Pete

Re: Mr Crowley back in hospital

Hope you get better soon mate!

Mark

Wish you well mate :)

Master

Thats too bad, he was just here banging away on the keyboard in the pit recently too. All the best and hopefully a speedy recovery as well.
    John

Master

:(

Not good at all. Fingers crossed and best wishes to you Paul.

Master

Get well soon and i look forward to seeing back on the forum soon

All the best

Scott

Best wishes Paul.

Frank

Grand Master

Oh no. Hope you're well again soon, Paul.

Ming

Again, that sucks :(

Get well soon Paul!

Hey Paul,

Keep you head up…and your spirits up. We are here if you need us, and get well soon!

John

Bad news indeed - hope a speedy recovery is on the cards.

Master

Sorry to hear that you are not well Paul.............we need you back here mate .....clay

Best wishes Paul, hope your out of hospital soon.

regards

siggy

Sorry to hear this Paul - get well soon.

Master

All the best, get well soon

get well soon paul

"Speedie" recovery Paul... :)

Pul hope you get well soon.

Master

Any news regarding Paul?

Master

Sorry to hear that Paul is unwell again. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery :)

Paul's a truly wonderful person i had the great pleasure of buying a really cool watch from Him this is sad news get well soon.

I spoke with Trish last night and she's not at all happy. The nursing staff "forgot" to give Paul his medication and he suffered a fit. If that wasn't bad enough, he's on what they call a "transitional ward" whilst he's waiting for a bed on the ward he should be on. He's catheterised and has a urinary infection yet they haven't changed his bag, despite Trish giving them a new bag yesterday. The guy in the next bed is handcuffed to two security guards, the guy opposite keep crying out for his fix of methadone.

I don't understand what's happening with the NHS. :(

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    I spoke with Trish last night and she's not at all happy. The nursing staff "forgot" to give Paul his medication and he suffered a fit. If that wasn't bad enough, he's on what they call a "transitional ward" whilst he's waiting for a bed on the ward he should be on. He's catheterised and has a urinary infection yet they haven't changed his bag, despite Trish giving them a new bag yesterday. The guy in the next bed is handcuffed to two security guards, the guy opposite keep crying out for his fix of methadone.

I don't understand what's happening with the NHS. :(

Eddie
    That is appalling!

I really feel for both Paul & Trish; please let us know if there is anything I or any of us can do, Eddie.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

That's just shite! :evil:
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Get well quick, Paul!

Master

its diabolical the nhs

when i was in the john radcliff oxford it was filthy [i mean realy filthy]

i was called a racist when i said i couldnt understand the nurse [i was in hospital not trying to buy an icecream on holliday]

strangely i said it because i couldnt understand her version of english.. :? i cant understand lots of languages dosent make me a racist

when i returned to emergency with an infection and couldnt even walk 10 metres to go to the toilet [talk about loseing your dignity i nearly wet myself] let alone walk out of the hospital,i was on crutches with 2 major knee ops.

another foreign nurse who i told i couldnt walk and the diabettes was kicking in [2am no food, drink or tablets] told me ide been seen and had to leave.

i said i couldnt even walk to the exit doors she wouldnt listen

called security and a tatooed thug jumped on me with his mate pushed me to the ground after knocking away my crutches, wheeled me out in a wheelchair [while twisting my arm] i realy begged people/ nurses to help no one did.

then left me in the road in the wheelchair told me to leave the grounds and walked of.

dont go thinking ide been drinking i was sober

so there i am 2.30 am freezing cold,hungry,very thirsty,effected by the diabetes, totaly helpless.and even if there was a bus 10 metres away unable to get to it.

i could go on

not much point had to get some of it of my chest.

what i have learnt eddie is when you visit people in hospital now

you do have to check that the correct procedures etc. have been done

last time i visited someone in the jr trauma i cleaned up the discarded needles left in his lap 2 days, dirty swabs etc, unbelivable realy... :(

What we really need is a member of the forum who is in a responsible enough position to ask Leeds Health Authority what they hell they're playing at. I've advised Trish to start writing a diary, detailing what's happening and who she spoke with.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    What we really need is a member of the forum who is in a responsible enough position to ask Leeds Health Authority what they hell they're playing at. I've advised Trish to start writing a diary, detailing what's happening and who she spoke with.

Eddie
    Good advice.

And I would suggest pictures too; most mobiles these days can double up as 'evidence support'.

And a letter to the Hospital Director, detailing her concerns and whats happened since Paul was admitted.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries

I must say that I'm shocked... what happened to Paul is an outrage IMO.

Craftsman

Very sad to read this :( All the best for Paul and family!

I'm in Germany and not very familiar with your NHS, but I would also report what has happened (and hopelully this sh** stops!) to the health insurance (in case Paul has one) because they pay a vast amount of money for what the hospital pretends to do...

Incredible!

Andreas

Unfortunately these situations are not uncommon and we recently experienced one of my wife's worst in-patient stays ever (and she is in 4 - 6 times a year for typically two weeks at a time). As with Paul, the problems begin with a lack of a bed in the correct ward, leading to staff inexperienced in dealing with or trained in administering the patients particular treatment need.
    Each hospitals has an independent PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) who can be a great help in ensuring that situations like this are at least addressed and if possible, resolved reasonably quickly. Unfortunately though, a call to the hospital duty manager is often the only way to get urgent care problems resolved and even then they often try to side with the staff, so a log of the problems is essential to prove the problem is real.

My wife, as well as neurological problems, has a chronic GI problem and is known by all the staff on her usual ward, and they know how best to treat her and that her medication delivery system is unusual and needs advance ordering to ensure it does not run out when the dispensary is shut. They also know that she is extremely vulnerable to infections and these can severely aggravate her condition to a critical state.
    During this last visit she was placed on a geriatric ward that was filthy. The side room bed she was initially put in still smelled strongly of the excrement of the previous occupant (who had died), there was still blood around the room and the normal waste bin had used syringes. The duty manager was called by me and had to agree that the bed and room should have had a "deep clean" before anyone was put there but pressure on beds and meeting waiting time targets meant that sometimes "these situations were unavoidable".
    Over the next ten days, despite the involvement of the PALS team, the duty manager had to be called in three more times to find solutions to urgent critical care foul-ups.

Between my disabled son and his nine consultants, my wife's chronic illnesses and my on-going heart and knee problems, we probably see more of the NHS than average. When it works as intended, it can be brilliant, but unfortunately more and more often it just cracks up under the load put on it.

Really sorry to hear all that. In Spain you may or may not be lucky with the NHS, but nothing as bad as you are describing. Anyway, I have the NHS and a private insurance for me and my family: double coverage just in case....

Get well soon mate.

I'll see if I can find a Texan 'the mighty chew' bar for you :wink:

I'm sorry to hear of this and all best to Paul. He doesn't deserve what he has been through and is going through.

The state of healthcare in the UK worries me having read about Paul and Ditchdigger amongst many other horror stories. Whilst the country has its faults, Thailand has truly superb healthcare and although you have to pay for it, it is not hugely expensive. The hospitals are akin to luxury hotels. If you need an op or extensive dental stuff, it really would be worthwhile flying to Bangkok and having it done there!

Cheers

Ewan

Paul has now been moved to the correct ward and has been given a side room. He's perked up following the move.

Eddie

Good news that! Thanks Eddie.Let's hope it helps speed up Pauls recovery. :)
    F.T.F.A.

That's great news, and thanks for updating us, Eddie.

Rich

Glad to hear that he seems to be getting the care he should have had from the outset. What a shambles the NHS has become :evil:

Craftsman
    the country where every village is a nation

Just seen this thread. Very sorry to hear the bad news.
    Hope you get well soon, Paul.

Paul

I just came into this thread too.

Sorry to hear about this pal and indeed of the frightful condition of your stay, Glad this part of it has been resolved at least.

Get well soon and hope you'll be back home and with us here soon.

Thanks for the updates Eddie.

Good weekend wishes to everyone

Craftsman

Here's one from across the pond

wishing the best for a quick and complete recovery for one of the good guys here. :)

Master

I have not been paying as much attention as usual. I am sorry to hear that Paul is back in hospital and is not receiving the best level of care.

IMO the government is (intentionally?) killing the NHS with it's beloved and unrealistic waiting list targets. I have a more lengthy opinion on this but this is neither the time or place.

Get well soon Paul. Trish, put something in writing to the chief executive.

Dave

New here so I don't know who Mr Crowley is but as one human being to another, all the best pal.

Hope you are better and back home soon Paul.

Paul is a really super chap and He doesn't deserve this however My tale of NHS,bought into Casualty on Monday,MRI scan Tuesday,Back operation on Wednesday even though it was not an urgent,life-threatning condition,i am now home recuperating ahead of schedule.I have to say half My family are Doctors working in NHS and the situation is varies region by region.I have BUPA cover through work but i took My chance with the NHS and i owe the Staff/Doctors bigtime they probably saved Me from permanent,long-lasting nerve damage.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver
    Paul is a really super chap and He doesn't deserve this however My tale of NHS,bought into Casualty on Monday,MRI scan Tuesday,Back operation on Wednesday even though it was not an urgent,life-threatning condition,i am now home recuperating ahead of schedule.I have to say half My family are Doctors working in NHS and the situation is varies region by region.I have BUPA cover through work but i took My chance with the NHS and i owe the Staff/Doctors bigtime they probably saved Me from permanent,long-lasting nerve damage.
    I personally would have gone with bupa if i could have. Good on ya manny for sticking with NHS.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Paul how are Ya dude?Take it easy My friend and get well soon!

Master

Paul, best wishes for a speedy recovery and glad to see you on-line.

Cheers,

Guy :)

Great to see you back Paul :D

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Thanks guys.

Still having headaches at times. Frustration is my hand. Still taking its time improving. Cant drive chair properly.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!