closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interparcel/Parcelforce - Careless handling

Craftsman

Interparcel/Parcelforce - Careless handling

Well after waiting in for my new 911 LED rear lights to arrives they come with a few spare parts which shouldn't be there.
    God knows how as these were well wrapped but they have chipped the plastic on the corner as you can see.

I upgraded the insurance to £300 so hoping they will pay out and I can get a new one. Has anyone had similar problem with Interparcel where they have paid out?

Well p*ssed off!

Isn't it up to the sender to claim?

Master
    What did the packaging look like?

Craftsman
    Package looked fine.

I arranged collection of the lights so luckily I can handle the claim.
    Fuming its happened so I will push to get my money back!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    Package looked fine.

I arranged collection of the lights so luckily I can handle the claim.
    Fuming its happened so I will push to get my money back!
    So if the outer packaging was fine, I think you might struggle to get the courier to accept fault.

Understand your frustration though.

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    So if the outer packaging was fine, I think you might struggle to get the courier to accept fault.
    What I was thinking.

Craftsman
    I did think that and sent them a photo but surely if I have pics of them pre-packaging in one piece and then two days later smashed they should accept some responsibility?

The plastic part which has snapped is not supported by anything on the rear, it over laps the actual light unit so it is fragile. I think even a light knock such as throwing it in your van would damage it.

Craftsman
    I have sent the required paperwork off to Interparcel so will let you know what they say, hopefully in the next couple of days.

The plastic part which has snapped is not supported by anything on the rear, it over laps the actual light unit so it is fragile. I think even a light knock such as throwing it in your van would damage it.
    In that case, isn't the fault with the sender for not packaging it securely?

Blog Entries
    Well after waiting in for my new 911 LED rear lights to arrives they come with a few spare parts which shouldn't be there.
    God knows how as these were well wrapped but they have chipped the plastic on the corner as you can see.

I upgraded the insurance to £300 so hoping they will pay out and I can get a new one. Has anyone had similar problem with Interparcel where they have paid out?
    Why are you claiming against the courier? If you bought these from someone else then you should be claiming against he vendor; they have failed to deliver what you paid for in good condition.

It's up to the vendor to claim against the courier if they wish. What the courier did or did not do is not your problem. This issue is between you and the vendor.

** edit **

Ah sorry, I see that it was you who arranged collection so this complicates things. All the same, one might reasonably assume that the vendor is responsible for packing the item properly and, if the outer packing is in good condition, then it would seem that they did not do so.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 12th May 2017 at 20:39. Reason: Corrected

Craftsman
    Agreed full and detailed report to sender with photos etc

Craftsman
    I contacted the seller immediately and told him of the problem and that I would chase it up with the courier. If I dont have any luck I will put a dispute in with PayPal and hopefully get some money back.

I had no choice but to glue the parts back on and fit them too my car, from a distance you would never know but up close it's not ideal and bugs me!

photo upload internet