closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aftermarket Jubilee and Oyster Bracelets

Master

Aftermarket Jubilee and Oyster Bracelets

With apologies if this has been covered off before but can anybody recommend a supplier of Oyster and Jubilee style bracelets?I spotted that Watch Gecko got good reviews but wondered if there were any other highly regarded out there.
    Cheers
    Mark

Strapcode ones are decent quality.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Not sure if strapcode do them but people tend to speak highly of their bracelets

Strapcode are very nice quality

Master
    Another vote for strapcode, got this one for my Seiko Turtle.

Master
    Thanks for asking this, Mark, I was wondering the same thing myself. Will check out Strapcode

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    One would hope you wouldn't fit an aftermarket strap on a Rolex or Tudor. Like drawing a mustache on Monroe's nudie pics.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    One would hope you wouldn't fit an aftermarket strap on a Rolex or Tudor. Like drawing a mustache on Monroe's nudie pics.
    it's for an incoming Heuer Diver where the original Jubilee bi metal bracelet is likely to run a little short. I've seen some images from Heuerville where he put a 1000 diver series on an aftermarket Oyster and it looks the business. The orignal quite fragile bi-metal bracelet will literally be wrapped in cotton wool and kept nice and safe.

Thanks for all the help. Is Strapcode a Yank site? They always amaze me how over detailed and intricately busy small American business Websites are. A clever European Web designer could make a fortune in the States I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Surely an after market bracelet would be a good idea for an older worn Rolex, especially a jubilee.
    Keep the original tucked away for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Surely an after market bracelet would be a good idea for an older worn Rolex, especially a jubilee.
    That notion has crossed my mind.

Master
    I too am on the lookout for a decent quality oyster style bracelet for my Speedmaster. Quite honestly I dont want to fork out crazy money for a 1039 or slightly less crazy money for a 1171. I just would like a nice quality bracelet with similar looks to OEM as an alternative to leather.

From what it looks like the strap code items dont taper like a Rolex or Omega bracelet does and a lot of the aftermarket bracelets seem to be extremely chunky with large and cumbersome clasps etc which just does not suit a Sub or Speedy in my opinion.
    Last edited by Slevin Kelevra; 17th April 2017 at 21:32.

Craftsman
    Just received my strapcode Super Oyster. Great quality with link screws making it a breeze to alter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Just received my strapcode Super Oyster. Great quality with link screws making it a breeze to alter.

Would you mind sharing any pictures? How much doees it taper at the clasp? 20mm at the lugs to 18mm or 16mm at the clasp?

Also, how bulky is it compared with a Rolex Oyster 93150 or Omega 1171. A big bulky bracelet would certainly suit a diver like a Seiko etc but would just look out of place on a Submariner or Speedmaster etc.

Thanks

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    +1.......common sense should always prevail.

Paul

Master
    Just a quick question and also thanks once again for the feedback. A lot of the Strapcode stuff is advertised as a perfect fit for Seiko models. I wondered if the curved end bracelet link is fairly universal? The watch I'm purchasing is a Heuer 1000 series with a Monin care I believe. I suspect it will fit well but didn't want to spend out and find it doesn't fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Just a quick question and also thanks once again for the feedback. A lot of the Strapcode stuff is advertised as a perfect fit for Seiko models. I wondered if the curved end bracelet link is fairly universal? The watch I'm purchasing is a Heuer 1000 series with a Monin case I believe. I suspect it will fit well but didn't want to spend out and find it doesn't fit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Would you mind sharing any pictures? How much doees it taper at the clasp? 20mm at the lugs to 18mm or 16mm at the clasp?

Also, how bulky is it compared with a Rolex Oyster 93150 or Omega 1171. A big bulky bracelet would certainly suit a diver like a Seiko etc but would just look out of place on a Submariner or Speedmaster etc.

Thanks
    No problem. It tapers down to 18mm. Worn for a day and pretty happy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Just a quick question and also thanks once again for the feedback. A lot of the Strapcode stuff is advertised as a perfect fit for Seiko models. I wondered if the curved end bracelet link is fairly universal? The watch I'm purchasing is a Heuer 1000 series with a Monin care I believe. I suspect it will fit well but didn't want to spend out and find it doesn't fit.

- - - Updated - - -
    My experience is that you need to be very lucky for any aftermarket bracelet to fit, usually the lug holes are incorrectly positioned and SEL's need serious work to get them to work (often not even possible) good luck though

You'll need to do a lot of research depending on your specific model. A Seiko curved end link is not generic and is unlikely to fit anything of a similar lug width. Thankfully, you're usually not the first to try this so have a look online and there'll normally be forums full of research on the topic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No problem. It tapers down to 18mm. Worn for a day and pretty happy so far.

Thanks!

Craftsman
    The tinny rattly endlinks on my original SKX007 jubilee are getting too lose for them to not stray past the lugs when worn and I can't get a proper fit. So now I've ordered a Strapcode Angus jubilee replacement for it. I somewhat prefer the look of the older strapcode super jubilee but not the fixed protruding centerlink part of the solid end links on it. I hope the Angus jubilee won't overpower me or the SKX007!

Does anyone know what size screwdriver is needed for the link screws in the Angus jubilee? I have a faint memory of reading 1.6 mm somewhere but I can't seem to find it again.

Cheers
    Casper

Craftsman
    I had to do a fair bit of filing to get my strapcode oyster to fit my turtle. Was nice quality though.

Journeyman
    I looked around to upgrade the flimsy original bracelet on my Pogue, and ended up getting one from Uncle Seiko.
    It is well made, fits OK, price OK.