closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: sinn 358 as opposed to 356 - owners opinions please

sinn 358 as opposed to 356 - owners opinions please

planning a bit of a cull later this year and from the many will come possibly a sinn 358 or a 356.

bit busy at the mo, so not had a chance to find anywhere to try on a 358.

i like the 356 but am growing less averse to slightly bigger watches - so just looking for opinions on the 358 re size, legibility etc in comparison to the 356. is it worth the extra few quid ?

ta !

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    planning a bit of a cull later this year and from the many will come possibly a sinn 358 or a 356.

i like the 356 but am growing less averse to slightly bigger watches - so just looking for opinions on the 358 re size, legibility etc in comparison to the 356. is it worth the extra few quid ?

ta !
    Not got either but a friend of mine has the 358 Diapal and although its a biggish watch it's got brilliant presence on the wrist. It looks fantastic to my eyes. It presents thicker than it does especially wide though.

I'd certainly try to get both on to your wrist to try.

so no 358 owners out there then ?

Master
    I had the 358 LE Jubilaum for a couple of years and loved it, really comfortable on the Sinn bracelet and equally so on the Sinn leather. Bought of here and traded on here for an immaculate Breitling Emergency.
    The sunburst dial is amazing and the crystal back displaying the lovely movement.
    Decent size and heft but still sat nicely under a shirt cuff.

Master
    I also had a 358 Jubilaum for several years. It was quite large (lug-to-lug) and tall, but it wore very well IMO. I had a bracelet but always felt it worked better on leather, due to overall less weight.

I always thought it was a good quality watch, and have often considered getting another one.

Master
    Did you sell yours to "pstruck"? if so I think it was yours that I bought from Peter and it was pretty much immaculate. Only moved it on as I found i was wearing my Hanhart chrono.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post

ta !
    356 is the perfect size, weight, and is extremely legible. You don't really need more than 39mm - it's just adding weight to your wrist. The only advantage I see with the larger 358 is the fact that both hour indices and numbers are lumed, which aids night-time legibility. However, the 356 is easy to read in all light conditions.

My 356 is a special order - brushed case, sapphire back, but plexiglass front crystal. I wear mine on the two-link bracelet, and like it more than my old 14060M. It's certainly easier to use at night, and the bracelet is far better put together than the old tin-can 93150 bracelet was.

Craftsman
    I've just got a boggo 356 but I love it and there are no legibility issues whatsoever. Get a bigger watch if you like the look of a bit more metal on your wrist, but you don't need anything bigger than the 356.

thanks all.
    sounds like the 356 is coming across as a solid choice and a few bob cheaper too.

Master
    I have 6.5" wrists and a 356 II and I love it, a perfect size and very readable even with my middle aged eyes. I still regret not going for the £400 black dialled beater that was on sales corner a few years back to complete the set.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Did you sell yours to "pstruck"? if so I think it was yours that I bought from Peter and it was pretty much immaculate. Only moved it on as I found i was wearing my Hanhart chrono.
    Only just seen this.. yes I believe I did sell it to Peter.

Craftsman
    I have a 356 and would prefer it a touch larger, but not enough to change it, lovely watch. Not tried one but I don't think I'd get on with the 358, seems a bit too big. There's a 40mm fortis chrono flieger but not sure what else is around that size...

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    I have a 356 and would prefer it a touch larger, but not enough to change it, lovely watch. Not tried one but I don't think I'd get on with the 358, seems a bit too big. There's a 40mm fortis chrono flieger but not sure what else is around that size...
    The Damasko DC56 is also 40mm.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk