closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prefer my Black Bay to my SubC at the moment.

Craftsman

Prefer my Black Bay to my SubC at the moment.

I know it's heresy for most Rolex lovers but I've much preferred wearing my Black Bay to my SubC in the last few days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tswatch66; 30th March 2017 at 16:37.

That's perfectly acceptable k except for the fact that it is heresy and not herecy:-)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That's perfectly acceptable k except for the fact that it is heresy and not herecy:-)
    Never been the greatest speller! Noted and corrected

Last edited by tswatch66; 30th March 2017 at 17:31.

Craftsman
    Same here at the moment,I just wish the Tudor had an expansion link in the bracelet, Rolex got it very right with that one and so they always end up as the holiday watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Acceptable k?

Craftsman
    What's the reason ?

Journeyman
    My black bay says hello.

Interesting how it still wears similar to the smaller sub c or GMT 2c even though it is bigger. I think it's because the case back is so thin.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Lawbreaker5000 View Post
    What's the reason ?
    Love the rose gold in the dial, snowflake hands and the overall feel seems more fun to the somewhat austere SubC atm. If it had the same glide lock clasp as in the Pelagos or sub it would be perfect. But I'm still enjoying it more than the sub right now.

Last edited by tswatch66; 30th March 2017 at 21:12.

Craftsman
    Yeah the pelagos is awesome.

I got rid of mine as it was too similar to my sub.

Been toying with the idea of a blue one.

The black bay is awesome I just don't like the minute/hour markers personally.

Craftsman
    It is a very beautiful watch with lots of character. I prefer the looks of the ETA one you have over the newer in-house one, just the snowflake hour hand is not for me. However, once I get over it I will be happy to own one :-)

I've worn my SubC for four days running now and that's unusual. Last week there were days when I preferred a Sinn (556) and a Seiko (Samurai). If I had a Black Bay (and I've come close) I'm sure there would be days when I'd prefer it.

Banned
    Your probably like me and rotate my collection on a daily basis . I own a pelagos and a seadweller and change them almost on a daily basis

Seikoboy

Craftsman
    Quality wise (apart from the metal used) how would you compare the two brands' divers watches?
    After holding both BB and pre ceramic Sub (also SubC, but that one has a ceramic bezel in addition) couldn't find many differences. Guess they can be discovered with daily use.

I feel similar to the OP between my Black Bay Blue (ETA) and a Sub 14060. I just find that Sub a little bit bland sometimes. Maybe I'd feel differently with a SubC or an SDc. The ND Sub I have seems to lack a bit of character sometimes for me. I think that's why I'm liking the idea of this new SD from Basel. The pop of red on the dial seems to elevate the interest on that watch.

Anyway my BBB gets more wrist time for sure.

Journeyman
    While I otherwise really like the Black Bay, I find it a tad too thick and large for daily wear. The mirror-polished slab sides really make it seem bigger than it is. On the fabric strap, I find the watch to be almost right, but with the heavy 22mm bracelet, it's just somewhat massive.

Have to agree that the dial looks better than the newer maxi sub's. The Sub-C just seems a bit off for some reason compared to the old models.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffon.bj View Post
    While I otherwise really like the Black Bay, I find it a tad too thick and large for daily wear. The mirror-polished slab sides really make it seem bigger than it is. On the fabric strap, I find the watch to be almost right, but with the heavy 22mm bracelet, it's just somewhat massive.

Have to agree that the dial looks better than the newer maxi sub's. The Sub-C just seems a bit off for some reason compared to the old models.
    Mine gets a lot of wear time - I have it on a leather strap and it wears really well.

Fantastic watch.

I tried mine on the textile strap for a bit but as it's black, it just makes the whole watch seem too dark and dull. Back on the bracelet now, I'm much happier and think because of the thickness of the watch and the lug gaps, it's a bracelet watch.

I know you can get the after market end pieces but for me that doesn't suit the vintage vibe whereas it looks fine on the Pelagos.

Apprentice
    I love my BBR ETA on leather which I've had for over a year. I tried a sub nd when looking for my next purchase a couple of months ago but I actually preferred the Tudor. I know the sub is the icon, and for me the GMT blnr remains the grail, but my BBR had more visual appeal. I did however like the adjustable bracelet on the sub which was a factor in my decision to get the new planet ocean 600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Here is mine, great watch but have no chances vs mine SubC date...
    Probably it will need to go on...

Master
    I went for leather as it is very sub-a-like on bracelet. Tried it on the fabric but the watch is a bit too thick and looks unbalanced on my girly wrists. Looks best on the leather IMO.

Have got a WatchGecko rubber NATO for hols....

They're very smart watches IMO, and at a point where Rolexes used to be with regard to pricing perhaps... Definitely no heresy in my opinion (as a Rolex fan), Tudor is all part of the really interesting (to me at least) Rolex story.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    I went for leather as it is very sub-a-like on bracelet. Tried it on the fabric but the watch is a bit too thick and looks unbalanced on my girly wrists. Looks best on the leather IMO.

Have got a WatchGecko rubber NATO for hols....

Nice pics

tried mine on the other strap it comes with not a fan, tried it on this strap for a while, now back on the bracket for the time being.

Master
    I really like the look of the BBB and was of a mind to buy one, even being offered an excellent price for one new by someone here. Tried one on before pulling the trigger (on a leather deployant) and just felt the watch head was too big and the strap poor quality and generally plasticky. I absolutely love the aesthetic qualities, but for me those two things in combination stopped me buying one. Maybe on a bracelet I'd've felt differently?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    I really like the look of the BBB and was of a mind to buy one, even being offered an excellent price for one new by someone here. Tried one on before pulling the trigger (on a leather deployant) and just felt the watch head was too big and the strap poor quality and generally plasticky. I absolutely love the aesthetic qualities, but for me those two things in combination stopped me buying one. Maybe on a bracelet I'd've felt differently?
    I suspect you would like it on the bracelet. I've tried a few combos but always come back to the metal. Nice quality too and stands up to the SubC (except for the clasp as previously mentioned).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    I suspect you would like it on the bracelet. I've tried a few combos but always come back to the metal. Nice quality too and stands up to the SubC (except for the clasp as previously mentioned).

I suspect you're right. An itch I'll have to scratch one day I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post

I've come to the same conclusion. I've flirted with all kinds of Nato's and straps but always come back to the bracelet sooner or later.