closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLNR issues

BLNR issues

I've had my BLNR for almost exactly three years, purchased in Mappin and Webb in Cambridge on the 23rd of November 2014.

It's worn pretty in-frequently...in a 12 month period it's maybe only worn 2-3 months in total.

I put it on yesterday, set the time and date as normal at about 8.30 in the morning, by 10.30 it had stopped running. Pulling the crown out didn't have the usual clicks to move to position to change the time and the crown moved freely both in and out and around with no noticeable resistance or actually doing anything to the hands.

I am going to go back to the shop today....what's my chances of getting this fixed under warranty? I read yesterday that Rolex extended the warranty to 3 years for watches...unfortunately by a matter of days I am outside of that too! Has anyone had any success in getting Rolex to fix issues after the end of the warranty?

Edit
    Last edited by Mathmos; 26th November 2017 at 12:36. Reason: Spelling

Master
    I imagine they’ll say something along the lines of “Service, sir”

Prepare for £500+

Craftsman
    I thought Rolex was 5 year warranty or is that a new thing?

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    If you were able to take it to St. James’s you might be able to put a case forward for a good will repair.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    I thought Rolex was 5 year warranty or is that a new thing?

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app
    5 years from mid 2015.

Rolex are likely to sort it for you for free, if you ask nicely and explain that there's a few days in it - but be nice and ask quickly.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If you were able to take it to St. James’s you might be able to put a case forward for a good will repair.
    Beat me to it.

Try your local AD but if not worth a trip to London.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Did I read that correctly: Good will, Rolex??????
    They didn't have any when they damaged my watch!
    I'm still waiting for someone to phone me back after I called in over a week back...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathmos View Post
    I've had my BLNR for almost exactly three years, purchased in Mappin and Webb in Cambridge on the 23rd of November 2014.

It's worn pretty in-frequently...in a 12 month period it's maybe only worn 2-3 months in total.

I put it on yesterday, set the time and date as normal at about 8.30 in the morning, by 10.30 it had stopped running. Pulling the crown out didn't have the usual clicks to move to position to change the time and the crown moved freely both in and out and around with no noticeable resistance or actually doing anything to the hands.

I am going to go back to the shop today....what's my chances of getting this fixed under warranty? I read yesterday that Rolex extended the warranty to 3 years for watches...unfortunately by a matter of days I am outside of that too! Has anyone had any success in getting Rolex to fix issues after the end of the warranty?

Edit
    I have a couple of times , if possible take the watch in to RSC St James and explain the situation and ask to speak with the service manager .

If it's not possible phone up and ask to speak with the service manager again explaining the situation along with how infrequently the watch is worn and how disappointed you are etc .

GMTC were known for having a few issues/niggles and I'm thinking that yours is similar if not the same to quite a few others ,I'd be very surprised if this wasn't sorted with the minimum of fuss .

Just lucky I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    never heard of that happening before??

I took my gmtc at least 4 years out of warranty to an ad, it had developed a wobbly hour hand which was an known issue with the movement

Rolex fixed and serviced it free of charge

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to phone me back after I called in over a week back...

Totally agree, that word does not exist in their dictionary

My GMTc was fixed free of charge 8 months out of warranty for the problem of the hands going out of sync.

Blog Entries
    Let’s see what the OP gets from Rolex in terms of customer experience. Looks like they have enough choices.

1. Send in for Rolex attention and ask if it can be fixed for free as watch is little used and just outside warranty - give all details in letter / email.
    2. Send to Rolex and pay for service.
    3. Maybe if the fault can be shown to be present when bought, could get it fixed under consumer rights? Not a lawyer so don’t quote me on this.

For what it’s worth, I’ve always had excellent service from RSC St James.

Martyn.

Master
    Let's be fair....it's out of guarantee and Rolex have no obligation to repair it for free. Although they might. If you had a good relationship with the dealer, ask him to approach Rolex. A good AD will know who to contact . Hopefully, it wouldn't be expensive anyway. Good luck.

Master
    You got a hot wife/girlfriend/sister to help with the goodwill?

If it’s considered some sort of design fault, they’ll fix it free of charge,

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I had a similar issue with my GMT a few years ago. It was out of warranty if I recall correctly. Following some good advice from this forum, I took it to St James , explained the situatio. They repaired it free of charge , great service from Rolex.

Journeyman
    Shame.

I would go to a local AD and explain. Hopefully Rolex will fix it gratis or at least give you a reduced cost service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

It's a few years since I tested their 'goodwill' - but on that occasion, got a brand new Oyster bracelet on my 1980 GMT-Master............. for £17.

Al

Craftsman
    Def worth a trip to St James - may save you a few ££££

They are super hit and miss with their generosity. It all depends on the mood of the person you deal with when you walk in.

I’ve never enjoyed visiting St James’ if I am honest. It’s a little stuffy and I’ve always been treated with suspicion, goodness knows why.