closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A first for me... RADO (Captain Cook)

The first attractive rado I've seen ever, I actually like the smaller size has a vintage look to it.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

That is actually ain't bad at all.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sinncollector View Post
    also a first for me, never considered rado before... but love the looks of it, even though it's smaller than my normal pieces (38.5-44mm):

It's a compact and bijoux eye-catcher. No doubt about it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I really like it and might even consider buying one. Anybody seen a dealer, London preferably, with one in the window?

I rarely give much thought to mid-price brands as I'm more likely to buy Seiko at one end then Rolex or Omega at the other. Having said that, and never having rated Rado before, this (in the smaller size) is a really lovely thing. Rather better than the equivalent Oris which either have those very stylized arabics, or is too big. Really nicely done.

Dave

I really like the smaller version... if i could get it at a discount or secondhand i would be very tempted!

Nice pics as well... has the modern vintage look i do like!

Master
    Not particularly a Rado fan either, but had a look at a couple of ADs to see if I could spot One. No luck yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    thanks for the kind words... here in singapore it only just landed and was able to grab the first one in one of the watches of switzerland branches. luckily i work nearby but anyway my agent said more coming in 2-3 weeks. it listed for equivalent of £1416 and i only managed to get 20% off that list

would have liked to compare it with the 45mm with almost the same colour scheme but with titanum case in matte finish. unfortunately that one is not in yet and they told me need to order

Craftsman
    Looks great on your wrists! Great size, do you know what the thickness of the watch is?

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I really like the smaller version... if i could get it at a discount or secondhand i would be very tempted!

Nice pics as well... has the modern vintage look i do like!
    W44nne (or something) had one for sale on SC I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Looks great on your wrists! Great size, do you know what the thickness of the watch is?
    thanks! the thickness is at 11.1cm

Apprentice
    Looks very nice what you can nit tell for early rado desigbe

Really digging these. Great choice.

Journeyman
    that's really nice, not heard of Rado before and usually don't like material straps but that looks mint. nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful retro diver. I like the idea of the rotating logo.

A handsome watch is that. A bit of a Blancpain FF about it, but for me on pure looks it trumps the FF

Master
    This is very in keeping with the original Rado CC as opposed to other companies trying to make reasonable retro looking watches. The original CC's were selling for a premium price not too long ago as well. Watchcarefully has a site you where you can read about the old Rados and there is also the Rado forum at EOT watch forum were he used to post probably still does but I don't go very much anymore. I will agree at the very least it should have been 39mm for those of us with larger wrists.

On the other hand I always preferred the latter version of the CC due to it's case style and colors not as popular with the Rado enthusiasts. It would be great if they made the MKII style it would be on my radar. The pic below has been gracefully borrowed from the internet.

Journeyman
    Capt looks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Clearly a success as a few more variations have popped up:

https://www.rado.com/collections/hyp...e-captain-cook

Good to see Rado on the forum, not a name that appears that often as a topic. Good to see they have brought back the rotating anchor, love that on my Rado Green Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    Good to see Rado on the forum, not a name that appears that often as a topic. Good to see they have brought back the rotating anchor, love that on my Rado Green Horse.

I was just skimming through their wider collection - some nice looking watches in there... - this for example is completely derivative - but second-hand with the terrible resale accounted for, I could quite fancy it...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    This is very in keeping with the original Rado CC as opposed to other companies trying to make reasonable retro looking watches. The original CC's were selling for a premium price not too long ago as well. Watchcarefully has a site you where you can read about the old Rados and there is also the Rado forum at EOT watch forum were he used to post probably still does but I don't go very much anymore. I will agree at the very least it should have been 39mm for those of us with larger wrists.

On the other hand I always preferred the latter version of the CC due to it's case style and colors not as popular with the Rado enthusiasts. It would be great if they made the MKII style it would be on my radar. The pic below has been gracefully borrowed from the internet.

Your wishes came true is coming.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/bas...n-4695725.html