closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    As they source watches do you need to consider possible import costs should the watch come from outside the EU?

I am looking at a Brietling which has huge discount but I assumed it came from an EU source - if I had to add VAT then not such a good deal
    Their prices include VAT

Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    Their prices include VAT
    That's something although this thread doesn't paint the rosiest picture

Journeyman
    I've completed a sale through Chronext, given them my bank details on the 25th, it's been 5 days now and after a few emails I've still heard nothing from them, anyone has any advice on what to do from here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took 5-10 days before they replied to my order but since the process started and despite taking longer than the "advertised" two weeks, communications have been excellent. Watch was due to be delivered yesterday although UPS failed to show - if it turns up today it has been about 7-8 weeks in all.

Apprentice
    I'm currently in middle of dealing with them. I ordered a used Nomos Orion 309 to their London Boutique last week, which turned up today, however they sent a 301 (SS back). The guys in there were very apologetic and said they would get on the case. By time I had got back to work they had emailed me offering £100 off of the price for a new 309, which I've just taken them up on. By ordering a used I was avoiding their so called 2 week wait time, now there will be a lot of finger crossing over the next couple of weeks!

Good customer service through the handling of the mix up, although I'm lucky I work on the same street as their boutique.

Just finished the purchase of a Rolex Explorer 2 from Chronext. Thoroughly good service. Took about 6 weeks from start to finish (advertised as 4 weeks on the website) but they kept me updated at all stages. Finished the purchase in their London boutique and was very satisfied.

Would recommend them.

Master
    I may be interested in buying a used watch from them do you know if the TZ discount will be taken? Also does anyone know the latest position on this and code? Let’s hope I fair better than a few on here, I would hope so being used as it would be in stock.

Thanks all and merry Xmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s Christmas and they are based in Germany so I can understand delays, if you pay full price in the UK then I wouldn’t expect a delay.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I just had a email my watch is on its.
    at the same time they have sent me a return label from Germany (I don’t have a printer just now) to return my other watch to them for a service check that also arrived today.
    They are so polite and efficient,I rate them very highly.

Master
    I am also expecting the email today after I spoke to a very polite woman on the phone this morning confirming it would be leaving ‘their house’ today by UPS

I also asked about the tracking number and was told the same as below in the screenshot - that these are not sent due to security reasons. Very odd really, but then last week I was told I couldn’t go on a water slide with my young son due to security reasons (even though max weight was 136Kg) - and no, I am not over 136Kg 😀

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I am also expecting the email today after I spoke to a very polite woman on the phone this morning confirming it would be leaving ‘their house’ today by UPS

I also asked about the tracking number and was told the same as below in the screenshot - that these are not sent due to security reasons. Very odd really, but then last week I was told I couldn’t go on a water slide with my young son due to security reasons (even though max weight was 136Kg) - and no, I am not over 136Kg 
    I dont get the security reasons either?

I was turned away from an almost empty bar the other day as i had entered after 12.30,I would love to see that business plan or maybe that was security as well.

It seems the worlds gone mad some days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It seems the worlds gone mad some days.
    Both nations and businesses are seemingly increasingly politically-correcting themselves out of economically sustainable existence.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Both nations and businesses are seemingly increasingly politically-correcting themselves out of economically sustainable existence.
    My local council handyman and the removal firm I hired where not allowed in my boarded over loft with fixed ladder due to health and safety.

Master
    I’ve had a tracking number off them in the past but also got this email from them today which I thought was odd

Blog Entries
    My local council handyman and the removal firm I hired where not allowed in my boarded over loft with fixed ladder due to health and safety.
    Haha, bonkers isn't it.

Craftsman
    Another happy customer here, bought in their Christmas sale, got a bargain and it arrived today as quoted and perfect condition so im chuffed. Also for a 2013 watch it looks spanking new and had everything but a bezel protector.
    I expected it late with the new year an all that, and when they contacted me yesterday to say it was dispatched I too thought it was bizarre to not disclose the tracking number ‘due to security reasons’?

Master
    I also got the confirmation yesterday that it has been shipped via UPS - should I expect for it to arrive today?

I don't understand why they can't include tracking details for "for security reasons".

Parcel Pro advise never to give the tracking number to a buyer. Apparently some couriers will allow the package to be rerouted to a different address with the tracking number so I can see why some sellers might withhold this info.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with RMSD.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    Another happy customer here, bought in their Christmas sale, got a bargain and it arrived today as quoted and perfect condition so im chuffed. Also for a 2013 watch it looks spanking new and had everything but a bezel protector.
    I expected it late with the new year an all that, and when they contacted me yesterday to say it was dispatched I too thought it was bizarre to not disclose the tracking number ‘due to security reasons’?
    What did you get?

I am hoping they get to me today.

Quote Originally Posted by dachi View Post
    I don't understand why they can't include tracking details for "for security reasons".
    Because if someone intercepts the tracking information, that package is anonymously trackable by anybody with internet access and someone may be laying in wait for the delivery driver. Presumably they don't insure the packages fully (as this adds so much to the base cost of sending parcels) and are limiting risk in a silly non-effective way.

The alternative scenario is of course that they can't be bothered typing tracking numbers in for everybody, or that worriers will compulsively track their delivery and moan about its progress.

Master
    Mine didn't get shipped yesterday as I was promised, but told again today it will be sent out. I was also told by UPS and should be a 24 service, but a little non committal. He did say that he would send the UPS confirmation though which hopefully includes tracking info so that I have some idea of whether to stay in for it tomorrow

Master
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding service my vintage IWC has just arrived, I wouldn’t know it was second hand unless you told me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have just spoken to one of the very helpful Chronext lady’s after wishing her happy new year in very bad German.

The tracking information isn’t given as if someone else gets hold of the details they can alter the delivery address.
    They always send UPS 24 hours so it should arrive the next day if things go to plan.

It’s very easy to talk to them it’s an English no. that takes you to Koln.

Master
    Thanks - it did arrive today. Overall, I'm very happy. I understand the potential reasons for not incl. tracking details that all makes sense to me now - but they need to include something in their communication about how long they expect it to take to deliver. They say 24 hours on their website but if they just included it in the confirmation email that would settle some minds [or at least mine :)].

I have just spoken to one of the very helpful Chronext lady’s after wishing her happy new year in very bad German.

The tracking information isn’t given as if someone else gets hold of the details they can alter the delivery address.
    They always send UPS 24 hours so it should arrive the next day if things go to plan.

It’s very easy to talk to them it’s an English no. that takes you to Koln.

Craftsman
    What did you get?

I am hoping they get to me today.
    116710 BLNR and like others have said, you wouldn’t know it was used.

Unlike an eBay purchase (Tag Heuer) that also arrived today and is going straight back! - what do people think will happen when they send out a scratched and dirty watch described as ‘excellent’ and ‘well looked after’ ? To$$ers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    I too thought it was bizarre to not disclose the tracking number ‘due to security reasons’?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Parcel Pro advise never to give the tracking number to a buyer. Apparently some couriers will allow the package to be rerouted to a different address with the tracking number so I can see why some sellers might withhold this info.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with RMSD.
    Indeed. UPS is one of the couriers who will allow a package to be redirected using the tracking number (and, if I remember correctly, knowledge of the recipient's details). To my mind, it's an odd decision by UPS. Why allow a package to be redirected? It's asking for trouble. (As is delivering high value items to be collected from hairdressers and dry cleaners, but this is for UPS's convenience of course! :-( ).

I agree that this is not a problem with RMSD (or with any other courier who doesn't allow near-arbitrary redirections with near-publicly available information).

P.S. I should add that not having a tracking number means that one cannot know when the item is likely to arrive so you risk being out at the time. This is a problem with UPS who are all too keen to drop items off at their local collection points (e.g. hair dressers, dry cleaners, etc. that I mentioned above) with no functional option to redeliver to the proper destination. This is further a problem when the collection point cannot or does not recognise the ID that you offer them (and which UPS contractually forces them to require on threat of 'fine').
    Last edited by markrlondon; 3rd January 2018 at 18:01.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks - it did arrive today. Overall, I'm very happy. I understand the potential reasons for not incl. tracking details that all makes sense to me now - but they need to include something in their communication about how long they expect it to take to deliver. They say 24 hours on their website but if they just included it in the confirmation email that would settle some minds [or at least mine :)].
    I suggested that and she said they had allready decided to do this and personally she did allready.

Craftsman
    Apologies if this has been asked before but what are people's experience vs. Using someone like iconic?

I had a great experience and highly recommend them. Paid, they shipped with DHL and arrived in 3 days. I think you need to check if the watch is in stock first, otherwise the wait could be a a few weeks and possibly months in some cases.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of this company. There's a nice red Tudor BB on there but I wanted to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them??
    I've heard good things about them. Just another platform for purchase and sale of watches. My friend visited their london "showroom" and liked what he saw.

Master
    I am getting a bit annoyed with them now. I have called them 5-6 times in the last few days, and they seemed uncertain whether the watch had been sent or not, and I asked to be updated and had nothing. Just spoke to them again, and assured it will be sent out this evening, but I have been told that before and now I have to wait in again for delivery tomorrow.

Glad to hear others had no problems, and when I have spoken to them, they have always been polite, but no watch despite the website saying it would be delivered by 3rd January

Master
    I am in the same boat, awaiting dispatch, no communication on there part. Paid last Thursday told it would be out next day and still nothing. Will not be using again, been on the phone again and again useless. Polite but took offence when I asked if they could multitask and let me know whilst on the phone rather than having to wait for an email from them.
    I will not sue them again ever.

Master
    Another call to them just now and they still don't know whether my watch has been sent. It seems that if all goes according to plan then my are very good, but where there is an issue, they do not know how to resolve.

I don't know whether I will receive the watch tomorrow, or whether they have lost it as they can't seem to tell me where it is

Master
    Was told I would get a call or email from them by 1800 nothing so got on the phone. I have just got of the phone, still no joy absolutely useless and clearly do not understand empathy or customer relations, reminds of a bad call centre.
    Only read of the script, very efficient at taking my money but beyond that no help. First time and last time I will use them, just have to pray to the watch Gods. I am more annoyed as it was a gift for my partner. I would have bought it in the shop if I had realised how bad they were.

It's the reason I cancelled my order after 3 weeks and got my money back.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post

Was that with a new or secondhand watch?
    Mine is secondhand, so they have it in stock rather than sourcing elsewhere which I think is why they are often delayed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post

Mine is secondhand, so they have it in stock rather than sourcing elsewhere which I think is why they are often delayed

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post

- - - Updated - - -

New one, agreed on 2nd hand it should be supplied ex stock.