closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no date sub

I bought one today. I have wanted one for years, nearly bought a 5513 on a few occasions, but in recent times have been taken with the four line 14060m. Never really been a fan of the bigger case and ceramic insert on the latest model.

Anyway, Haywood had a four liner in stock, so I bought it today.

Craftsman
    Congratulations - Great choice. Simply elegant. I have one also - and have to find reasons not to wear it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I bought one today. I have wanted one for years, nearly bought a 5513 on a few occasions, but in recent times have been taken with the four line 14060m. Never really been a fan of the bigger case and ceramic insert on the latest model.

Anyway, Haywood had a four liner in stock, so I bought it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Congratulations - Great choice. Simply elegant. I have one also - and have to find reasons not to wear it every day.
    Thanks. I appreciate that it is all down to personal choice, but I had read reviews that it was one of the last classic Submariners using the same case and dimensions that have been used for decades. The newer model is obviously chunkier and some people want the ceramic insert. I had a choice between this and a Seadweller 16600, which was great - but between the two the Sub edged it for me.

I suspect (only a personal opinion) that the Sub may be due for an upgrade at a future Baselworld and hopefully the previous models, just like the Daytona and SD before it, will really take off. You heard it here first, guy who bought a discontinued Sub predicts that is where to put your money

Grand Master
    Thanks. I appreciate that it is all down to personal choice, but I had read reviews that it was one of the last classic Submariners using the same case and dimensions that have been used for decades. The newer model is obviously chunkier and some people want the ceramic insert. I had a choice between this and a Seadweller 16600, which was great - but between the two the Sub edged it for me.

I suspect (only a personal opinion) that the Sub may be due for an upgrade at a future Baselworld and hopefully the previous models, just like the Daytona and SD before it, will really take off. You heard it here first, guy who bought a discontinued Sub predicts that is where to put your money
    As with the Explorer II, i prefer the older smaller case.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    This one is growing on me too. The dial just looks so clean.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It's a real grower, I was certain I want DJ with a jubilee but the no date sub just keeps sticking in my head

Apprentice
    all about that symmetry!!

Pre ceramic in any iteration; is the way to go as far as I am concerned. All have their attractions though.

Craftsman
    I'd echo the opinions regarding the pre ceramic. Such a great combination of iconic tool look and modern twist beneath.

I like the SubC as well, just too shiny and disproportionate, but also think Baselworld 2018 will have its saying about that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    One over on SC right now
    They are selling faster than the newest iPhones :-D

I think the subC is incredible and somehow fits my ordinary wrist quite well, sod everyone else ;)

I do think people have got a bit carried away with the maxicase hatred, yes we all have a preference but I dont think its as bad as everyone says

Anyway love mine...

No cyclops no cry

The sub should sit better on your wrist due to shallower case, so for pure aesthetics - you have bought the right one.

I must admit - to preferring the non-date, after a work-colleague bought one, although they are perhaps not so popular due I think - to them being less 'obvious'. Witness the number of the wide-case Rolex out there - People seem to be in love with a watch that 'shouts' Rolex.

Enjoy the watch - I'm sure you will

Al

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The sub should sit better on your wrist due to shallower case, so for pure aesthetics - you have bought the right one.

I must admit - to preferring the non-date, after a work-colleague bought one, although they are perhaps not so popular due I think - to them being less 'obvious'. Witness the number of the wide-case Rolex out there - People seem to be in love with a watch that 'shouts' Rolex.

Enjoy the watch - I'm sure you will

Al
    Thanks Al, it seems odd that the Submariner date with cyclops does get most of the attention. If we go back to 1953 through until about 1969 the Submariner did not have a date function, it was only when the first Red Sub 1680 came out that they were introduced.

I basically regard mine as a modern day 5512.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    Here you go sir...
    I've only had mine for a few weeks and I must say it really is an outstanding watch. I've previously worn Omega, breitling, Panerai but this just feels special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love that strap! Do you mind me asking where you got that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk