closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SD43 vs SD4K

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Your comment isnt helpful
    It's AD specific, though seemingly more common in the UK than the USA.

Your comment isnt helpful
    Why are you concerned about the stickers being removed?

To be more helpful I can tell you I bought two Rolex in Singapore 5 weeks ago and they laughed at me when i asked if they could possibly leave the stickers on. They couldn't understand why a UK AD wouldn't leave them on.
    Only three weeks I bought a BLNR from my local AD and the stickers were removed but I wasn't bothered as I'm keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Why are you concerned about the stickers being removed?
    Its a new watch and thats how I want to receive it. I want to peel them off myself. Its supposed to be brand new. Unstickered in my eyes it isnt.

Its a new watch and thats how I want to receive it. I want to peel them off myself. Its supposed to be brand new. Unstickered in my eyes it isnt.
    Take it or leave it then. Simple.

Or ask the AD if you can peel the stickers yourself in the shop😀

Then just let the AD know that you are not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I like the 4000 because of the slimmer lugs than the ceramic sub. It just seem a nicer watch, especially minus the cyclops. But the features are for dreamers , not real divers. The 43mm is just about shouting 'Rolex', the size is surely intended to demonstrate it is more expensive. Not a pleasing development , but Rolex want to sell more watches, and they will.
    So, I prefer the 4000, but a non ceramic Submariner looks better than both to me.
    He shoots - he scores!

That's it in a nutshell. Rolex had perfectly-proportioned design classics, and then produced watches for people who wanted others to "know" they had aspired to a Rolex........

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    He shoots - he scores!

That's it in a nutshell. Rolex had perfectly-proportioned design classics, and then produced watches for people who wanted others to "know" they had aspired to a Rolex........
    Blah,blah.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Or ask the AD if you can peel the stickers yourself in the shop😀
    And keep the stickers too.

Master

Back to topic, my 7 year old spotted these differences (in addition to the case size). Had not spotted the relative hands length before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

*NB not sized to my wrist

Needs to be an identical shot, same wrist shirt/jumper and same distance. Because I did prefer the new watch over the Sea Dweller but in these shots I PREFER the SeaDweller by a mile

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It's the original all day for me

Master
    Picked up my SD43. Wears better than the 116600 as better proportioned - height vs width and thicker strap etc. Time will tell whether I think it looks better. Pictures to follow!

Master
    Tried one the other day. Prefer the SD4k. If I was going for a watch that big I prefer the Deep Sea, which I also find comfier. Oh, and I miss the raised crystal and lack of cyclops.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 5th August 2017 at 07:42.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikoboy View Post
    SD 4000 all day , cyclops ruins it for me . The date no cyclops is what separated the sd to the sub

Seikoboy
    So true

I finally saw a sd43 and was expecting the worst and i actually rather liked it. Didnt get to wear it yet, but while the sd4k felt perfect and blend at the same time, this one removes the blend feeling by adding the red writing. Not completely sure yet as Im not a cyclops fan on this model, however Im rather intrigued..

Master
    I was the world's biggest 4k fan, but having worn the 43 as a daily for the last couple of months - I'm a total convert!

The 4k stays in the safe...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I was the world's biggest 4k fan, but having worn the 43 as a daily for the last couple of months - I'm a total convert!

The 4k stays in the safe...
    Based on 24 hours of wear, I hear you!

Journeyman
    It's quite a size difference! It doesn't wear as big as I had feared though. On the basis of what I tried on, I liked it a lot.

That pic certainly makes it looks more than a 3mm difference IMO.

But I prefer the 43mm

Craftsman
    I've owned the SD4000 and currently have the SD50, the SD50 wins hands down for me.
    Remember before Basel when we all realised the SD4000 was going to be discontinued, well back then it was one of the only steel professional models you could see in virtually every Rolex AD window. Now it's discontinued everyone wants one !

Master

SD43 vs SD4K

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    That pic certainly makes it looks more than a 3mm difference IMO.

But I prefer the 43mm
    To be fair the pic is deceptive, slightly different heights.

The 43mm wears well. Even the cyclops is growing on me.
    Last edited by Chalet; 7th August 2017 at 22:10.

Master
    Still desperate for the sd50 hear but still no closer ;(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Still desperate for the sd50 hear but still no closer ;(
    Patience...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Patience...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Or a friendly AD............

Banned
    The SD43, is it falling from a non existent favour, I have mine the dealer has the warranty card, but ringing round deals can be done on greys, I'm down to £10.900 at the moment, unworn stickers on EU.

So at what grey price point would you pull the trigger.

Banned
    £10.786 ATM.

Master
    My 40th is looming on the horizon and patience isnt something that goes well with me alas Im still ringing round but with no joy at the minute :(

10.3k cheapest I can get at grey

- - - Updated - - -

10.3k cheapest I can get at grey

Is the general consensus that these are going to drop in price over the next 12 months? If so would make them a difficult purchase now.

Blog Entries
    Who knows where the sd50 will land ref values when/if they become readily available?

What we do know ref the SD4000 is they are discontinued and at present demand is high (Chronext offered me £8700 for my June 17 fully stickered piece) there is no guarantee values will remain at these levels, so I'd buy the one you can source at a price you are happy to pay and enjoy it while the market decides?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Is the general consensus that these are going to drop in price over the next 12 months? If so would make them a difficult purchase now.
    I can't fathom any reason why the prices won't drop. It's a XL Sub. Some people wanted that. After they buy one, it's going to be as unpopular as the last SD.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I can't fathom any reason why the prices won't drop. It's a XL Sub. Some people wanted that. After they buy one, it's going to be as unpopular as the last SD.
    I think most people here who have bought it actually love it.
    And, it depends to a large degree on the number of pieces Rolex releases.
    It seems Rolex is being a little tight with releasing these.
    But,yes if Rolex supply them in enough numbers, prices will go down.
    In US they are selling at RRP on secondary market.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I think most people here who have bought it actually love it.
    And, it depends to a large degree on the number of pieces Rolex releases.
    It seems Rolex is being a little tight with releasing these.
    But,yes if Rolex supply them in enough numbers, prices will go down.
    In US they are selling at RRP on secondary market.
    Definitely. It's a smart release for Rolex as well. They had basically left the "somewhat big but still wearable" diver market to Omega and other brands. It's a perfect watch for someone who wants a bigger Rolex I think.

Barring anything unlikely, such as dropping the red text after the first year or two, it should reach normal scarcity levels pretty quickly I think.

Banned

SD43 vs SD4K

I'm down to 10.1K but I'd have to buy it today, I think dealers are a bit jittery about the focus on the soon to be released SS skydweller knocking the SD50 slightly.

Craftsman
    Tell them 9.7k and that you're buying tomorrow.

Craftsman
    So weird to see a Sea-Dweller with a cyclops. Guess it doesn't look bad though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Barring anything unlikely, such as dropping the red text after the first year or two, it should reach normal scarcity levels pretty quickly I think.
    Funny you should say that, my AD has heard rumours that the red lettering could be for a limited time only.

Funny you should say that, my AD has heard rumours that the red lettering could be for a limited time only.
    What would be the benefit to Rolex themselves to change the dial design? I can see how it might create problems for them in the future, but I can't see the upside (genuine, non-rhetorical question)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    What would be the benefit to Rolex themselves to change the dial design? I can see how it might create problems for them in the future, but I can't see the upside (genuine, non-rhetorical question)
    Likewise. It would hit their new sales and boost up the second hand market. Just passing on what I heard!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Likewise. It would hit their new sales and boost up the second hand market. Just passing on what I heard!
    Or it starts to create an expectation in the market that there will be a more regular flow of Rolex LEs? Perhaps not a bad thing for Rolex, if managed properly (i.e. not implemented like Omega with the Speedy). Btw, for what it is worth, the AD from whom I am collecting a 43 later in the week, said he has heard the same thing.

Master
    I'll believe that when they get rid of the green anniversary writing on the black bezel GMT2. E.g., never.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    I'm down to 10.1K but I'd have to buy it today, I think dealers are a bit jittery about the focus on the soon to be released SS skydweller knocking the SD50 slightly.

I think the 'dress' SkyD will be a flash in the pan a la Milgauss. It's a beautiful thing, but it's not a daily for most people. I'd love one, but think it will take an absolute 'bath' compared to the daily SD43. Just IMHO, and not because I like my SD43.

Banned

SD43 vs SD4K

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I think the 'dress' SkyD will be a flash in the pan a la Milgauss. It's a beautiful thing, but it's not a daily for most people. I'd love one, but think it will take an absolute 'bath' compared to the daily SD43. Just IMHO, and not because I like my SD43.
    I think you might be right, the watch is a great intro but the dial on the SS dweller is just plain awful, so bland and cheap looking, I like my SD50th, it can't say high ATM because I'm away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Tell them 9.7k and that you're buying tomorrow.
    What about 9.3K and I'll buy it the day after.

Master
    Peeled the last of the stickers off the SD43, it's a keeper!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    What about 9.3K and I'll buy it the day after.
    That sounds even better, you're saving 400 quid and gaining 24hrs - as we all know time is money.

With sd43 waitlists being at 4+ years in UK a pricedrop does not seem to be an immediate threat. Furthermore the list price very likely wont be in 4yrs where it is today

Master
    Blog Entries
    You will not have to wait 4 years for one in the uk, anyone that thinks that's is crazy. Many people will drop out the 'list' dealers have because

1. They won't like the size once they see it
    2. Realise the greys are not paying over list, so why not buy the iconic sub
    3. Don't have the cash when they are called, big deal if 2 means no profit for them.

All of those will thin it out within the next year. I was called a dreamer that grey prices were going to fall to retail, it's not far off now. No one really wants to pay a premium for this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    You will not have to wait 4 years for one in the uk, anyone that thinks that's is crazy. Many people will drop out the 'list' dealers have because

1. They won't like the size once they see it
    2. Realise the greys are not paying over list, so why not buy the iconic sub
    3. Don't have the cash when they are called, big deal if 2 means no profit for them.

All of those will thin it out within the next year. I was called a dreamer that grey prices were going to fall to retail, it's not far off now. No one really wants to pay a premium for this.
    Just an update on this thread.

After an issue with me being on the list for the SD43 and having tried one on many times it is a watch for me.

Even after the recent price rise to £8700 i have been offered the watch at a few hundred pounds under 10k with many dealers now struggling to sell.

My local dealer thinks they will become more available with the recent warranty card holding situation and i am reluctant to pay over RRP.

I am playing a waiting game as i think this watch will be available at RRP within the next 12 months and people who have bought these to sell on are now realizing the market has been flooded...just check Chrono 24 and ebay for the number for sale under 10k.

I may be wrong but prices have come down in the last few months and as Kash as said a few months ago the prices are dropping.