closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insured shipment from the U.K. to the Netherlands

Insured shipment from the U.K. to the Netherlands

Ok, I hope this thread doesn't sound to selfish.

I'm living in the Netherlands and recently missed out two great watches because a U.K. resident was not able to ship insured to the Netherlands.

Dutch Royal Mail offers a service to insure a package up to €5500 for only €25 (give or take). But only when it's shipped from the Netherlands so can't be used the other way round.

Does any of you know how U.K. residents can ship a watch insured for a normal price?

Thanks in advance! (Not only from me but also from fellow Dutch watch collectors).

have a look at this recent thread:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...gh-value-watch

Especially #21; RM domestic up to £2500, RM International only £250

/L

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I believe DHL cover up to £4K

This is a difficult one Emile, but so far I've found that the well known couriers are quite expensive and third party insurance is both expensive and not widely available. Thanks to a kind forum member I now know that mbe is a good option. If you use the search function I think there's a thread about it. Good luck!

Came here to recommend mail boxes etc (MBE) they quoted me £35 for a 5k value watch to go to Sweden.
    The nice thing is that they package and photograph contents etc as part of the inclusive insurance

Craftsman
    Another vote for MBE - used twice - insurance is not cheap, offers choice of carrier - both of mine went FedEx and that had no issues..

al

EasyJet. Jump on a midweek afternoon flight for 45 mins and meet in Schipol airport for a F2F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I've sold to a member in Sweden who has bought many watches from here over £1K and he just told me to send with tracking and any loss would be on his side, seems he has had no issues so far.

Thank you all for the reactions!

Will try MBE next time!