closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parkhouse Southampton

Parkhouse Southampton

Any local visitors know where the manager Paul went. I called today to enquire about something and they me told me he had left.
    Nice guy
    Last edited by awright101; 16th January 2017 at 20:15.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Any local visitors know where the manager Paul went. I called today to enquire about something and they me ruined he had left.
    Nice guy
    Was he the guy who was supposed to ring me back about my Patek enquiry of about three months ago?

He left before that so probably not

Banned
    Blog Entries
    He left before that so probably not
    Fair enough. Never did get the call though, and have since bought two from ADs who did call back!

Journeyman

Parkhouse Paul

If it's the same guy I met him for the first time where he now works in long established jewellers in Salisbury called Allum & sidaway.
    They've moved to a new premises in the centre where he's trying to create a watch gallery on the 1st floor , which given his enthusiasm for his visions abd plans should be quite special .
    He's a top guy and it was nice to chat with some one sharing the same level of interest in watches as myself .

That'll be interesting, Allum and Sidaway in Ringwood stock Ball and then Raymond Weil, hopefully, given his presumed contacts they'll get a few more names in.

Great, thanks guys

I just read that Parkhouse (as we know it) is closing and will be opening up again in West Quay under the new name of Laing (who are the parent company of Parkhouse anyway)

Laing, which began life as firm of clockmakers in Scotland in the 1840s, is investing £1m in the new showroom on the lower ground floor of the shopping centre.

The new 2,820 sq foot shop will house fine diamond jewellery and luxury watch brands Rolex and Patek Philippe.
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1528...oldest_stores/

Parkhouse has been a staple of Southampton for almost 200 years, so kind of sad to see it going (even if it isn't exactly closing down) but that area of town is not exactly the place where you'd expect a casual Patek Philipe shopper to be venturing, so it sort of makes business sense. Especially since the other jewelery / watch store that was just up from Parkhouse closed down a year or so ago.

Master
    It is only a shop move and rebranding excercise. Will still be the same staff and brands available

Service and attitude gone down hill like a greased pig!
    Spent 8350 there 2 weeks ago and been made to feel like I’m under suspicion
    Go elsewhere people, would be my advice
    Been a customer since 1986, not any longer😐

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Been a customer since 1986, not any longer
    I bought my Explorer 2 there and they gave it to me in the crappiest, most-kicked-around-the-storeroom box you could imagine. Totally battered. The salesman didn't seem to notice and only when I asked did he replace it. Very weird considering I'd just given them close to £6k.
    "A man of little significance"

They are doing you a favour by taking your thousands of pounds

Be grateful sheep and don't complain. How dare you

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Been a customer since 1986, not any longer
    Is Stuart still there do you know?

He used to be on the ball but my last two interactions have gone with no call back, and it wasn’t like it was an in demand model so not like I was after a Rolex or PP sports.

Any local visitors know where the manager Paul went. I called today to enquire about something and they me told me he had left.
    Nice guy
    Did you not think to ask where he had gone?

Craftsman

Laings

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I bought my Explorer 2 there and they gave it to me in the crappiest, most-kicked-around-the-storeroom box you could imagine. Totally battered. The salesman didn't seem to notice and only when I asked did he replace it. Very weird considering I'd just given them close to £6k.

Much the same level of service I have received from the Laings stores in Glasgow and Edinburgh over the past couple of years. No interest in genuine customer service, just want the money from the wallet and push you out the door to get back to the next sale.

The business is to get you to spend your money with them but when you are sitting instore with 30k on the table, it would be nice to feel your custom is valued and not just one of a conveyor belt. I sense they no longer feel they need to sell watches, they just put it on the mat and you thank them for allowing you to purchase from them.

No longer waste my time with them, I am not going to be made to feel grateful to them for taking my money.
    Last edited by Flasher; 21st September 2018 at 18:51. Reason: Error

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Is Stuart still there do you know?

He used to be on the ball but my last two interactions have gone with no call back, and it wasn’t like it was an in demand model so not like I was after a Rolex or PP sports.
    Yes he's still there. I think there's 2 actually, one central for Patek and one is Patek for Southampton. He also wears a rather lovely Nautilus so a great opportunity to try one on!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app