closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice/inspiration request

Apprentice

Advice/inspiration request

I'm new to the forum having joined to solicit your input on my next purchase. I currently have an Oris Aquis Red and a Black Bay red on the leather strap (most I've spent so far) along with a couple of kinetic seikos. I've got my name down for the new AirKing but I'm wondering if I should be looking at something else if I'm going to spend £4.5k. I've tried a speedy but wasn't comfortable on my wrist (too long). Tried seamaster 300 but looked very thick. Plant ocean seem too obvious and don't have the appeal they had for me 10 years ago.
    Also thinking perhaps I split the budget and buy a couple. Any experience of Christopher Ward?
    I've got a few months before the AK turns up so any suggestions would be welcome.

Personally I'm really not a fan of Christopher Ward. I've got the new Air King and love it (bought it on SC from Crouchy).

Is it a case of changing your mind on AK or are you intending to buy that plus another?

Steve

Apprentice
    I had the chance to try on the AK recently as a AD had one waiting to be picked up and I liked it hence going on the list. It is more about the cost. I'm comfortable paying the price but it will be the last buy for a few years so want to make sure I've considered everything so I don't see something in 6mths time that I prefer.

Makes sense! I'm a big fan of Zenith so maybe have a look at those. If the normal Speedie wasn't your cup of tea, have you had a look at the reduced versions? They're 39mm instead of 42mm. I think you might need to look on the 2nd hand market though.

Steve

Apprentice

Advice/inspiration request

I've had a few calls to say they had an AirKing but each time I let it pass. Got the call again on Saturday and the time was right so hot footed it to the AD. Since putting my name down I'd tried on a number of alternatives (sub nodate, blnr, sm 300, speedy) but still not sure if the AirKing was "the one". When I got to the AD they had the new sm 600 with blue dial/bezel and black/orange. The AirKing was very comfortable on the wrist but didn't speak to me as much as the Omega. I might regret it in terms of resale value but I came away with the black and orange sm600, and I love it. Right amount of colour and the bracelet quality is fantastic, especially the micro adjustment.
    Maybe a GMT for the next significant birthday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Samcrow; 5th March 2017 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Samcrow View Post
    I'm new to the forum having joined to solicit your input on my next purchase. I currently have an Oris Aquis Red and a Black Bay red on the leather strap (most I've spent so far) along with a couple of kinetic seikos. I've got my name down for the new AirKing but I'm wondering if I should be looking at something else if I'm going to spend £4.5k. I've tried a speedy but wasn't comfortable on my wrist (too long). Tried seamaster 300 but looked very thick. Plant ocean seem too obvious and don't have the appeal they had for me 10 years ago.
    Also thinking perhaps I split the budget and buy a couple. Any experience of Christopher Ward?
    I've got a few months before the AK turns up so any suggestions would be welcome.
    Does it have to be new? You could probably pick up an older Airking for half that price and that'll leave you a budget for something else

Craftsman
    Personally I prefer the Explorer over the Air King. What about an Omega Aqua Terra, Railmaster or JLC Master Control?

From the thread, he has bought the Planet Ocean. Nice looking watch. Far better looking than the GMT version imo.

If they did an all black bezel GMT it would be a possible future purchase. But the expensive all black ceramic is the only GMT in the current Omega range that appeals, but who knows what Basel will bring.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...00m/deepblack/
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 5th March 2017 at 21:34.
    It's just a matter of time...

Sam, I'm amazed that you bought the (43.5mm) PO but thought that the (42mm) Speedmaster was too big?!

Personally I think you've done really well to buy the Seamaster, I think it's great. I actually sold my Speedmaster because I found it too small!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Does it have to be new? You could probably pick up an older Airking for half that price and that'll leave you a budget for something else
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Personally I prefer the Explorer over the Air King. What about an Omega Aqua Terra, Railmaster or JLC Master Control?
    What's the point of responding to a thread when you haven't read it?!

Simon

Apprentice
    The speedy was bigger lug to lug, this new PO sits nicely on the wrist and the shorter end links drop the bracelet closer to the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk