closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch tools

Journeyman

Watch tools

Where do you lot get your watch tools from and any recommendations, warnings etc ?

Craftsman
    Watching with interest. I really should pick up some tools.

What work do you want to do on your watches?

I picked up a kit from eBay for about a tenner, works fine for removing/adding links, nothing special but has saved me about £50 so far as it was costing me a tenner a go to have links removed, saves me a trip to town also.

Got my bracelet pin remover here: https://www.tickintimeworldofwatchto...pins-683-p.asp

All metal construction.

For spring bar tool - Bergeon 6767F https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...ar-tool-6767-f
    For screwed links a Bergeon 1.6mm (i think! but width depends on your watch in question) off eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-6...8AAOSw7FRWapLO

Caseback remover - any of the 3 claw metal ones works well for me: eg: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watch-Rep...QAAOSw4A5Yvsst

Beyond that... I send mine off to someone less likely to mess it up! ie. Only bracelet and battery work for me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    What work do you want to do on your watches?

Nothing special just batteries, straps, basic stuff really at the moment. I may delve further into things as time goes on.
    I expect a cheapy kit off amazon would do for the time being although I expect they're very poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
    Is cousins not for trade only?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by degsey View Post
    Is cousins not for trade only?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    It is but if you just register, it makes little to no difference. They want to sell stuff to you either way.
    Make a note of their returns policy. It states "No Returns" and that means none.

I think the trade only aspect of it is so they are dealing business to business and the consumer rights don’t come into play. Order very carefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Purchased a spring bar tool off Amazon.

Journeyman

I did and came up with nothing, obviously used it wrong.

Craftsman
    Eternaltools.com is another for me. Cousins and amazon as already mentioned above.

Craftsman
    I used H S Walsh recently via their ebay shop. They were the cheapest I found for Bergeon 6767 and delivery time was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    It is but if you just register, it makes little to no difference. They want to sell stuff to you either way.
    Make a note of their returns policy. It states "No Returns" and that means none.
    I was registered with them before and ordered some omega parts and it was all good. I seem to remember them asking if I was in the trade at some point.

Anyway have just ordered a few bits from them today which were not expensive so not too much to loose if there are any issues.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk