closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dealers claims of 'serviced' watches.....believable?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Most of the ads I see state words to the effect of ' inspected buy our qualified technicians and serviced if required'. So basically worn for a few days and it looks like it's keeping time ok.

Master
    I've known of at least '3' dealers who have an ex Rolex guy servicing their watches - Rolex must have a high turn over of staff 😜

Master
    Be wary of the 'retired Omega employee' you see selling on ebay. I bought one piece from him which certainly hadn't been touched even though it was claimed as serviced NOS. It barely ran and went straight back.

It isn't a bad idea to buy a cheap timing machine as that is a very quick way to spot the more egregious claims of servicing when none has occurred.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Be wary of the 'retired Omega employee' you see selling on ebay. I bought one piece from him which certainly hadn't been touched even though it was claimed as serviced NOS. It barely ran and went straight back.

It isn't a bad idea to buy a cheap timing machine as that is a very quick way to spot the more egregious claims of servicing when none has occurred.
    I had exactly the same experience from who I presume to be the same seller

So, do we have a list on TZ of decent watch servicing guys?

Quote Originally Posted by johnfm View Post
    There are many depending on the Watch brand. The principal is the same for all though, you want to see an invoice for the work undertaken and a period of warranty included with that service.

As others have said, without this regard the watch as having no service history.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfm View Post
    That would be an excellent resource. I have a bunch of watches due for service soon and it would be good to give business to people related to this forum.

Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to put a list like this together as I'm fairly recently active on the forum.