• Daytona 116520 BKK 2010

45 44.12%
  • GMT Master II 16710 Pepsi 2002

53 51.96%
  • Yachtmaster 16622 2005

4 3.92%

Thread: Can only keep 1 of these 3.

Can only keep 1 of these 3.

Over the last 2 months I have gone a bit mad spending on Rolex! I bought a 2010 Daytona 116520, a 2002 GMT Mater II 16710 and a 2005 Yacht-Master 16622! All justified to myself as "It will be for my boy when he's older!"

I've decided I only need 1 so have worn different ones each day over the last week to try and decide which to keep. Tends to be the one I am wearing on the day is my favourite.. easy. Decision made. No. Then I try on one of the others and am convinced that is my favourite!

At the moment I am swinging towards keeping the Daytona as it has the chrono complication and my other watches are very simple, it has the polished centre links which set it apart from my Explorer I and its a classic sporty car related design. In the others favour is the colour options on the GMT II and the red writing and seconds hand along with minimal PM on the Yacht-Master!!

If it were your choice where would you be going?

It's a tough choice, first world problems. Haha.
    For me it would be a toss up between the Daytona and the GMT. I know that's not much help!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daytona for me, but this is about you

Master
    Keep the Daytona. It's a cliché, perhaps, but it's a little bit more 'special' than the others.

SGR

Daytona for me, it's the only Rolex I own and I guess the reason is it's my favourite Rolex. But is it a daily? No not really. Depends what you want/need, but it's really a personal decision. Good luck!

Id keep the G.M.T.

but Im not you! Wish I had a similar problem!!!!

GMT would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    Keep the Daytona. It's a cliché, perhaps, but it's a little bit more 'special' than the others.

SGR
    +1 from me ..... will always be a 'classic' and very versatile - bit sporty, but dressy, always in style .....

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Gmt by a mile.

Journeyman
    I vote the GMT!

I'd also keep the GMT. Such a great all rounder and the bezel can easily be changed to a different one if you get bored with it from time to time. Same on the bracelet which can easily be swapped out for a Jubilee. They look great on leather too.

Banned
    It would be out of the GMT and the Daytona .
    Although the Daytona is the more valuable I still think I'd chose the GMT as it's more versatile , has a useful rotating bezel , a date function and a GMT hand , as an owner of both I wear my GMT more as the dial is so much more legible and the Lume is better too . So GMT for me

Daytona is the more desirable watch, but if ur only going to have one watch it's not a daily wearer. If that's what u really want i would vote for GMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have a Yachtmaster, but it would be the GMT of those three!

Craftsman
    If it were me it would be the GMT. Firstly I like the look better and secondly I would use the function more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I voted Daytona if you are really going to keep it a long time. However my personal choice would be the GMT, so that's not a lot of help to you is it.

I vote GMT as its the most versatile of the bunch, for me a Daytona is too small but i really like the Yachtmaster, so down to what you prefer really.

Complicated.......condition would be an issue for me as would considerations such as papers etc. If your Daytona is a nice clean example then I would probably keep opt to keep it but a really good GMT 16710 is likely to be a difficult watch to replace in the coming years. As for the YM...............

Good luck with your decision and hope it doesn't turn out to be a couple of expensive mistakes.

Why only one? Keep both the Daytona and the GMT, get rid of something else instead.

Master
    I'd keep the GMT because it's very versatile and of a type that Rolex does better than any other manufacturer - it's best of breed. Quickset hour hand for travel and a choice of bezel inserts. Nobody does it better.

There are many better chronograph options than the Daytona and many better dress watches than the YM. But no GMT watches better than the 16710.

Craftsman
    Bin the YM and keep the other two, ok so not the original question but that's what I'd do

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I'd keep the GMT because it's very versatile and of a type that Rolex does better than any other manufacturer - it's best of breed. Quickset hour hand for travel and a choice of bezel inserts. Nobody does it better.

There are many better chronograph options than the Daytona and many better dress watches than the YM. But no GMT watches better than the 16710.
    Agreed about the GMT, but the Daytona also offers plenty to appreciate. Though there are fancier options out there, few come in such a slim, genuinely water-resistant and wearable format, and no other sports chrono offers a movement as sublime as Rolex's 4130. Add to that its toughness and reliability, and it's the complete package. There's no other chronograph I'd rather have for the money.

Glad to hear you're keeping the Explorer ;)

I think the Daytona would make the best stable mate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Daytona or GMT - Yachtmaster to go regardless

Keep the Daytona, sell me the GMT (when I have a bit more money.....)

Dave

Craftsman
    Daytona is the only Rolex I desire

Master
    I owned a 2005 16622 and a 116520 though a white dial.

It would be between the GMT and Daytona for me but I think Daytona would be my choice.

Tough choice, I went with the GMT. Daytona a bit too blingy for me and the GMT seems a more versatile watch, as others have said it it depends a lot of what other watches you potentially have in a rotation. As a one only watch the GMT ticks more boxes than the Daytona, but if you have a good rotation maybe the Daytona would be a better fit.

Master
    Depends what you use a watch for. I own the Daytona and 16710, the YM never sung to me.

If it were one watch I would choose the Daytona, it's just a very special watch. However if was that versus BLNR I'd struggle to choose.

The Daytona gets my vote. They are of course all lovely things but this is the one I prefer.

All nice

Daytona by a million miles plus an additional step

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sell the Yachtmaster then have a good think

Craftsman
    I voted for the Yachtmaster 16622 because if keep this one you 'll earn the highest by selling the other two which are at their peak at the moment.

plus I love doing the opposite from what most people do or say :)

No contest IMO, Daytona all day long!

Easy, keep the GMTII, sell the others and buy a Turdor big block. The PCL's kill the Daytona for me. The Tudor will give you the best of both worlds in combo with the GMT, and you will still have plenty of cash leftover.

Master
    Never quite understood the hero worship of the Daytona.
    GMT for me.

Master

Hard choice!!

I am one of those people who does love Daytona's but for me the GMT stands out above the other two!!

Chris

Craftsman
    GMT IMO