closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New incoming and a question

New incoming and a question

Just got my first brand new watch a new moonwatch totally smitten by it and I get the feeling it will be on my wrist a lot!

Now my question.. the guy in the AD warned me as I was leaving that the hesalite crystal is extremely prone to scratching?? He stopped just short of warning me it's not a daily wearer! How do people find these?

I think it's first job will be to have a leather strap fitted! Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great on the SS Bracelet. I wouldn't worry about the crystal, people over egg this. Just have a tube of Polywatch in the house (£5) then if you accidently scratch the crystal you can tidy it up in a matter of seconds.

Just wear it and enjoy.

They do a sapphire crystal version, which would be my choice unless you plan on venturing into space?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Peel View Post
    They do a sapphire crystal version, which would be my choice unless you plan on venturing into space?
    Wasn't aware of this. But too late now as the watch is on the wrist.

It's never bothered me. So easy to buff any scratches out that it doesn't really bear thinking about. The thing went up into space on a rocket for petes sake, it can cope with being worn while you sit at a desk and drink cups of tea!

Also, although I've never had to get it replaced, I believe replacement crystals are very reasonably priced so should you gouge it drastically then it's not a big deal to get replaced.

Just wear it and enjoy it. As long as you don't jam it in a doorway, or run your car over it any scratches you get either won't bother you, or if they do they can be buffed out in a few minutes.

Sapphire doesn't look as nice in my, and a lot of other people's, opinion.
    Polywatch is your friend here. Polishes the little scuffs out just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can I suggest that a search of the forum, using the Advanced Search, on Speedy strap with the Search Titles Only option selected, might find you some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Can I suggest that a search of the forum, using the Advanced Search, on Speedy strap with the Search Titles Only option selected, might find you some ideas?
    Is that available on Tapatalk on the phone? As I tried the only search function on the phone there was no advanced search. And as I don't use a pc this is my only option.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Plexi crystal is excellent. Much warmer and feels nicer than sapphire, plus you can't shatter it.
    You can buff out any small marks with a dose of polywatch and a soft cloth and bring it back to new looking in 3 minutes.
    Some people think it's old tech compared to sapphire but I prefer it by a mile.
    It's fine for daily wear. Ad is being a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Is that available on Tapatalk on the phone? As I tried the only search function on the phone there was no advanced search. And as I don't use a pc this is my only option.

Apparently not. That's another reason why I've ditched Tapatalk and access TZ-UK using Chrome on my mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Plexi crystal is excellent. Much warmer and feels nicer than sapphire, plus you can't shatter it.
    You can buff out any small marks with a dose of polywatch and a soft cloth and bring it back to new looking in 3 minutes.
    Some people think it's old tech compared to sapphire but I prefer it by a mile.
    It's fine for daily wear. Ad is being a fuss.
    Couldn't agree more, I've changed the crystal out on some of my watches for acrylic for this very reason.
    In fact, I may take a photo of them and see what you think.

Dont worry about the Hesalite Crystal they are ok, all you need is a tube of polywatch, i have a Hesalite Speedy and an Automatic with hesalite crystal and i have only had to use polywatch once but that was on a deep scratch (It seemed Deep), but polywatch cleaned it perfectly back to new, so yeah nice watch and dont worry about the crystal.

Blog Entries
    Has the AD read the tests NASA put these through?

Master
    Hesalite vs Saphire .... fight!!!

I bought Hesalite only because I believe even though it might have been made decades later - it's still the watch closer to it's roots. And the Hesalite looks nicer to me.

Craftsman
    I love my hestalite speedy - it's the only way in my opinion.
    I wore mine for 3 years straight and only picked up a few scratches in that time. 2 mins with some poly watch and it was good as new! You picked a Good'un !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Looks great on the SS Bracelet. I wouldn't worry about the crystal, people over egg this. Just have a tube of Polywatch in the house (£5) then if you accidently scratch the crystal you can tidy it up in a matter of seconds.

Just wear it and enjoy.
    +1.

If the lack of adjustable clasp gets to you buy the sea master clasp and take a link off to compensate for the bigger clasp. Plenty of details on here if you search.

Thanks for the info guys. I've swapped it off the bracelet as mentioned in another post lack micro adjustment so that has gone. I've currently got it on one of Adi's straps which I can't recommend highly enough!

Anyway pictures