closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC Reverso Tribute Duo Moon

JLC Reverso Tribute Duo Moon

I had the wonderful chance to view some of the new watches that JLC are releasing, and one of them is the Reverso Tribute Duo Moon. I love the details on it: silver pebbled dial, hand hammered moon and blue dauphine hands. I am now very tempted to get it, but just not sure about the size. The case at 49.4mm lug to lug makes it rather large for a Reverso, though it is still comfortable thanks to the new curved case back profile, even on my 6.5inch wrist. In comparison I felt the tribute duo was too small and seemed rather dainty. Now I can't quite make up my mind about it.

Any opinions on the size and watch?

Verso side

One more shot from a bit further back, you can see that the lugs just about avoid any overhang.

Bonus shot of some of the other new models.

Last edited by Apersonofsorts; 20th March 2017 at 18:55. Reason: Accidentally posted

It's big!

Master
    It look enormous, but buy what you like. That's the way it is for small wrist guys like us.

I like the Reversos, and can see one of them on the acquisition list at some point. The art deco style ticks a lot of boxes for me, and I do like complications so this should really be getting a thumbs up. But, it just isn't I'm afraid.. it does look a bit on the big side (I have 6.75" wrists so similar to yours) and I have to say I don't like the hands on that one, particularly on the reverse. I think all the Reversos I've seen up till now have had slender hands and that triangular style doesn't work for me at all. YMMV.

Cheers,

Plug

Yeah its big but i like it .

Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    I like the Reversos, and can see one of them on the acquisition list at some point. The art deco style ticks a lot of boxes for me, and I do like complications so this should really be getting a thumbs up. But, it just isn't I'm afraid.. it does look a bit on the big side (I have 6.75" wrists so similar to yours) and I have to say I don't like the hands on that one, particularly on the reverse. I think all the Reversos I've seen up till now have had slender hands and that triangular style doesn't work for me at all. YMMV.

Cheers,

Plug
    +1
    The triangle hands and larger hour markers don't quite make it work for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm after a Reverso right now, but think they need to be teeny in order to work (see my thread). If they're even a little too big, to me they end up looking like a Fitbit.

Journeyman
    Reverso is very much on my want list. It is probably years away mind. Great watches with a unique look. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I'm after a Reverso right now, but think they need to be teeny in order to work (see my thread). If they're even a little too big, to me they end up looking like a Fitbit.
    I totally agree. I adore the tribute to 1931 but just waaaay too big on my 6.5 inch wrist. I was crushed when I tried it on. Gotta be < 43mm in length for me. The classique works as does the medium grand talle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried on this particular Reverso or seen it in person yet but I've tried on a 976 (which is the same 49mm size) in the past and felt it was too big for me, the 46.8mm of my Grande Ultrathin Duo is the right size for me.

I like the front dial...but it should have sword hands not Dauphine hands which just look wrong though not as bad as on the Tribute Duo. The other dial is utterly ruined by the wheel of fortune spinner...and the little triangle pointer which looks entirely out of place. I'm also not very keen on the colour of it either

General consensus seems to be that it is on the large side, and some mixed opinion on the styling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    I totally agree. I adore the tribute to 1931 but just waaaay too big on my 6.5 inch wrist. I was crushed when I tried it on. Gotta be < 43mm in length for me. The classique works as does the medium grand talle.
    Similar experience, I liked the other grande tributes as well but because of the flat case it doesn't sit well on the wrist. With the curved case on some of the newer models I find the they fit much better on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I have tried the tribute duo that you mention on your thread quite a few times and though I have been tempted to get it each time, the size made it feel too dainty and had more of a formal look to it which makes it harder to wear on a regular basis since my office is more casual.

Hopefully they release a tribute around 46mm with the new case shape, that would be perfect to me. I'll probably hold out until then, they always seem to release new models every year the right one is bound to come along sometime.

In the meantime before I got swayed by the Reverso I had my eye on getting a vintage Rolex GMT 16750, might stick with it and find a good one. Though the Reverso Duo's dual time function is a much cooler way of getting two time zones.