closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help an idiot buy a Rolex

Help an idiot buy a Rolex

No, not me...

Apparently this guy borrowed his friends new Airking with a view to buying it, was on his way to his friends to return it as he wouldn't sell him it just yet. Left it on the roof of his car and drove off, resulting in a watch that I doubt very very much is repairable. He is now asking his Youtube followers to help him recover the money he had to pay his mate. No doubt a sore loss but isn't asking random people taking it a bit far ? It's not like he's asking for a hot meal.

Here's the video

Banned
    Ouch !

Master
    Asking strangers on the internet to cover for your stupidity, and/or neglect, seems to be a common practice these days. A new case and bracelet would fix that watch up.

Craftsman
    Fool and their money and all that.

I might start a similar campaign and see if I can get some cash for a new watch too :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    A new case and bracelet would fix that watch up.
    Add hands, dial and crystal to that list and possibly a new movement. Trigger's broom springs to mind.

Master
    That'll polish out 😉

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Where do I donate?

Ironic how Rolex has been trying since forever to make this brand exclusive (and it is, mostly) yet their watches keep falling on the hands of all sorts of idiots... I know it's not the owner's fault but still... I'd be pissed if it was a Seiko or a Certina...

Help an idiot buy a Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Where do I donate?
    Wiilamsbruce008@gmail.com apparently!

Or alternatively Dave+63@givemeyourmoney.com And I'll see that it gets to him.

He comes across as incredibly fake in the video. A massively fishy story!

Master
    Blog Entries
    We've all done daft things but that comes across so insincere. He is that upset he went and made a YouTube video.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a scam. Fake Rolex trying to get suckers to donate money as they feel sorry for him. If anyone is thinking about donating then think about starving kids in some of the poorest country in the world.

Master
    Online begging amazing, I think if I'd done somthing that stupid I would want to keep quite about it

Master
    What a muppet

Banned
    I get the story. The Rolex is a write off and not even the movement would be totally salvagable. Would I donate? Err.... No! Plenty of people with far more serious problems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Omg that's sorry to see but also crazy to hear the request...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I wish American men could stop being so nauseatingly in touch with their emotions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I wish American men could stop being so nauseatingly in touch with their emotions.
    What do you expect from someone who posts videos of themselves talking about watches?

Master
    I'm just trying to think why I might take my watch off, place it on the roof of my car (?) and THEN go and drive off???

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    That was my thought ... what a clown, good god!

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    I'm just trying to think why I might take my watch off, place it on the roof of my car (?) and THEN go and drive off???
    We have all driven off with things on the roof of our car.
    A silly mistake but can happen.
    The part up for discussion/mockery is making a video begging strangers to pay for that silly mistake.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 3rd March 2017 at 21:31.

Blog Entries
    Gofundme my ass (pardon the American euphemism)
    Plenty of real people in need of transplants etc and other vital lifesaving needs than this guys plight- how about a little wooden coffin for the watch , that do?

Master
    I was thinking exactly the same, I can't think that i've left anything on the car roof in 25 years of driving and probably close to 400,000 miles in that time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    The part up for discussion/mockery is making a video begging strangers to pay for that silly mistake.
    Someone I know did this with his vintage Fender bass (in case) and managed to drive home (not a great distance) with the case on the roof of the car. Not quite the same but a cycling friend of mine had an 'off' whilst wearing his Sub. RSC did the necessary and he didn't go bleating for money.

When I was 18 I drove off from a petrol station with my wallet on the roof. Not my finest moment and never found it. Luckily I was skint so no great loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Wiilamsbruce008@gmail.com apparently!

Or alternatively Dave+63@givemeyourmoney.com And I'll see that it gets to him.

Let me know when you receive my cash Dave

I couldn't take the video seriously once he started sniffling.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    No, not me...

Apparently this guy borrowed his friends new Airking with a view to buying it, was on his way to his friends to return it as he wouldn't sell him it just yet. Left it on the roof of his car and drove off, resulting in a watch that I doubt very very much is repairable. He is now asking his Youtube followers to help him recover the money he had to pay his mate. No doubt a sore loss but isn't asking random people taking it a bit far ? It's not like he's asking for a hot meal.

Here's the video
    I'm not sure what the problem, think that's an improvment personally! ;)

Ahhh..big girls blouse.

Is that a tyre print over the box

Master
    I haven't laughed so much since a work colleague borrowed my company Audi to go and get the lunchtime sandwiches and ran it into the back of a truck when the sun shone in his eyes. (You can tell how long ago this was - sunshine!)

You wreck it - you've bought it. Life's lessons can be hard. A real dumbass thing to do - but surely there was insurance? No? lol Now where do I send him a cheque in $$$$s so it he doesn't do that sad look anymore?

And when you see it all broken and not shiny, it really does look like a junky trinket .............. we have all been taken in, it really IS "JUST STUFF" once the Pixie Dust is removed.

As for crowdfunding a replacement................... lol
    Last edited by UKMike; 3rd March 2017 at 22:40.

Journeyman
    I will be following to see how he gets on. I agree it is just 'stuff' but they are v pretty and I want one

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    No I haven't actually but I do get your point! I don't put anything there to avoid the eventuality. I get keys etc falling off when put there and you have your hands full or things on their way to the boot.

What I was more surprised about was the fact it was a watch! I can't recall ever taking my watch off when near enough a car to put it on the roof. Inside the car maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem, think that's an improvment personally! ;)
    It's put a bit of character into the bezel, and brought out its tool watch credentials, yeah much better

I can't recall ever taking my watch off when near enough a car to put it on the roof. Inside the car maybe.

His biggest mistake was getting his priorities wrong. He put the baby seat in the car first??? Surely the Rolex should have been the main priority

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's put a bit of character into the bezel, and brought out its tool watch credentials, yeah much better

Indeed, a true Rolex beater!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Go to Rolex AD and buy brand new + 5 years warranty. It's hardly rocket science!

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    What's harder- understanding a thread, or buying a Rolex?

I wasn't sure if it was just me who didn't understand that reply, obviously not then haha.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather give a tramp £20 to spend on Super T's than give this fraggle money towards an expensive trinket he has already demonstrated he hasn't got the capacity to look after.

He is getting a right hammering in the YouTube comments, quite rightly.

I feel as though I've already contributed by watching the ads on some of his other videos.

Horrible mistake to make. I imagine his 40 minute drive back to find the watch was a tense one.

What's a Mozda?

I'm sure it's answered in the video but frankly I CBA to watch some idiot sniffle over his broken man jewellery, however, why was the watch not on his wrist? Or was it on his wrist and he was on the roof of the car when he drove off?

How much has he raised towards his vasectomy then?

Did anyone else laugh when he started crying?

No I haven't actually but I do get your point! I don't put anything there to avoid the eventuality. I get keys etc falling off when put there and you have your hands full or things on their way to the boot.

What I was more surprised about was the fact it was a watch! I can't recall ever taking my watch off when near enough a car to put it on the roof. Inside the car maybe.
    He removed it earlier, packaged it all up and then put it on the roof of the car, that's why the box is in tatters

Did you watch it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The first thing that jumped out to me is does he live on the freeway (American motorway?)? Surely that box would slide off pretty early. To say he spotted it at the side of the freeway means it probably travelled a decent distance on top of the car.

I'm half tempted to stick a watch box on the top of my car and see how long it stays on. I'd be very surprised if it could stay on above 20 miles per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    The first thing that jumped out to me is does he live on the freeway (American motorway?)? Surely that box would slide off pretty early. To say he spotted it at the side of the freeway means it probably travelled a decent distance on top of the car.

I'm half tempted to stick a watch box on the top of my car and see how long it stays on. I'd be very surprised if it could stay on above 20 miles per hour.
    When I first learnt to drive, I put my school homework on the roof of the car (A4 box file). It lasted 1/4 of a mile at 20 to 30mph before coming off and scattering over the road...definitely didn't fall off instantly.

This is a stupid story. And we all are here, loosing our time :) :) :)

Master
    I know one shouldn't laugh at others' misfortunes, but he just makes it so damn hard!

Master
    It's a shame he went about it like that really. If he'd have covered the story with a bit more control and perspective he may well have even got offers of help. It's not the way to do things in my opinion and (as we can see by the replies here) he's only going to annoy people.

He'd have gained a whole load more subscribers and he could have started afresh, even hang the Rolex on the wall behind him. I think the problem here was making that video a bit too early.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    It's a shame he went about it like that really. If he'd have covered the story with a bit more control and perspective he may well have even got offers of help. It's not the way to do things in my opinion and (as we can see by the replies here) he's only going to annoy people.

He'd have gained a whole load more subscribers and he could have started afresh, even hang the Rolex on the wall behind him. I think the problem here was making that video a bit too early.

The problem here is that he made the video at all. What a to$$er.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    The whole sniffling and fake sad faces at the end is just embarrassing.

Take a fake Rolex. Bugger it to bits.
    Make the video.
    Receive the money from all the mugs who believed you.

Please note that the conclusion remains valid if the story is true, and that it is a creative way to avoid taking responsibility for your actions.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.