closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spring bar help

Spring bar help

Hi guys.

Im ordering a few staps for a steinhart ocean one but wasnt sure about spring bars.
    I have found the leather and nato straps i am going to purchase from cousins, the problem is im unsure on the correct springbars for the job, with me being a bit of a rookie i was hoping one of the lovely chaps on this forum may be able to help me out.
    Regarding the nato should i be buying the single shoulder spring bars? I seen a comment on another post stating a nato caused a spring bar failure and it would have been less likely to happen with single shouldered bars.

Regarding the leather strap would i just use the double flanged (non swiss) spring bars?

Im sure to most of you guys this is a stupid question so i apologise for not being the brightest. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

If the watch has drilled lugs then this type of spring bar is ideal for use with a NATO.

While not everyone buys into the idea, it's suggested that the flanges on a spring bar can be tugged by a NATO and cause the bar to come loose. This type of spring bar should eliminate that possibility. If the watch doesn't have drilled lugs, you can still use this type of bar, but you will have to 'snip' the bar out with cutters of some sort.

For a leather strap the regular spring bars with flanges are fine to use.

Spring bars from Cousins are fine. I'va also had good experiences from this seller on eBay.

Grand Master
    Agree with above comments. The ones from Cousins are fine, unfortunately you have to order around 20 or 25.

They come in two or three thicknesses, always use the thickest you can.

Paul

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your help.

I dont mind buying packs of 10 or whatever they come in, i would rather have plenty of spares than have none when i need them.

Il check out that ebay seller now, ive always been cautious buying off ebay but if you had good experience with the seller i cant see why i wouldnt.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by antojohno; 7th March 2017 at 15:58.

I was after spring bars wanting good quality from a known seller. This company was recommended and the spring bars and service were spot on. Incidentally I bought the shoulderless bars for use with a nato strap.
    No connection with the company just a satisfied customer.

Cheers

https://www.hswalsh.com/categories/w...s-and-fittings

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    I was after spring bars wanting good quality from a known seller. This company was recommended and the spring bars and service were spot on. Incidentally I bought the shoulderless bars for use with a nato strap.
    No connection with the company just a satisfied customer.

Cheers

https://www.hswalsh.com/categories/w...s-and-fittings
    Thanks mate. Il pop on there and have a look once i get off work.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    If the watch has drilled lugs then this type of spring bar is ideal for use with a NATO.

While not everyone buys into the idea, it's suggested that the flanges on a spring bar can be tugged by a NATO and cause the bar to come loose. This type of spring bar should eliminate that possibility. If the watch doesn't have drilled lugs, you can still use this type of bar, but you will have to 'snip' the bar out with cutters of some sort.

For a leather strap the regular spring bars with flanges are fine to use.

Spring bars from Cousins are fine. I'va also had good experiences from this seller on eBay.
    If you put a watch on a NATO using flanged springbars, take the watch of your wrist and gently 'scrunch' the strap away from the inside of the lugs, it is scarily easy to pop the springbar out, or even both simultaneously!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk