closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used Rolex Sea-Dweller advice needed

Hybrid View

Who's inhouse watchmaker?

Get it back within the 14 days IMO, I can't see them being able to fit a genuine crystal.

I'd want to see it on a timing machine to check beat error and amplitude if it hadn't been to Rolex or Rolex approved for it's service.

If they've misled you about the crystal who's to say they didn't just put it through a swish 'n' dunk service and stick it back together with the old seals.

Master
    Those lugs don't look acceptable to me. They are too rounded for a watch of that age. Prices are down on these, at least over here, and you could do much better for ~$5,400.

Get your money back pronto - there are plenty of fish in the Sea, lots of choice out there. Rolex would charge more than £500 for the service and repairs, the crystal alone will be close to £200 (its ten years since mine was done and then it was £100) - you want genuine parts not after market, its just not worth the hassle and if it was me it would be gone!
    Keith

Craftsman
    I've been offered an exchange as they've just acquired another identical sea dweller or a full refund with free return.
    I can inspect the other watch in the branch before exchanging, so maybe it's worth another shot, I'm waiting for the pictures and details now.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been offered an exchange as they've just acquired another identical sea dweller or a full refund with free return.
    I can inspect the other watch in the branch before exchanging, so maybe it's worth another shot, I'm waiting for the pictures and details now.

Get your money back pronto - there are plenty of fish in the Sea, lots of choice out there. Rolex would charge more than £500 for the service and repairs, the crystal alone will be close to £200 (its ten years since mine was done and then it was £100) - you want genuine parts not after market, its just not worth the hassle and if it was me it would be gone!
    Keith