closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New bezel for midsize Seamaster Pro - any options?

Craftsman

New bezel for midsize Seamaster Pro - any options?

Hi all,

I have a Seamaster Pro 2562.80.00. This model:
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...artz/25628000/

Last year the bezel was a bit sticky and I took it off to clean it out. I bent it doing so (because I'm a cack-handed idiot)
    My question is though, does anyone know about getting replacement bezels? Now I've thought about it, I fancy a black one. Does anyone know if I can source this from Omega?
    If not, I'll get myself the shiny steel one like it had before.

Apologies if I'm not asking the appropriate people - I won't be able to get to an Omega dealer to ask until at least next weekend and I want to be proactive (or I'll never get round to fixing it)

Master
    Are you really saying you bent the bezel- wow
    Or the insert, if the aller afaik omega only sell them as a bezel/insert complete

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Hi all,

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...artz/25628000/

Last year the bezel was a bit sticky and I took it off to clean it out. I bent it doing so (because I'm a cack-handed idiot)
    My question is though, does anyone know about getting replacement bezels? Now I've thought about it, I fancy a black one. Does anyone know if I can source this from Omega?

Apologies if I'm not asking the appropriate people - I won't be able to get to an Omega dealer to ask until at least next weekend and I want to be proactive (or I'll never get round to fixing it)
    Sorry, can't help, you could try https://omegaforums.net/ if no result here.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Or the insert, if the aller afaik omega only sell them as a bezel/insert complete
    The bezel has a slight kink. Why "wow"?

As you have to buy the whole piece together, it unfortunately doesn't matter if the bezel is salvageable but the insert not :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    The bezel has a slight kink. Why "wow"?

As you have to buy the whole piece together, it unfortunately doesn't matter if the bezel is salvageable but the insert not :(

I think the wow is because the steel bezel is pretty hard to bend whereas the thin aluminium bezel insert is pretty easy to bend. There are some cheap and nasty replacement inserts available on ebay but they are not recommended since the quality isn't top draw. If you send the watch to STS they will swap it for about £250 fitted which is cheaper than the ~£300 those gouging gits at Cousins are asking for the bezels now. Possibly OSC would be a similar price via an Omega dealer, though I would always go STS over Swatch Southampton personally.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I think the wow is because the steel bezel is pretty hard to bend whereas the thin aluminium bezel insert is pretty easy to bend. There are some cheap and nasty replacement inserts available on ebay but they are not recommended since the quality isn't top draw. If you send the watch to STS they will swap it for about £250 fitted which is cheaper than the ~£300 those gouging gits at Cousins are asking for the bezels now. Possibly OSC would be a similar price via an Omega dealer, though I would always go STS over Swatch Southampton personally.

Thanks for that - this is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hear! I'll get in touch with STS.

The insert definitely got damaged. I think the bezel itself would probably go back on and rotate, but I've come to terms with having to buy the whole thing so I'm not going to waste time worrying about saving the bezel itself anyway.

Grand Master
    New bezel's the only answer if the bezel is sprained. These bezels are notoriously difficult to remove without a special tool to grip and twist the bezel, even then they can be difficult.

Sending it to STS is probably the best option. That's the reality of Swatch Group refusing to supply parts to wholesalers, I used to buy these bezels for around £185 in the good old days prior to 2015.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    New bezel's the only answer if the bezel is sprained. These bezels are notoriously difficult to remove without a special tool to grip and twist the bezel, even then they can be difficult.

Sending it to STS is probably the best option. That's the reality of Swatch Group refusing to supply parts to wholesalers, I used to buy these bezels for around £185 in the good old days prior to 2015.

Paul
    Thanks Paul, I assumed as much. I didn't think of going straight to STS though - I was going to go into Goldsmiths and ask them to sort it out.

I've sent STS an email asking for a price

Let's know the price, as I was contemplating changing one.

Hi all,

[/IMG]

Heh, around the exact time you posted this, Terry and I were getting fingerprints all over a Planet Ocean chrono and a pair of Seamaster 300s in the boutique in Glasgow. [/uninterestingcoincidence]

One ridiculously fat and two surprisingly too dainty.

Grand Master
    Thanks Paul, I assumed as much. I didn't think of going straight to STS though - I was going to go into Goldsmiths and ask them to sort it out.

I've sent STS an email asking for a price

Strongly advise phoning them and talking to Simon
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 6th March 2017 at 09:41.

Master
    Strongly advise phonong them and talking to Simon
    Yep I second this, why use a third party who will be tempted to add on their own fee. Speak with Simon and then send via RMSD direct to STS and they will return it the same way, job done. Or if you are in the South East, go in person, even better.

Blog Entries
    You could always use Omega Service Centre themselves. They will send out a pre-paid RMSD package to your home to post to them fully insured. Then give you a quote and you can track the progress of your watch through their website.

Just grabbed their details off the web. -

omegaservice@uk.swatchgroup.com

Craftsman
    Strongly advise phoning them and talking to Simon
    I've emailed and had an email back from Simon including a quote for the work. I'll reply to him later this afternoon when I'm at the PC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Yep I second this, why use a third party who will be tempted to add on their own fee. Speak with Simon and then send via RMSD direct to STS and they will return it the same way, job done. Or if you are in the South East, go in person, even better.
    Hi, thanks for the advice - this is the reason I started the thread - I wasn't sure who would be best. Simon's quote for the work seems very reasonable so I'll email back later. I've asked him to quote for some other bits and pieces at the same time so his quote is inclusive. I will find out the cost for the bezel alone when I send the watch/pay the bill

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I've had a think about this and maybe the bezel was bent already and that's why it was stiff? I'm not sure, truth be told. I bought the watch used

Grand Master
    If there's any dostortion to the bezel it'll cause stiffness. You can check for distortion byplacing the bezel on a flat surface. If it's on the watch you can check the clearance around the case, it should be even.

Even a new bezel can feel a bit stiff. The root cause of this problem is the bezel click spring; sometimes the protrusions that impinge on the underside of the bezel are angled too steeply and they impart too much pressure on the toothed underside. I've fiddled about with them to improve the bezel action in the past. Opinions vary as to how the bezel should be lubricated, originally they have a smear of white waterproof marine grease on them. Dirt will stick to the grease, Possibly a PTFE-based dry lubricant would be better. Best way to keep them free is to operate the bezel under water containing a trace of detergent.

Paul