closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer - Electronic Warranty ?

Master

Tag Heuer - Electronic Warranty ?

Hello

Firstly, I am new here, so hello...

I plan to do the hello and here is my watch collection post shortly...

I have a question about the latest arrival, which is a Tag Heuer, specifically .....

here

The warranty card is not the usual, it just has a 12 character alpha numeric string and a QR code.
    ie X1XX-2X2X-XXX3

It is not singed or stamped etc.
    Ernest Jones tell me this is the new way Tag do it, and has been introduced the last two weeks.
    I cant find much evidence to support this on Tag's website, so that conversation will go into next week...

I wondered if any of you had a similar experience or had gotten the same type of warranty card on a Tag purchase?

Also, how can we tell it is actually registered ...

Thanks in advance

James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnw View Post
    I have a question about the latest arrival, which is a Tag Heuer, specifically .....

here
    Welcome but can't help I'm afraid.

Interesting that Ernest Jones describe your watch as having a tachymeter bezel!

Journeyman
    Hi, hope I can just help on this.

To clarify this is the new Tag Heuer Warranty, has a barcode too on it. I found out about this anround 2 months ago. A very clever idea but also not so. Has major downsides.

Basically, the retailer scans/enters the code in and logs the warranty card and therefore activating it for the Tag Heuer warranty period. This is then logged in there database. The idea is you cannot tamper with the warranty dates and leave them blank therefore putting an end to people bulk selling and not stamping the cards and so on - meaning the potential customer can get stuffed.

Not sure if you can scan it or type it yourself online - but there are faults such as the cards not being clear to which watch if you have a few and so on.

Hope this helps and reassures you to what you have.

The warranty card on my 3 year old Breitling is a digital affair.

Master
    thanks for the replies.

Bit hard to know when it turns up without explanation, and as said has no visual link to the watch..

The card does seem a bit vague, and it is annoying that as an owner (or propsective used buyer) you cant see proof of warranty.

With regards ernest jones, i think I trust their descriptions about as much I do that they actually successfully submitted the warranty details...

But hopefully I will be proven wrong.

thanks for the replies.

Bit hard to know when it turns up without explanation, and as said has no visual link to the watch..

The card does seem a bit vague, and it is annoying that as an owner (or propsective used buyer) you cant see proof of warranty.

With regards ernest jones, i think I trust their descriptions about as much I do that they actually successfully submitted the warranty details...

But hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Recentyly I have purchased used Tag Heuer Carrera with such warranty card. Is there anyway to check online more details about warranty dates etc?
    There is no dates and anything on the cards.

I bought a new aquaracer for myself last Christmas. This was an "un- dated" card, so I assume they are indeed electonic or some other wizardry these days!

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    I bought a new aquaracer for myself last Christmas. This was an "un- dated" card, so I assume they are indeed electonic or some other wizardry these days!
    Yes, it`s electronic. They are activating it when selling.

I am wondering if we could on our own/online check somehow purchase date or something like that.

Master
    I went on the Tag Heuer website and found their customer services email.

I emailed them in details, and they sent me confirmation of the warranty being activated.

I have done it twice now, so they have been quite helpful.

I went on the Tag Heuer website and found their customer services email.

I emailed them in details, and they sent me confirmation of the warranty being activated.

I have done it twice now, so they have been quite helpful.
    Will do the same. Thank you.