closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is a week a long time to wear one watch

Apprentice

Is a week a long time to wear one watch

Although my Tudor black bay has been a great partner this last week I find myself looking forward to getting home and wearing something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that I wear some watches a lot more than I do others in my collection but it's probably not uncommon in general to change after a few days, let alone a week.

If I wear a watch for a week straight I'm definitely ready for a change. Sometimes this is true after one day & like others on here on occasion I'll change my watch once or more on the same day.

Master
    I wear my watches 24/7 feel naked with them out I used to wear them for a few days. My routine currently is to wear one in the morning, then after work will I switch. If I am going out for the evening will change again. Lastly before offing to bed my most luminous watch gets placed on my wrist.

Master
    I would often change watch after a day or two. Off to the coast for the Easter holidays on Monday and will be in the sea a lot. Can only take one so will be my dsssd blue.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Due to my job I wear my work watch 4 days a week (old SKX) and on the other 3 days I really look forward to switching to another watch.

I have been trying to wear one watch Monday-Friday then change on the weekends.

Craftsman
    I wore my Black Bay full time last week but have moved to rotation now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I normally change watches once a week (Monday typically), on rotation for my current favourites but will occasionally wear for longer or put on a particular watch for an occasion.

I depends entirely on my mood and what is going on in my life. Sometimes I wear a particular piece for weeks, day and night. At other times I might change daily. When something is new (well to me anyway) there is more of a chance of it being worn for longer - which is the same as most I would guess.

The longest I can go wearing the same watch is probably two or three days. But I try not to do it too often!

I wear one watch when I'm working and another for the rest of the time. I have a third watch for evenings out.

The others just stay in the watchbox and don't really get worn any more.

Is a week a long time to wear one watch?

No.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I wear one watch when I'm working and another for the rest of the time. I have a third watch for evenings out.

The others just stay in the watchbox and don't really get worn any more.
    That being said, could you live with just 3 watches then or do you rotate all your collection? I have the crappiest collection with very uninspiring models, however, I still rotate them.

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    That being said, could you live with just 3 watches then or do you rotate all your collection? I have the crappiest collection with very uninspiring models, however, I still rotate them.
    Tag Kirium chronograph when I'm working, Rolex GMT when I'm not and GS Quartz for evenings out.

The others may get a day or two occasionally but not often and not in any kind of rotation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Tag Kirium chronograph when I'm working, Rolex GMT when I'm not and GS Quartz for evenings out.

The others may get a day or two occasionally but not often and not in any kind of rotation.
    Ok so at least you wear them and enjoy them although, the GMT would be my go to everyday watch if I was fortunate enough to own one. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Ok so at least you wear them and enjoy them although, the GMT would be my go to everyday watch if I was fortunate enough to own one. Very nice.
    It's the cheapest watch I own. I paid £3.5k for it and it's worth at least a grand more now so it's well worth getting one if you can. That applies to almost any sport Rolex.

I was chatting with a seventh year old guy who has a DJ that's "too precious" for him to wear. I told him that every day he doesn't wear it is a day less that he can enjoy wearing it. I'm only in my fifties but look at it the same way; as the kids would say, "YOLO"!

Craftsman
    if I just acquired a watch and really like it, I will wear it for a couple of weeks. Other than that, 3-4 days, then I usually make a change

Journeyman
    I sometimes wear the same watch for a while, can be weeks or even months as I work away. When I do put on another watch it always feels new.

Hopefully when work calms down and I'm in one place will rotate more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like to wear my autos for a few weeks at a time to give them a decent run after adjusting them. Then get a urge to swap for another. I've one nice quartz that I mainly use for special occasions.

Re: It's the cheapest watch I own. I paid £3.5k for it and it's worth at least a grand more now so it's well worth getting one if you can. That applies to almost any sport Rolex.

Am I missing something here?
    Am sure you are talking about your Rolex GMT but is that cheaper than a Tag Quartz Chrono??

Craftsman
    Not at all. Even James Cameron has worn his Sub for most of his life.

I usually switch to a different watch every day but they can (rarely) stay on for a few days if I can't be bothered or if it's a new piece I'm particularly enamoured with. On weekends I will often switch during the day at some point or for something dressy if going out. For holidays or business travel I'll often just take 1 watch and wear that for the duration.

For weirdos like us, yes generally.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMad View Post
    I normally change watches once a week (Monday typically), on rotation for my current favourites but will occasionally wear for longer or put on a particular watch for an occasion.
    This is the same for me, though my change over day is Saturday, I've been wearing my BBN now for two weeks though as I was working all over the weekend and didn't get around to swapping.

Master
    During the week I wear one for 2-3 days and another for the remainder of the week. I think of most of my watches as being for the working week, where they won't be damaged, while one or two others are weekend watches that will rarely if ever see action Monday-Friday. Though I have an old Speedy Pro that can sit in either camp depending on which strap I have fitted (gasgasbones for weekends, cordovan for the office).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Usually one for the working week, in my case a U1
    Weekends is either a BFK or a Tuna.
    Evenings out and special occasions Explorer 1 or SeaMaster.

So why do I have a stack of others that never get worn?

Personally, I change at rather random intervals; rarely more than a week or perhaps 8 days, but often after 2 or 3. If I keep one watch on the go for too long, I start to feel guilty for not giving my other watches their day in the sun!

I'll change 2-3 times a day most days. But was finding it was the and 3 watches each day so trying harder now to incorporate others into the fold.

Got a holiday in may so starting to plan for that. I was hoping to have my sub for then but struggling to find one that is what I want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Typically 2-3 days maximum for me, and then need a change. Went on holiday for a week and only took one watch, and was well ready for a change when I got back!

I typically wear a different watch each day, and from time to time change it for an evening out. Occasionally I wear the same watch for a couple of days, but other than business trips away or holidays, a week would be a long time for me.

If I'm away on business I normally take two watches and alternate them.

The last time I wore a single watch for a complete week it was deliberate - we spent a week in Switzerland on holiday and I deliberately wore my Breitling Aerospace Avantage the whole time as I wanted to decide if I really liked it or not... it worked. I realised I didn't like it, came home and sold it.

Simon

Apprentice
    I'm the complete opposite, never rotate and when I get bored I sell

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app