closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Hybrid View

used to prefer damasko for the small production and relative scarcity, plus the fact that they were a true geek tool watch made by a german aeronautical wizard in his shed. .
    but i think they have lost heir way recently . none of their recent models appeal to me.
    mind you, i also think sinn have lost their way a bit too.
    main thing that stops me from buying one of the damasko is the poor lume, plus the excessive outer ar on my old 36 meant i was wiping the watch every five minutes.
    the older damasko have a slightly more industrial, less refined edge than the sinn in terms of the design
    materials and execution are pretty good though, maybe they even have the slight edge over the sinn.
    customer service from damasko can be patchy, maybe because they are such a small outfit, but also because initially at least i don't think the focus was on the customer.
    I've never heard anything bad about sinns customer service though
    just my 0.02 german reichmarks
    Last edited by seikopath; 9th November 2017 at 09:44.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    used to prefer damasko for the small production and relative scarcity, plus the fact that they were a true geek tool watch made by a german aeronautical wizard in his shed. .
    but i think they have lost heir way recently . none of their recent models appeal to me.
    mind you, i also think sinn have lost their way a bit too.
    main thing that stops me from buying one of the damasko is the poor lume, plus the excessive outer ar on my old 36 meant i was wiping the watch every five minutes.
    the older damasko have a slightly more industrial, less refined edge than the sinn in terms of the design
    materials and execution are pretty good though, maybe they even have the slight edge over the sinn.
    customer service from damasko can be patchy, maybe because they are such a small outfit, but also because initially at least i don't think the focus was on the customer.
    I've never heard anything bad about sinns customer service though
    just my 0.02 german reichmarks
    Thanks for that, I had read a little about Damasko customer service and UK service issues, not ideal but probably not enough to turn me away, obviously the dc66 and 757utc are very similar beasts and some variant of either one will likely be where I end up.
    Good chance I’ll purchase pre owned for obvious saving on price plus I fear I’d be too precious with a shiny new model so availability second hand will also be a factor....
    Did see a 756 diapal on a bracelet on eBay for what initially looked like a decent price but don’t know good/bad issues of that model and then noticed 0% feedback, I’ll probably avoid.

I think damasko used can be a great bargain, probably because they are less well known than sinn
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.