can be worn anywhere and is quite a common spot when I'm working around Bank and Fenchurch Street.
    Middle: the 2538.20 Great White. With an independent GMT hand Bi-directional bezel and 300WR. Not a true Divers Spec Watch but don't let that fool you it's as tough as old boots and could happily go Scuba Diving (as long as you are not relying on a minute counter).
    You lose a quick set date due to the GMT complication and occasion legibility due to the white dial. However it's the perfect holiday watch in and out of the pool and Sea. I put this one on a Navy blue Isofrane. I'd highly recommend flipping over to an Isofrane for holidays.
    RHS: 166.025-1 Baby Ploprof
    With 70's Tool design paramount in this design, no polishing to reflect light off any shiny surface. Did Omega ever intend this to be worn by non divers? Perhaps as early as mid 70's it probably occurred to Rolex that they had to expand their dive watch ownership base. This watch is wonderful for having no such intentions and becoming a design classic because of this. I liken this to an old Land Rover that become beautiful with age as it's style and heritage remains in a fixed time.
    I've realised that the double marker at 12 has probably gone on to inspire the Bond Seamaster.
    I wonder if someone at Omega has considered doing a re-edition? Perhaps it's better remaining as it is.

Lovely collection. Agreed that a re-edition would not be a big surprise.

I would do a 'my 2254 says hi' picture but I can't bring myself to........plus it is still away for servicing and I find it a little unnerving that I miss it. Need to get out more I think...

Omega could do worse than release reissue or reinterpretations of their 1970s Seamaster divers. The Ploprof reissue seems to be popular with watch enthusiasts, if not the general public.

Master
    Lovely collection.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    free upload image

Here's a personal review.

LHS: 2254.50 Sword Hands. From wearing over an entire course of a day sometimes you don't even know it's on the wrist as its slimness fits under a cuff and it's bracelet is so comfortable. The watch has torch like Lume. This watch can be worn anywhere and is quite a common spot when I'm working around Bank and Fenchurch Street.
    Middle: the 2538.20 Great White. With an independent GMT hand Bi-directional bezel and 300WR. Not a true Divers Spec Watch but don't let that fool you it's as tough as old boots and could happily go Scuba Diving (as long as you are not relying on a minute counter).
    You lose a quick set date due to the GMT complication and occasion legibility due to the white dial. However it's the perfect holiday watch in and out of the pool and Sea. I put this one on a Navy blue Isofrane. I'd highly recommend flipping over to an Isofrane for holidays.
    RHS: 166.025-1 Baby Ploprof
    With 70's Tool design paramount in this design, no polishing to reflect light off any shiny surface. Did Omega ever intend this to be worn by non divers? Perhaps as early as mid 70's it probably occurred to Rolex that they had to expand their dive watch ownership base. This watch is wonderful for having no such intentions and becoming a design classic because of this. I liken this to an old Land Rover that become beautiful with age as it's style and heritage remains in a fixed time.
    I've realised that the double marker at 12 has probably gone on to inspire the Bond Seamaster.
    I wonder if someone at Omega has considered doing a re-edition? Perhaps it's better remaining as it is.
    Lovely trio

Iconic watches.

Nice. Baby PloProf is the pick of the bunch for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Lovely collection,like all 3 with 2254 my favourite.

Thanks for posting.

Colin.

Craftsman
    I'm a huge fan of the 2254. One that got away for me, P/X'd mine for what turned out to be an un loved Planet Ocean (45mm was too big) So that got chucked in against my Rolex Explorer 2, on my wrist right now.

Totally agree about the 2254 being a lovely watch to wear all day.

Master
    That baby ploprof is just stunning. Will have to put it on the "one day" list.

It really doesn't get too much better than that now does it

Master
    Very nice, Omega have made some lovely divers watches over the years, would love to see them resissue the 2254. Sadly if they did I'm sure it would be 44mm and 15mm deep.

Three extremely good dive watches.
    Well done.

Craftsman
    Why have I never seen or heard of a baby plo-prof before ..gooogling it now.... It's so nice, just up my street. I've got a soft spot for vintage cushion case divers and the like.
    Is it common for the lume to fall out like that?
    Last edited by jason.humphrey.180; 26th February 2017 at 22:52.

Three belters there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Why have I never seen or heard of a baby plo-prof before ..gooogling it now.... It's so nice, just up my street. I've got a soft spot for vintage cushion case divers and the like.
    Is it common for the lume to fall out like that?
    Thanks everyone for all the nice comments.
    I think Tritium can crumble over time and those large surface area Plonguer hands are probably more vulnerable.
    I suppose they could be relumed or another alternative is replacement hands and keep originals for provinence.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I suppose they could be relumed or another alternative is replacement hands and keep originals for provinence.
    I actually like them as they are, makes your piece unique to you. It's not like you're gonna take it diving and need to see the hands in the gloom anyway. Cool either way.