closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New strap

New strap

This grey calf leather strap was £3.50 on eBay!! Worth a gamble and I'm really happy with it. I really like the original Longines strap on this watch and have tried lots of others out of interest but I usually find them too thick, making them uncomfortable and too proud of the lugs.

Just thought I'd share because nobody at home really is interested!!

Thanks, I'm interested!

I've been thinking about a grey strap, browsed loads on various sites, just not sure how it would look on the watch I have in mind. Who is the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Thanks, I'm interested!

I've been thinking about a grey strap, browsed loads on various sites, just not sure how it would look on the watch I have in mind. Who is the seller?
    I forgot that, didn't I!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1221638780...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not bad considering it comes with a buckle (even though I changed it). The pins it comes with are of poor quality, though.

Cheers

It does look good! :-)

Master
    It works v well. Very.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I forgot that, didn't I!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1221638780...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not bad considering it comes with a buckle (even though I changed it). The pins it comes with are of poor quality, though.

Cheers
    Thanks - on its way!

Thanks for the comments folks I knew I could rely on the internet for vindication.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Thanks - on its way!
    Great - what are you putting it on? Or, should that be putting on it?

I have recently bought a brand new Longines strap to keep in new condition as one day I'll pass this down. The other Longines straps have lasted about four years each and are by all accounts still OK but there's some tearing by the eyelet. I've had this watch for 8 years now and still love it.

This £3.50 strap makes me wonder why I sometimes spend £100+ on them... leather is leather, right? (carefully checks watch is still attached to wrist)

Journeyman
    Nice! That's a steal!

Apprentice
    Great looking strap and it really suits the watch perfectly. Congrats! I like the idea of passing down a future NOS strap too, lovely idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for the comments folks I knew I could rely on the internet for vindication.

I have recently bought a brand new Longines strap to keep in new condition as one day I'll pass this down. The other Longines straps have lasted about four years each and are by all accounts still OK but there's some tearing by the eyelet. I've had this watch for 8 years now and still love it.

This £3.50 strap makes me wonder why I sometimes spend £100+ on them... leather is leather, right? (carefully checks watch is still attached to wrist)
    No, it's not right.
    Sorry to be pain but You've got exactly what You paid for. Poor quality strap, made of poor quality leather.
    Even though it looks ok on the picture, when is brand new, after a couple of weeks You will see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav79 View Post
    No, it's not right.
    Sorry to be pain but You've got exactly what You paid for. Poor quality strap, made of poor quality leather.
    Even though it looks ok on the picture, when is brand new, after a couple of weeks You will see the difference.
    Have you seen it in person?! Ok I know all leathers are not created equal but the stitching etc looks pretty good. I'll let you know how it fares over time but at least I now know a grey strap looks good.

Craftsman
    Have you seen it in person?! Ok I know all leathers are not created equal but the stitching etc looks pretty good. I'll let you know how it fares over time but at least I now know a grey strap looks good.
    Didn't see this particular strap but have seen a lot of cheap straps and any of them was great.
    I'm really hope Your strap will stay ok for a long time and You will be pleased with it for a long time but I'm kind of leather freak and for me comparison: "leather is leather" is breaking my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav79 View Post
    Didn't see this particular strap but have seen a lot of cheap straps and any of them was great.
    I'm really hope Your strap will stay ok for a long time and You will be pleased with it for a long time but I'm kind of leather freak and for me comparison: "leather is leather" is breaking my heart.
    Yeah to be honest I love leather too, being a purveyor of leather bags and camera straps. If this one falls apart I'll be looking for one exactl the same look but better quality so let me know if you know of any. I did see a nice suede one but kinda liking the flat grey. Matches the interior of my car, too!

Cheers buddy have a nice weekend 👍🏻

It's arrived and I think it looks great, just a personal view of course.

To Pav's point I'm pretty sure it isn't leather, just leather effect, but for £3.50 I don't mind that at all. Thanks to the OP for the tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk