closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: War over @ the Doxa forum on WUS

Re: War over @ the Doxa forum on WUS

I saw that post, if I remember it was asking how many times one forum member said the word.

I think I said the word turd once. I was in third or fourth grade.

Still cannot believe someone would count that though.

Not to 'bash' another forum but you just can't help picking up on the 'simpleton vibe' over at wus sometimes. I have a sneaky feeling that more than a few villages are missing their idiots... :bigsmurf:

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73

I chuckled today when the mad-dog moderator of the Dive Watch forum (the most blatantly bonkers of the lot, IMO, and trigger-happy to the point where I can easily imagine him bursting into a Macdonalds and massacring dozens)
    :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by X-stacy
    Not to 'bash' another forum but you just can't help picking up on the 'simpleton vibe' over at wus sometimes. I have a sneaky feeling that more than a few villages are missing their idiots... :bigsmurf:
    That's fighting talk where I come from. I'll see you in the car park of the Barley Mow at six.

(writes cretinous off-duty WUS Moderator)

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by John Vargas
    [size=130]

I chuckled today when the mad-dog moderator of the Dive Watch forum (the most blatantly bonkers of the lot, IMO, and trigger-happy to the point where I can easily imagine him bursting into a Macdonalds and massacring dozens) started a thread on there entitled "The word turd". I shit you not (no pun intended).

Did you see when the same moderator locked the thread on the discussion of the dollar's value plummet? I think it was over his head and he was lost when they were doing basic ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford
    ...... the ostrich approach: their choice but one that doesn't seem to have worked, so far.

Go away!

john
    Every watch a story.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

I find it difficult to believe that anyone, having read this, would actually want to post on the 'Official Doxa forum', that said, it's an apologists nirvannah :?

It also has the most comprehensive 'get out' clause I have ever read.

Welcome to the official DOXA Forum.

Before you start, however, you must read these rules and guidelines:

DOXA watches LTD welcomes your participation in our official DOXA Forum. This is a moderated forum and is operated and monitored by DOXA watches LTD. This forum offers you the chance to interact with others who share the same passion (wrist watches especially DOXA watches), with the manufacturer and their staff and with other DOXA Forum members. In order to make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible please take your time to read through this document.

The following rules can be changed without prior notice though usually we announce changes via announcement the forum.

We ask that you Post with respect for all players - the moderator, operator and administrator of the forum, fellow forum members and DOXA Watches LTD as a manufacturer and a forum member as well. This is a community. So, when you post, we encourage you to tell your fellow community members a little about who you are - not just an e-mail address, but a bit of a bio. It enriches the discussion to know who's "behind the post."

In order to keep this forum enjoyable and interesting for all of members, we ask simply that you follow these minimal rules. By participating in the Discussion forum, you are consenting to these rules. Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or banned from the forum at the sole discretion of the DOXA watches LTD staff.

Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow members. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, insults and “flaming” are not tolerated. Disagreeing with an idea is different from attacking another member or the manufacturer.
    VERY IMPORTANT POINT HERE!

Please do not post any inquiries about billing, repair, service or delivery issues at this forum, postings with these topics are not handled by the DOXA staff operating this forum, please note that you can contact DOXA service department directly at service@doxawatches.com or billing department at billing@doxawatches.com . If you experience any troubles contacting DOXA by email or if your email stays unanswered for longer than 10 business days, we assume that our email security Spamfilter is not letting your email through, in this case please use the contact form at http://www.doxawatches.com/contact.htm, to contact DOXA watches LTD.

No linking to live auctions. Linking to a live auction really is a double edged sword. You may get the information you need, but you're only hurting your chance of getting a good deal in the end. More over, if you have no interest in the item yourself, you have possibly hurt someone else's chance of getting a good deal. Exceptions: links to incorrect, misleading or fraudulent auctions are permitted provided that the sole intention is to warn other members. Also links to historically significant items are allowed for informational and discussion purposes. These can be deleted at the moderators discretion if they feel the item does not fall under this classification. If you want to alert other members about a particular item for sale you can mention the sale and the site but you cannot put a link in the post.

DOXA watches LTD and its moderators reserve the right to delete posts and/or whole conversations we determine are of an irrelevant, aggressive, abusive, offensive or disruptive nature. Postings containing incorrect details or misleading information about a member, product or the manufacturer will be deleted without prior notice. DOXA is a reputable Swiss watch manufacturer and the name DOXA has stood up for quality, customer friendliness and integrity for over 1 century, In case you are not satisfied with a product or a staff member’s reply to an email etc.. Please direct your feedback, complains or questions directly to DOXA at sales@doxawatches.com. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice.

You must use your real name when posting and provide an e-mail address where we may contact you, if necessary, during the registration process. Your e-mail address will not be published on the site, except by you actively choosing to do so. You are limited to one user account on the system. Under no circumstances can you deliberately use someone else's name for your name.

All Watchuseek Official Rules and Guidelines are in effect here. Please take the time to read them and ask questions if you do not understand something. Here is an important excerpt from the Official Rules: 5) Images in posts and signatures containing weapons of any kind (including, but not limited to, guns and knives) are not allowed. There is an exception for pictures of a documentary nature which illustrate the actual use of watches, and which are in keeping with the general theme of the forum in which they are posted. Staged or gratuitous pictures containing weapons, however, are prohibited without exception.
    Moreover, any picture that would not be suitable for viewing at an average workplace should not be posted here, i.e. nudity and other adult themes are unacceptable.
    Please generally exercise discretion when posting pictures in keeping with the kind and courteous spirit of the forum. In case of doubt, please contact the forum moderators prior to posting in order to avoid disputes and misunderstandings.
    Any posting of images is subject to review, and the determination of what is acceptable is at the sole discretion of the moderators and the management of Watchuseek. They will take appropriate action should any picture be deemed to be offensive or aggressive, and their decisions are final.

We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forum. Suspended members who re-register with new accounts will have those accounts deactivated without notice. Repeated attempts will result in our contacting your ISP with a complaint.

Here is a summary of the rules:

Read up before asking! There are lots of topics that have been handled in previous posting. There is a FAQ page at http://www.doxawatches.com/qa.htm that will answer most of your questions. Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered. Respect the netiquette, Lurk and get to know the forum before you post. Instructions by the moderators are to be followed. Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others or to the operator of this forum, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice. Any member, who threatens anyone on the forum including the operator, the moderator or the manufacturer will be banned immediately without notice. Do not post repair, service or product issues on this forum, those should be sent directly to DOXA’s staff by email or through the web form. Register using only one user name, Creating multiple user accounts will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned from the forum and reported to your ISP. By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change and a current version is always available in the forums. Members that violate these rules may be suspended or banned without prior notice.

DOXA watches LTD
    [/i]

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldF
    Quote Originally Posted by John Vargas
    [size=130]

I chuckled today when the mad-dog moderator of the Dive Watch forum (the most blatantly bonkers of the lot, IMO, and trigger-happy to the point where I can easily imagine him bursting into a Macdonalds and massacring dozens) started a thread on there entitled "The word turd". I shit you not (no pun intended).
    Did you see when the same moderator locked the thread on the discussion of the dollar's value plummet? I think it was over his head and he was lost when they were doing basic ratios.
    When I stood up to him on the dive watch forum recently, over nothing in particular other than him bullying those who dared to disagree with him over some trifle or other, I got the biggest PM mailbag I have ever received on any forum from other WUS members, all of it supportive.

with all the respect in the world.........
    most internet forum moderators are jumped up arseholes. who collect a little band of arse lickers to follow them arround like the school playground gang.
    dont die, never ever having been banned from a forum !!

Master

Well, I used to be quite active on WUS, gave up the Doxa Forum two years ago, waste of time. Its the Moderators, Employees and above all their head honcho Rick Marei. For me Doxa simply does not exist period.
    Since Moderator XTrooper is not looking after the Dive Watch Forum it has turned into the same waste of time.
    I don't envie Ernie Romers the owner of WUS who on one depends on the funds from his official forum brands and on the other hand has to tolerate the going on that causes a lot of members to leave WUS.

Just look at those forums which are first and foremost commercial enterprises and you will see heavy-handed moderation on all of them. I refuse to accept paid advertising on here because I don't want advertisers trying to call the shots. I can understand it; if you are paying to advertise on a forum, you don't want anyone trashing your brand. On the other hand, you rarely get to see any valid criticism.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Just look at those forums which are first and foremost commercial enterprises and you will see heavy-handed moderation on all of them. I refuse to accept paid advertising on here because I don't want advertisers trying to call the shots. I can understand it; if you are paying to advertise on a forum, you don't want anyone trashing your brand. On the other hand, you rarely get to see any valid criticism.

Eddie
    You could accept advertisements from those who accept (in writing) your policies about moderation. (It would probably take some effort to stick to them, however.)

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS And make sure they pay in advance. That way they can't withhold the payment to give you an incentive to change your policy. If they don't like the results, they may leave, but you would be no worse off than now. (Also, since it may not last, best to think of it as a one off bonus. Start to rely on it and they have you by the short and curlies. ;))
    RLF

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier

Eddie
    You could accept advertisements from those who accept (in writing) your policies about moderation. (It would probably take some effort to stick to them, however.)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Hey Bob,

In theory that would work, for a while, but then I believe Eddie would hear them start to whine and want to change things, or then wont pay anymore. Similar to it is my ball, and I do not want to play so I am going home mentality. Or, the ever popular, I am paying you, and you should do what I want syndrome…

I would rather be a donating paying member of this forum than see that happen. I get to be me here, and I do not have to worry...

I make a mistake the forum members correct me, not some mod with a stick up his but, because he can, because he is a mod.

Dibetu...I hope that you did not include me in that lot...

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier

Eddie

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I agree. And they would also rate high in our estimation.

john
    Every watch a story.

Craftsman

Eddie

Eddie,

Totally agree. However, as a brand who actively uses such a forum to advertise in such an open way I would personally make sure that the QC dept did their bloody job well enough not to leave me with my googlies hanging out in a very very public place. I think people have to understand if you want to play on the internet in a big marketplace, it gives you a bigger crowd to shout out your wares to, but it also gives a bigger place for someone to shout back if they have a reason to. (Not aiming this at Doxa at all, but everyone else who uses the internet!)

I could understand Doxa being pissed if someone was slagging their gear without good reason, but some of the cock ups that have appeared over there are just laughable. I had a Doxa, loved it, sold it, still miss it, but I would not pay the crazy money (twice what I sold it for) that the new owner wanted when he sold it last week! Sometimes you just need to stand up, be counted and say 'we fucked up!, but we are working on it!' It tends to earn you a little more respect!

And once again, brilliant forum Eddie!

Journeyman

When I stood up to him on the dive watch forum recently, over nothing in particular other than him bullying those who dared to disagree with him over some trifle or other, I got the biggest PM mailbag I have ever received on any forum from other WUS members, all of it supportive.

May I see the hyperlink of the thread?

Master

As soon as one takes money from advertisers you are their servant in one form or the other and you loose the total freedom and controll. One of the reasons why I have in all the years refused to go into any partnership or fusion in my business, there is nothing like total freedom.
    I also respect the other side: The Doxa forum is ownwed by Doxa and they have the right to make up their own rules and run it like a kindergarden. To each their own.

Thanks to Eddie and his commercial independance we can enjoy a brilliant forum here. :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by London Luke
    with all the respect in the world.........
    most internet forum moderators are jumped up arseholes. who collect a little band of arse lickers to follow them arround like the school playground gang.
    Ah, I see you said 'most'. :wink:

(writes possibly jumped up arsehole internet forum moderator)

Master

Eddie
    I totally agree. And when the right of valid criticism goes out the door, so does the entire point of the forum. I admire the way Eddie runs this forum and am most grateful to be a part of it. It's become "home turf" for me.

I suppose it depends on whether you believe a forum owner or operator has a moral imperative to allow fair and even-handed discussion.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".