closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Bitcoin

Question for all.

It seems pretty clear that most of us are looking at other coins rather than sticking with Bitcoin..
    Now.. I was looking at a video on YouTube which explain (if I understand correctly), that we shouldn’t be looking at USD levels to any given coin (i.e USD/ETH) but rather at Satochi levels.. which is basically comparing any given coin to bitcoin value..

The question is: how do you go about, what is your thought process when it come to invest in altcoin?

Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/FkKYuoRg6jM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    Question for all.

It seems pretty clear that most of us are looking at other coins rather than sticking with Bitcoin..
    Now.. I was looking at a video on YouTube which explain (if I understand correctly), that we shouldn’t be looking at USD levels to any given coin (i.e USD/ETH) but rather at Satochi levels.. which is basically comparing any given coin to bitcoin value..

The question is: how do you go about, what is your thought process when it come to invest in altcoin?

Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/FkKYuoRg6jM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sensible advice that I've read/looked at seems to centre on the fundamentals of any investment - do some research and understand the technology, the team, the market etc as far as you can as opposed to just chasing the next thing that is running away. It can be hard to do when you have to wait for a few days to get your funds into place sometimes.

This site is quite useful - https://coinmarketcap.com - from here you can get all kinds of info on each of the major (and minor) coins, charts etc.

Having said all that, Bitcoin still seems to be where the action is at. The altcoins allow some diversification and might be good for longer term bets. Still early days on this for me and I'm the wiser heads on here will have a good perspective.

Bitcoin's getting all the glory but surely at this stage it might be worth looking at some of the others...Does anyone here have any suggestions/hunches for any currencies (excluding Bitcoin) have still have some growth left in them?

Edit: Thanks for the coinmarketcap link above - that was very useful to help in my question..
    Last edited by vulcangascompany; 15th December 2017 at 17:59.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Bitcoin's getting all the glory but surely at this stage it might be worth looking at some of the others...Does anyone here have any suggestions/hunches for any currencies (excluding Bitcoin) have still have some growth left in them?

Edit: Thanks for the coinmarketcap link above - that was very useful to help in my question..

I posted the below on 7th December, since then I've made some nice profit on all and amazing % gains just in the days since posting!

I always think that BTC has topped out, but it consistently gives me the biggest profit. I try to balance my holdings but should have just stuck more into BTC [with the exception of ETH]. But for me ETH is the big one, it has outgained BTC this year and is still so cheap in comparison. I'm going to be sticking a lot more into in the coming year.

But for anyone telling you a sure fire thing, it is not that easy!

edit: I've just checked my XRP holdings, no idea what happened in the last day or two for the jump!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_r View Post

I just put a lump sum in and split it between BTC, ETH and LTC and have done a few small top-ups since then. I've started putting really small regular amounts [£50 or so] into some of the smaller currencies and will gradually build them up if and when they become more viable. OMG, XRP and IOTA are part of that for me.

I'm firmly in the holding stage at the moment, it is still difficult and clunky to buy cryptocurrencies, not to mention stupid limits and verification stages - so it doesn't have an easy entry point. When it does, I can see the market growing even more...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_r View Post
    I posted the below on 7th December, since then I've made some nice profit on all and amazing % gains just in the days since posting!

I always think that BTC has topped out, but it consistently gives me the biggest profit. I try to balance my holdings but should have just stuck more into BTC [with the exception of ETH]. But for me ETH is the big one, it has outgained BTC this year and is still so cheap in comparison. I'm going to be sticking a lot more into in the coming year.

But for anyone telling you a sure fire thing, it is not that easy!

edit: I've just checked my XRP holdings, no idea what happened in the last day or two for the jump!!!
    Nice work!