closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC deal gone up the pictures ? Advice required please

Master

SC deal gone up the pictures ? Advice required please

Hello all,

Looking for some advice with regard to a recent deal I agreed for the purchase of a watch via SC from an established member with good H&V feedback who seems to have gone AWOL with no contact for the last 2 weeks.

Is it against forum etiquette to contact Eddie for advice ?

Why bother Eddie? He has got enough on his plate. Just my 2p
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Might be best just naming the member and asking if anyone has heard from him/has alternate contact details for him?

Presumably you have sent PMs with no response?
    In which case, study the member's recent activity. If they have been on the forum since your PMs then maybe an appeal in G&D to ask for any knowledge.
    With no idea of any circumstances, I can't say what has gone on here but there are many possibilities for there being a reasonable explanation, such as an unexpected life crisis or a power outage.
    It's not an Eddie thing; I think we are supposed to sort this kind of thing ourselves.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Might be best just naming the member and asking if anyone has heard from him/has alternate contact details for him?
    Don't want to name just yet. The member in question last visited the forum Boxing Day, after my first PM to them asking to confirm status.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Presumably you have sent PMs with no response?
    In which case, study the member's recent activity. If they have been on the forum since your PMs then maybe an appeal in G&D to ask for any knowledge.
    With no idea of any circumstances, I can't say what has gone on here but there are many possibilities for there being a reasonable explanation, such as an unexpected life crisis or a power outage.
    It's not an Eddie thing; I think we are supposed to sort this kind of thing ourselves.
    Ok, thanks. Not been in this situation before, hence the enquiry. And yes, few PM's now and texts to the number I was given, to no avail yet.

From your wording should we be understanding that the sale was agreed but neither of you had acted upon the agreement?

Assuming that's the case, it seems to me that you've two options: wait as long as your enthusiasm for the watch lasts, or write to the seller saying that from the lengthy silence you are now presuming that you are released from the commitment you made to buy it.

You don't say what the issue is, payment made and no delivery, problem with the Watch etc.

I certainly believe in giving the other person the opportunity to respond to the issue. The person could live in an area affected by the weather and have no internet connection and any postage issues are to be expected at this time of year.

I think you just need to keep contacting them for now and if no response then maybe a villain thread.

Master
    Sale was agreed back in early Nov, deposit paid to secure. Probably doesn't help the seller is based abroad but would be back in the U.K. early Dec. Anyway, balance is paid up via BT following seller PMs that they are ready to send and I'm awaiting delivery which should have taken place last week or this week.

I asked for tracking no. Via PM when watch sent. This and other PMs including acknowledgement seller had received balance payment have had no response as yet.

Just getting a little frustrated.

If money has changed hands i can see why you're getting a little scratchy. If it was me, i would just go public and say has anyone seen so and so.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Its a terrible time of year to do business.

Delays,people away etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawbreaker5000 View Post
    Its a terrible time of year to do business.

Delays,people away etc etc.
    If it's for those reasons then you simply don't do the business but if you do don't make dates or arrange times to send items. Things happen we all know that but a simple Pm would ease any worries the OP has.

If the seller has your cash and you don’t have the watch or an explanation weeks later despite him being on forum...

Without naming someone I’m not sure this thread will help you in any way though.

PMs on tablets dont stand out too much - I have noticed.

Easy to miss that there is a PM there.

That said - texts to his phone should have born fruit.

If it's who I think you are referring to he is pretty solid.

Not the best part of the year to buy and if it's being brought back into the UK then the postal service/schedule is pretty strained on the run up and over the 'festive' period.

If you have a contact number why not out a quick call in?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    If it's who I think you are referring to he is pretty solid.
    Assuming I'm thinking along the same lines, you'll be fine with this seller.

I expect that there is a valid reason for the blackout; I'd leave it a bit longer before getting too concerned. Definitely don't try to involve the gaffer, it's got nowt to do with him.

My 2 cents worth. I've had s couple of situations where I've had no response. Turned out the reason was I used the tapatalk PM unknowingly and seller only regularly checked website PMs. Spoken to a couple other people that have also experienced this. Good luck hope it turns out fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    There was a statement made by the seller that Jan delivery would not be possible, hence my concern with a few days left of this year.

Appreciate the feedback gents, will leave a bit longer. Seller has solid rep, circumstances can change, I know that only too well after this year.

As someone who sell in the manner described I always try to keep people informed as much as possible of my movements , availability of post office visit and and reason for a delay - keeps people confident even if things take a little longer to happen .

Try a watch talk - xxx clear your inbox I’m trying to reach you thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    My 2 cents worth. I've had s couple of situations where I've had no response. Turned out the reason was I used the tapatalk PM unknowingly and seller only regularly checked website PMs. Spoken to a couple other people that have also experienced this. Good luck hope it turns out fine

Interesting. As I don’t use tapatalk I would use the website PM only - or txt / phone the seller.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    So,if I understand things correctly,you,paid a holding deposit early November and then the balance by the beginning of December?
    Even if the seller is a good egg and is of good standing I think you are entitled to chase up the watch seeing as you have not received any communication. If the seller is not responding to pms or phone messages,nor instigating any type of comms themselves,then I think you are entitled to name them in order to try and move things along.
    Note: by naming them i am not saying name them as a villain,merely using the opportunity to see if anyone else can get hold of them or knows if there are any reasons as to the lack of contact.

I share your concern if zero response

Money has changed hands

Assume you have rang the number provided multiple times ? To no avail

Do you have an address?

Hopefully he’s just gone off air temporarily or might be dealing with an unavoidable occurrence

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    I share your concern if zero response

Money has changed hands

Assume you have rang the number provided multiple times ? To no avail

Do you have an address?

Hopefully he’s just gone off air temporarily or might be dealing with an unavoidable occurrence
    Contact no. I was given appears not yet to be in service according to the nice Thai lady on the recorded message. No address had been given as there was some obvious international travel arrangement to be made.

Will leave it over the weekend then might have to put out an APB via the forum. Full payment of balance was made 2 weeks ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    So,if I understand things correctly,you,paid a holding deposit early November and then the balance by the beginning of December?
    Even if the seller is a good egg and is of good standing I think you are entitled to chase up the watch seeing as you have not received any communication. If the seller is not responding to pms or phone messages,nor instigating any type of comms themselves,then I think you are entitled to name them in order to try and move things along.
    Note: by naming them i am not saying name them as a villain,merely using the opportunity to see if anyone else can get hold of them or knows if there are any reasons as to the lack of contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Contact no. I was given appears not yet to be in service according to the nice Thai lady on the recorded message. No address had been given as there was some obvious international travel arrangement to be made.
    I have access to TZ on 2xtablets, 4xlaptops and the tapatalk app on my mobile, unless the seller is experiencing some major family/personal issue then 'travelling' is a poor excuse.
    Hopefully the seller is merely guilty of a festive oversight and this works out for all concerned.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I'd post the name, but not to shame. It's very likely that members may have dealt with him previously, or someone k nows him off the forum and they have other means of contacting him.

It could be an easy fix and stop you worrying over NY.

It does not look good but we can give the seller the benefit of the doubt because in the past two weeks I have been pretty ill with sickness and flu myself and had family issues plus Christmas and work to sort. All watch activity has gone on hold. It could be that simple and I hope it is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    It does not look good but we can give the seller the benefit of the doubt because in the past two weeks I have been pretty ill with sickness and flu myself and had family issues plus Christmas and work to sort. All watch activity has gone on hold. It could be that simple and I hope it is.
    Sickness, family issues, Christmas and work, don't we all? that's just life!

If i'd taken a good chunk of someones cash regardless of the 'issues' above I'm sure I'd be conscious of the fact I had a watch to send or PM to reply to,

Obviously we don't know the full story here and it may be something more serious, hope all works out OK for the OP and nothing major for the seller

Master
    Have sent another polite PM tonight as this appears my one and only form of communication. We'll see.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    But I’m sure, despite all that, you were still able to send a text? In my opinion the buyer has every right to be a bit miffed about the lack of contact from the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Interesting thread so because he is an established member don't burn him at the stake ??? but if he wasn't it's OK then. If you have paid in full and he is not responding to you and hasn't sent the watch whether established or not you need to out him as a villain. There are no excuses for lack of response unless he is dead.
    Thats my 2P

Craftsman
    I agree with the above. If you have taken money not much can stop you being able to send a quick PM explaining the situation and giving a new time scale. This puts the buyer at complete ease and not worrying 24 hrs a day. There are not many reasons /excuses that mean you really can’t manage any form of comms.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Gomers, I think it's time to put the cards on the table here.....

I have no real Idea who it is but I have sent a PM (via another forum) to someone that I think it could be, and have 'gently' asked, that he reads this thread.

Are we talking about tens, hundreds or thousands here ?

Quote Originally Posted by krusty View Post
    I have no real Idea who it is but I have sent a PM (via another forum) to someone that I think it could be, and have 'gently' asked, that he reads this thread.
    What? What ? What ?
    I think we're gonna have to give the 'Inspecteur' a ring here..

Nope! Sorry not him.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Are we talking about tens, hundreds or thousands here ?
    Does the amount matter then?

It doesn’t in principle. It does matter a lot in quantifying the level of stress experienced by the OP.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post

Could be this . Even the actual tz app has issues showing new PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Could be this . Even the actual tz app has issues showing new PMs.

He has tried calling and used txt messages without luck, this is not a PM issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Master
    Of course it matters - £20 would not be too much of a loss- £6K plus and the stress level would go through the roof
    It's quite a while to be 'sweating' on a bit of money

Craftsman
    I'm a great believer in once a deal is done, you pay promptly, expect good communication and expect a speedy delivery of goods.
    I've always operated like this and expect the same service back.
    I've not purchased of SC yet (don't know how I've managed not to with all the super watches coming up) but this thread would put me off a little especially sending large sums of money.
    Probably only look at FTF for anything at high value.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It doesn’t in principle. It does matter a lot in quantifying the level of stress experienced by the OP.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Of course it matters - £20 would not be too much of a loss- £6K plus and the stress level would go through the roof
    It's quite a while to be 'sweating' on a bit of money
    Maybe it's just me then. I don't like being turned over for anything.......a principle thing.
    I always check my bill from a supermarket and more often than not, it's wrong. Even if it's 2p out, (has been as much as £2.35) I tell customer services. Probably thousands of customers don't bother. Thousands of 2p+ all going in the supermarket coffers............no wonder they make millions of pounds of profit a year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think I'd be getting a bit annoyed by now - there are very very few excuses for going silent in the middle of a sale

Craftsman
    Maybe it's just me then. I don't like being turned over for anything.......a principle thing.
    I always check my bill from a supermarket and more often than not, it's wrong. Even if it's 2p out, (has been as much as £2.35) I tell customer services. Probably thousands of customers don't bother. Thousands of 2p+ all going in the supermarket coffers............no wonder they make millions of pounds of profit a year.
    Totally agree with you, it's more a principal thing.
    I've known me pick some chewing gum up in the supermarket isle and when I've got to the till is a few pence dearer, I've asked someone from supermarket come with me to the isle to show them price. Lads think I'm cracker's for the sake of a few pence but like you say these add up and it's more for principal.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The main problem is that different people have different attitudes to money. If you buy something from a retailer, you quite rightly expect prompt receipts of orders and money and a high standard of communication.

However if you buy and sell from a private individual, personal attitudes take over.

About two months ago, I decided to declutter, spurred on by a thread on the subject in this forum. I had a BSA motorcycle just gathering dust sitting in the garage doing nothing. I put the word around that I would be willing to let it go and a few days later a complete stranger knocked on my door asking if it was true that I had a bike up for sale. I said yes, he took a look at it and bought it on the spot. He went to his car and paid for the bike in cash. I offered a receipt but he said he trusted me and told me he would collect the bike after Christmas because I was soon off to Spain for 6 weeks and he was off to Tenerife as soon as I returned back home.

The bike is still in my garage, his money is in my bank and he does not have a receipt. That must be as casual as it gets and it just shows how different people have different levels of expectation and trust.

Blog Entries
    I think the OP should name the member as these cryptic threads do not work. There may be a reasonable excuse but a quick message to the OP would save him a lot of stress. Amount IMO is immaterial as the money has been transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I think the OP should name the member as these cryptic threads do not work. There may be a reasonable excuse but a quick message to the OP would save him a lot of stress. Amount IMO is immaterial as the money has been transferred.
    Agree 100%