closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1177

Thread: (Another) New Limited Edition Speedmaster

^Yeah that's a winning combo alright. I was between the Snoopy strap and the bracelet for me and I decided on bracelet first and Snoop later. I've tried a few straps on the ST so far and just like the standard Pro looks great on pretty much anything IMO.

Master
    Mine's arrived by courier but I'm sorely tempted to stick up a FS thread showing it totally unpacked to 'help' those who need to vent a little more

Presumably if WF manage to shift these at higher than forum prices then that'll only evidence and maintain the premium.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Mine's arrived by courier but I'm sorely tempted to stick up a FS thread showing it totally unpacked to 'help' those who need to vent a little more

Presumably if WF manage to shift these at higher than forum prices then that'll only evidence and maintain the premium.
    If you need any help with that let me know

Master
    Oh dear, oh dear, sounds like their QC isn't so good. Not sure if everybody has access to this
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1388...61475/?fref=nf

But to summarise
    Got the call yesterday and just left the boutique... no watch in hand. It's beautiful, but 5 seconds into appreciating the watch I noticed some black residue clearly visible to the naked eye in the bottom right corner of the hesalite. Just my luck. Gave it to the rep, and they saw it right away as well. Elevated the issue to the manager and now it's being sent in for service. Not going to lie that my excitement came crashing down when I noticed this... plus side is they will throw in the speedy strap (not the deployant clasp) for free. However, it took everything in me to keep my composure and not show frustration. 6 months and then a quick tease before more waiting. Will see how quickly this gets resolved, but this is my first omega, and while the reps were very nice and welcoming, QC seems to be lacking. I am still excited for the watch, but this is unacceptable. I am not talking about little things like the paint markers, this was a blatant miss on their part. Pretty bummed.

It happens and feel for the bloke but things slip through occasionally.
    If there were several such instances,then it is a different matter.

Master
    Given they've only started shipping, who knows if this is going to be isolated case or not.

Sorry to hear this, but at least the Omega response sounds positive and they are being proactive in trying to resolve the issue. Seems strange given that we have all had e-mails about how the watches are in quality control etc.

Master
    The Speedy strap for free you say?
    I don't agree that things clearly visible to the naked eye 'get missed'. Not great on a £250 watch so totally unacceptable on a £4.1k LE.

That's not the only problem. Further down in that group there's a post from someone who picked theirs up and it didn't have any lume in the 11 o'clock marker.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    ^Yeah that's a winning combo alright. I was between the Snoopy strap and the bracelet for me and I decided on bracelet first and Snoop later. I've tried a few straps on the ST so far and just like the standard Pro looks great on pretty much anything IMO.

I totally agree about it looking great on pretty much anything and if you want to save yourself a few quid and have a similar look, then you could always pick up a WatchGecko version in the meantime!

I was just in the boutique as they had e-mailed me to say my Speedy Tuesday magazine and 1171 had arrived but I'm still undecided on the bracelet. They offered to put it on the watch for me so that I could see the combination in the metal but then came back upstairs to say the 633s would need to be filed down slightly to get the right fit so they're going to hold it for me whilst I have a think about it!

Tetlee - Did yours fit "straight out of the box" or did they need to tweak the endlinks too? What is your opinion on the bracelet now? Worth the outlay or expensive for what it is?

All the best,

Paul

No I didn't file my 633 end links. They were a tight fit the first time but have swapped it since and is easy after being fitted so can't see why or where they would need filing.

I really like the 1171, more now than when I first fitted it(wearing it as I type). It is a little rattly and feels very different to the modern bracelets, but I think it's actually very comfortable as there's more movement to the bracelet than the modern ones if that makes sense.

Hard to describe but it has a vintage charm to it.

Thanks Tetlee - I was dealing with the boutique manager so not as if it was some trainee who had never fitted a bracelet before. Very strange...

I appreciate your feedback - it has been a while since I owned my vintage Speedy with a bracelet and had forgotten quite how rattly they are (and they certainly weren't anything like 300 quid to buy back then either!)

I reckon I'll bite the bullet and cough up (and then blame you when I change back to one of the straps after a few days...!)

All the best,

Paul

I bought a 1171 from SC and sourced some new 633 endlinks from Cousins. They did need some filing down, which I did by running the edges over some grey GarryFlex. It only took 10 minutes and wasn't difficult to ensure that all the edges were straight.

It's my favourite combination on the usual Speedy and looks like it will be the same on the ST.
    Last edited by dkpw; 31st July 2017 at 14:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Given they've only started shipping, who knows if this is going to be isolated case or not.
    Well, even the 60th on their website is either photo'd off-angle, or the bezel is 'out' a bit. To me the 60 is off slightly clockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I really like the 1171, more now than when I first fitted it(wearing it as I type). It is a little rattly and feels very different to the modern bracelets, but I think it's actually very comfortable as there's more movement to the bracelet than the modern ones if that makes sense.

Hard to describe but it has a vintage charm to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    It's my favourite combination on the usual Speedy and looks like it will be the same on the ST.

You guys win... It definitely works!

All the best,

Paul

Good stuff Paul, I can sleep easy now that I'm not going to be blamed for you not liking it Looks great!

Just received a magazine - no doubt sent out to keep up the interest, during the long wait.....

I imagine some will keep the magazine in a hermetically sealed plastic bag, to form part of a "full set" when the watch is flipped.

I intend to read the magazine and wear the watch.

Right. It's time I made an admission. I'm excited about my Speedy Tuesday which I'm still patiently waiting for. I've read a lot about it. I ordered one as I like the look and not for any historic link to a previous Speedmaster or anything else.
    But in my reading the same thing keeps coming up and I've no idea what the hell it means. I know it's a common phrase in watches but this is the first time it's been relevant to me.
    What the bleedin heck is a radial dial? Even google doesn't seem to really help. Please break it down into simple language as I've not got a clue and the only thread I could find anywhere online made no sense to a simpleton like me!

Thanks!

Master

There you go.
    You can see this pattern on the white subdials. This is a radial finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Eh? The radial reference regards the arrangement of the numbers on the subdials, not patterns of circles. It stems from a prototype watch which NASA requested with a clearer number display.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Eh? The radial reference regards the arrangement of the numbers on the subdials, not patterns of circles. It stems from a prototype watch which NASA requested with a clearer number display.
    This

Aha! So you mean the fact on the right hand sub-dial the 15 faces "out" but the 20 faces "in"?

I'm finally there I think!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Unlight View Post
    Sorry if it's been asked before but has anyone found a decent cheapish strap like the brown leather with white stiching that comes with the speedy tuesday?
    I have one of these on my FOIS

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/172411837199?_mwBanner=1

Not the best strap I've ever had, but does the job.

I'm not contradicting you, but many people think it means what the poster above you posited. Google pictures of 'radial subdials' and you'll see a load of images depicting the little concentric circles.

Craftsman
    Wondered how long it would be before Watchfinder had another ST for sale POA

Anybody want to guess? More than 10k or less than 10k

They quoted me between £6,000-£6,250 when I did an enquiry for selling one. If it's £10k that's a big markup!

I didn't do it of course, was just curious.

Steve

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    They quoted me between £6,000-£6,250 when I did an enquiry for selling one. If it's £10k that's a big markup!

I didn't do it of course, was just curious.

Steve
    For selling one! Bloody hell how many have you got?

No.80 I believe sold through WF, they were looking for offers over 10k

Only the one!

Steve

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I'm "on the list" (although promised to someone else) but I've not received a book???

Master
    Any chance we could occasionally mention the watch rather than profits. I can't help wondering whether the white sub dials will make the main hands harder to read.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Any chance we could occasionally mention the watch rather than profits. I can't help wondering whether the white sub dials will make the main hands harder to read.
    No-one is seriously buying that monstrosity for any other reason though?

The subdials are actually silver rather than white, naturally it does effect legibility but a couple of days on the wrist you soon get used to it. I've never struggled to read the time with more than a 2 seconds glance put it that way.

Craftsman

Do you mean hunt the hour hand?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post

Just had an email from them, "offers over 9K please". Ok they didn't say please!!

Master
    [QUOTE=Coronet king;4468056]

Yes, that's my concern...

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=paskinner;4468120]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post

Yes, that's my concern...
    For a very quick glance you may have a point but for just 1 second longer you don't 😀

I can see where your coming from but for normal everyday use its not a problem.

Having said that I've only worn the watch twice

It is only a problem for 16hrs of the day, i wouldnt worry too much :)

I got a call today...

To say my Snoopy strap and clasp have arrived.

Craftsman
    How many do we reckon have been delivered? 500-750? That's still a lot of watches to get through in 6 weeks!

With the amount of new models Omega have released recently it is hardly surprising they are struggling to deliver.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    With the amount of new models Omega have released recently it is hardly surprising they are struggling to deliver.
    Surely they take that into account before giving out delivery times

Master
    Is it just me or do you think a lot of the forum is in limbo at the moment waiting for delivery of these.
    I think its got people holding off buying stuff on SC etc until we know what we've got with these.
    I"m not sure if it's happened before with so many awaiting delivery of a watch.
    That and I'm now seriously bored waiting for it.

Blog Entries
    Come end of September I think the market will be awash with these, all the flippers are going to get them at the same time .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Is it just me or do you think a lot of the forum is in limbo at the moment waiting for delivery of these.
    I think its got people holding off buying stuff on SC etc until we know what we've got with these.
    I"m not sure if it's happened before with so many awaiting delivery of a watch.
    That and I'm now seriously bored waiting for it.
    I have to agree. From personal experience, I felt very happy to have secured a slot for the ST on the day of launch. Several (lost count) months later, that joy has worn off and has been replaced with a fair degree of boredom. In the meantime, I secured a 60th anniversary Speedy which is due in a week or so. The ST has now lost any allure.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Come end of September I think the market will be awash with these, all the flippers are going to get them at the same time .
    At this moment I have to agree with you. It has got me wondering whether the Snoopy LE, at this stage of it's release cycle, was met with the similar scepticism, or was that release a must-have for collectors from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I have to agree. From personal experience, I felt very happy to have secured a slot for the ST on the day of launch. Several (lost count) months later, that joy has worn off and has been replaced with a fair degree of boredom. In the meantime, I secured a 60th anniversary Speedy which is due in a week or so. The ST has now lost any allure.
    I much prefer the look of the ST to the 60th though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Just had the email to say mine had been dispatched. Out of interest, for those that have received theirs, how long between receiving notification and arrival at the boutique?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Just had the email to say mine had been dispatched. Out of interest, for those that have received theirs, how long between receiving notification and arrival at the boutique?
    Are they being sent out in serial number order? All those I've seen so far are low serial numbers yet Omega said they are being produced at random. They do seem to be coming out in small batches which seems odd given the size of the manufacturer. The last communication said they'd be shipped throughout September, but surely there's quite a way to go yet...

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Are they being sent out in serial number order? All those I've seen so far are low serial numbers yet Omega said they are being produced at random. They do seem to be coming out in small batches which seems odd given the size of the manufacturer. The last communication said they'd be shipped throughout September, but surely there's quite a way to go yet...

Ant
    Can't remember the number in all honesty. Just received an email to say it's left omega, and they'll be in touch once it's ready to collect.