closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LIP super compressor service

LIP super compressor service

Morning all.

I purchased this LIP super compressor from SuperC (Jaap) off this very forum in January last year and it's been a great watch. I had the battery changed late last year but over the last 3 months or so I noticed it losing time and today it finally stopped. I'm thinking a battery should last a lot longer than 12 months or so, so I'm reckoning it may need a service. Does anyone here have any recommendations for anyone that would be able to service this please?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I have a couple of these, the battery should be good for 2 to 3 years if it is the right reference. Sometimes watchmakers fit an equivalent which is not close enough. When I get home tonight I'll post the right reference and a good online seller, I suggest you try a new, correct battery before paying for a service. These movements were very accurate at the start, but with time the contacts wear out and this can't really be regulated.

Excellent, thank you. Out of interest do you change out the batteries yourself and if so what tools do you use? I've never attempted to remove the back off any of my watches.

The correct battery is a Renata 301, the 'equivalents' are a slightly different shape apparently and don't quite fit. However it has to be the old 301, the seller below explains that the new ones are different.

This is the one you need (good seller, speaks English and ships internationally)

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/2-X-pile-301-...ontres_Montres

I change them myself - the difficulty is getting the back off as it needs a special tool, I bought a repro on ebay which works well enough.

Edit - I just realised that there are no batteries showing available, you could contact her and ask if she is getting anymore in.

I bought a reproduction back opening key like this one

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LIP-NAUTIC-La...UAAOxyLN9Sg6V8
    Last edited by SimonK; 4th September 2017 at 15:14.

Thank you for the info Simon. Just looking at the battery type and came across some information saying that 387S batteries can be used with a spacer ring. Do you have any idea if this is true or not as it seems these are more readily available.

Dunno, I had the same problem as you - short battery life, then I found Elisabeth's Ebay store and started buying from her. As I said, she speaks English so you could drop her a line, or I'll do it if you want.

I'll try dropping her a line tonight. I maybe going blind / daft or both but I thought there was a translate button or something on eBay pages.

Oh yes, I've ordered that tool you linked to as well. Thanks

if you do need a service then Paul at Electric Watches is your man - http://electric-watches.co.uk

He did my Nautic-Ski a few months ago. Very knowledgable chap and very reasonable cost-wise too.

Here's her online shop on Ebay UK.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KD89-FR

Thank you both for the time and information.