closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Return from Sinn service

Craftsman

Return from Sinn service

Back in January I fought through the only snow of the year around London to drop my 142 in through Page and Cooper for a service at Sinn, and was quoted 20-24 weeks lead time. It seemed unusually long for a service, but I was told it's just to be safe and they would hope for it to be slightly less.

Fast forward about 7 months and my watch finally made its way back to me last week!

Going back through my emails I dropped it at P&C on 13th Jan, I received an email from Sinn confirming they had received and were looking at it on 27th Jan, then a note it would be ready for return to me on 9th August . As I was away at the time I've only just received the watch.

I've no problem with Page and Cooper, they set a low expectation on service timing at the outset and replied promptly to my emails when I sent them. They even sent me a free NATO. Sinn returned the watch in the nicest service pouch I've ever had!

I'm just wondering if there is any manufacturer taking longer over a service! Start to finish (excluding my own delay due to my holiday) was 30 weeks!

Pic of the lovely service case...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I once sent my U1 back for a warrantee issue
    Sinn turned it around in 3 weeks if I remember.
    7 months is a long time but not that unusual as I understand when compared to some other brands, or even independents. Not enough watch makers and too many watches I guess.
    Re the service cases they are very nice, I use one as a sunglasses case, they are the perfect size for wayfarers.

Craftsman
    Good idea. Think one of my kids might just have claimed it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nellyh View Post
    Good idea. Think one of my kids might just have claimed it

Admit it, they are yours really ;)

Craftsman
    If only I was young enough to carry them off!

My UX was with them for about three months, came back late July and I wasnt convinced they had fixed the fault so sent it back first week of August and it arrived back yesterday apparently sorted (Its now being worn every day to see if it is now OK). I sent them an email to ask if they had found the fault (the receipt isnt exactly clear, just says it was serviced again) and today they asked for my patience whilst they move to their new premises and will answer my question when they can. So slightly mysterious but it was returned very quickly with them paying the carriage in both directions.
    Keith

Craftsman
    What's so special about Sinn 142 that requires so much time to service? Parts made out of unobtainium or something?

I sent an old Breitling chronomat in and it took 18 months I think so 7 seems grand to me

Sent from my XT1562 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I had my 142 serviced by Brendan and it took two weeks