closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My First SOTC

My First SOTC

Dear all

After being initially active on the site back in 2012, then just occasionally dropping in for a read (and a bit of a lurk) I thought I finally post my SOTC...

I will try to post some closer images but am restricted to 2 thumbnails per post (advice please on how to add more!).

Back left I have 3 IWCs (2 UTC/TZCs one on bracelet one on stap and a fliegermeister), Glycine Airman, Bremont MB3, Rolex Milgauss
    Back Right, 2 Rolex Subs (one a birth year), Explorer 11, GMT 11, 2 Speedmaster (one with the "220 error on the bezel), a Speedy mk2, X33 and 2 mk40 (one a "Schumacher")
    Front left, my odds and sods: including a Heuer (pre Tag), Seiko RAF mk1 and mk2, Oris big crown, Breitling Navitimer, Smiths Everest, CWC semi-fatboy and fatboy, 2 Christopher wards
    Front right - my first ever watch (aged 6), Casio 2108 (age 11), Seiko 259 (aged 15), Omega RAF53 (bought at Uni for £20!), Omega franken-seamaster! Tudor oyster royal, Tudor oyster prince, Rolex oyster royal and Rolex Oyster Speedking.

I really like 24hr watches (hence the UTC/Exp2/GMT2/Bremont/etc) but also love older watches.

Enjoy.

Now to pack them away before the mrs comes up stairs and realizes how many are in the collection.....

DACC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craftsman
    Wow, great collection, would love to see better pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Gordon76;4384362]Wow, great collection, would love to see better pics!

I hope photobucket is working...

Back left I have 3 IWCs (2 UTC/TZCs one on bracelet one on stap and a fliegermeister), Glycine Airman, Bremont MB3, Rolex Milgauss

Back Right, 2 Rolex Subs (one a birth year), Explorer 11, GMT 11, 2 Speedmaster (one with the "220 error on the bezel), a Speedy mk2, X33 and 2 mk40 (one a "Schumacher")

Front left, my odds and sods: including a Heuer (pre Tag), Seiko RAF mk1 and mk2, Oris big crown, Breitling Navitimer, Smiths Everest, CWC semi-fatboy and fatboy, 2 Christopher wards

Front right - my first ever watch (aged 6), Casio 2108 (aged 11), Seiko 259 (aged 15 - the first quartz Bond wore!), Omega RAF53 (bought at Uni for £20!), Omega franken-seamaster! Tudor oyster royal, Tudor oyster prince, Rolex oyster royal and Rolex Oyster Speedking.

These still might be a bit pixelated as I thought I had to reduce them to under 90KB thumbnails! I try some higher resolutions later.

DACC

Master
    Now that's a collection - well done OP !!

Blog Entries
    Loving that collection, you must enjoy that so much. Mine not as big yet but will get there!

Ian

If my significant other ever asks about my watch box, I can show her all of yours, and I'll be off the hook!

Really great watches, but that Omega 53 does it for me. Great stuff

Dave

Journeyman
    Cricket, I would be happy just with the "odds n sods" box. Great collection, some real gems in there.

Blog Entries
    And there's me thinking my collection is getting outtta hand.

Fantastic collection of watches, how long have you been collecting??

Regards better quality pics, I am done with Photobucket and just use this little tool, very easy and quick.

https://imgbb.com

Pitch

Thanks for the pointer on IMGBB, I'll give it a go.

In the mean time here is a (hopefully) bigger image

Regards

DACC

Thanks HeliDoc
    I was going to repeat your comment to my wife, then realised that would be a self inflicted injury! I'll keep that one to myself :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Definitely something for everyone there !

Congrats on the collection. It makes my fledgling collection look puny as well. Might be great if you could show some of these watches individually rather than in low res images in collections ?

I am sure that many here, myself included, would like to see more of these watches.

Best wishes

Gary

Thanks Pitch3110
    I suppose technically I started my collection aged 6 (I still have my first watch). At uni' I got into old
    Fob/pocket watches. Used to buy a few old broken ones and swap the parts to make a working one, that I'd then swap for some more broken bits. In those days there was a great watch makers supply shop behind the Arnedale on Manchester (it's probably a trend restaurant now).
    At one of the swaps, the seller had the Omega 53 - I had no idea what it was and wore it as my daily beater for 10yrs!

At the time i used to drawl at the Rolex AD in St Anne's Road (proper snot on the window drawling) and finally treated myself to the GMT2 for my 30th (25 yrs back) and been "investing" (it makes me feel better to think I may get money back :-)) since.

I have brought myself to flip any yet, but there are a few (quite a few) that don't get wrist time (any interest in a Glycine Airman 9 - big big for me).

Like children, I try not to have a favourite, but the IWC utc (on strap) Rolex gmt2 or exp2 gets more wear. Today it's a Sub 5513 on a NATO.

Thanks Gary
    I'll try to pick a theme and take some photos.
    Regards
    DACC

Craftsman
    Great collection :)

Odds and sods would be a collection all by itself :yes:

Craftsman
    Great collection

Date I ask. How many do you wear? Great collection love the BACK ROW!!!

Really interesting collection. Thanks very much for sharing.

Hi
    I do try to rotate through the collection, but there are a few that don't get worn. One is the Speedy 145.022.69 with the error on the bezel.

Where Omega put 220 rather than 200.
    The other "safe queen" is the x33

Today is vintage day

Tudor Oyster Royal!

Tapatalk on iPhone.

There's some cracking pieces in there. well done!

A tremendous core of Rolex, Omega and IWC and a smattering of interesting curiosities. Interested to hear about the Seiko RAF pieces.

Craftsman
    The vintage rolex on a NATO strap looks great!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    The vintage rolex on a NATO strap looks great!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coolest thing for me is you still have your first watch. Wish I did - only a cheap 70s Timex but probably what started this insane passion!

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting! You have a really wonderful collection. Love the 220 Speedy!

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    There's some cracking pieces in there. well done!

A tremendous core of Rolex, Omega and IWC and a smattering of interesting curiosities. Interested to hear about the Seiko RAF pieces.

Unfortunately there is no great story behind the RAF pieces (I wish I could claim to be a fast jet pilot, but I work in IT). About 10yrs back I thought the RAF watches were interesting and picked up the Mk1 and Mk2 on eBay - I was really lucky with the Mk1 it had just been serviced and had a new glass. The Mk2 has obviously has a tough life, but thats the one I tend to wear more of the two.
    It's crazy how these are going up in value now (you see Mrs DACC, this is an "investment" not a hobby!).