closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC deal gone up the pictures ? Advice required please

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Totally agree with you, it's more a principal thing.
    I've known me pick some chewing gum up in the supermarket isle and when I've got to the till is a few pence dearer, I've asked someone from supermarket come with me to the isle to show them price. Lads think I'm cracker's for the sake of a few pence but like you say these add up and it's more for principal.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It's fair to say that this sort of thing does not happen that often on SC, because people value their reputation. But the OP has not been treated properly, for whatever reason. It is reasonable for him to name the seller because he has no other means of sorting this out.
    Then, if there is an innocent explanation, he can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It's fair to say that this sort of thing does not happen that often on SC, because people value their reputation. But the OP has not been treated properly, for whatever reason. It is reasonable for him to name the seller because he has no other means of sorting this out.
    Then, if there is an innocent explanation, he can tell us.
    I suspect that if seller is named they'll be dozen posts saying what a good chap he is. Won't help OP at all.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Come on OP...just get on with it and name the seller. Then either
    (a) he/she will spot their name coming up and respond
    (b) someone who is a mate in the real world can get hold of them
    (c) there will still be no contact and nobody will know anything in which case the pitchforks can be issued

If you won't disclose a name (which you are entirely entitled to do at this point) then there is no point to this thread.

If you do name the seller and they turn out to be wrong'un, not only will it help others but with a combined pressure we may be able to help.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    (c) there will still be no contact and nobody will know anything in which case the pitchforks can be issued

If you won't disclose a name (which you are entirely entitled to do at this point) then there is no point to this thread.
    I think the OP also need to name the seller at this point. If he has done any other deals, it would be good for others to know that the seller has gone AWOL to stop anyone possibly sending money

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I think the OP also need to name the seller at this point. If he has done any other deals, it would be good for others to know that the seller has gone AWOL to stop anyone possibly sending money

Indeed

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am Spartacus

If I were the seller with nothing to hide I would like to know if things had gone t*ts-up, then I could save my reputation. I would also understand why you're worried and wouldn't blame you at all for starting this thread.

On the other hand, if I were a bit iffy, I wouldn't want you telling everyone my name, thereby spoiling any future scams/cons.

Master
    Spit it out, Gomers – the seller can regale us with the reasons behind his non-replies.
    If they stack up, he'll be forgiven, and if they don't, future sales will only proceed with him sending the item in advance.

Master
    Really hope there is nothing wrong with the seller, but fully understand the OP's angst. It's not just the money, it's also having it tied up when he could've bought an alternative watch instead.
    The seller can be named in my opinion, because as others have said, someone may know an alternative way to contact him. If the seller is doing the dirty, he'll be flamed. If he does have a serious problem, what people say on here about him will be of little or no consequence. So no harm either way.

OP, you asked for advice and the majority of the given advice is to name the seller. Are you going to act on it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by krusty View Post
    OP, you asked for advice and the majority of the given advice is to name the seller. Are you going to act on it?
    +1

seller

SC works because of the integrity,I agree if the seller has reasons for no contact he will get his chance to do so.
    Name them and I am sure they will reply sooner rather than later.

I myself would be rather stressed if I felt I were being had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Contact no. I was given appears not yet to be in service according to the nice Thai lady on the recorded message. No address had been given as there was some obvious international travel arrangement to be made.

Will leave it over the weekend then might have to put out an APB via the forum. Full payment of balance was made 2 weeks ago now.
    Hes already answered that question.

This is beginning to seem more like hectoring rather than advising.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    +1

The OP originally asked if it was ok to contact Eddie, leave the guy alone to make his own decision

Master
    0P, you paid a deposit and since then have paid the balance in full. You have received nothing in return. A mobile phone number you were given is not registered, according to the nice Thai lady pre recorded reply you got. Comms have been incomplete since to say the least. Yet you have not replied to this thread today. You may be busy with life but I would certainly follow a thread that I'd started especially with funds involved. Please keep us posted, we all want a good outcome.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post

Agree with this 👍

Name the seller then hopefully somebody on here might be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Apologies OP if I've come across as "hectoring," that was not my intention. I'm afraid that I too am feeling the frustration. Of course you should do whatever you're comfortable with.
    Good luck with whatever you do.

Blog Entries
    Upto the OP to make their decision but he has received consistent advice to name the seller.

Torches at the ready

Master
    At the risk of this thread becoming anticlimactic, can we run a non financial book on who it may be? ;-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I already have my guess ready
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Pretty hard to think of a good reason for such silence, other than being arrested, dead or unconscious. In most other scenarios I would expect a quick PM to explain there’s a delay.

Craftsman
    I am hoping seller does right thing and no shaming is required

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Pretty hard to think of a good reason for such silence, other than being arrested, dead or unconscious. In most other scenarios I would expect a quick PM to explain there’s a delay.
    I would still expect a PM in at least of two of those circumstances :)

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Take the mickey all you want - it may save tour ass one day.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    OP you are exhibiting commendable restraint from Naming and Shaming - I would have gone off the deep end way before

Hope it works out

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I would still expect a PM in at least of two of those circumstances :)
    From beyond the grave?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    These would be the only reasonable excuses! Poor form from the vendor. OP I hope it all works out for you.

Craftsman
    I think the OP has been very gentlemanly up to now not exposing the sellers details, probably in the hope that this thread would’ve made the seller get in touch. Me, I would be going nuts by now !!! 🤬🤬🤬

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    From beyond the grave?
    Have you had your crystal balls out again ?

Master
    Gents, thank you for all the advice.

The seller has contacted me today via PM and the watch should be with me early next week. He apologised profusely, non-communication was down to his use of another device. The non-delivery from a trusted friend of the seller was down to unexpected bereavement.

I hope you'll all understand my reluctance to name the seller, even after almost 3weeks of no communication, I just didn't know the situation that had arisen. Another 2 weeks of status quo, would have forced my hand most probably to name and try to establish contact via forum members.

So while not exactly put to bed, I believe this matter is heading towards a satisfactory conclusion and I appreciate all the advice which has been genuinely useful and will be considered in future should a similar situation arise.

Happy New Year to all.

Nick

Master
    What a happy yet boring conclusion. ;-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The seller has contacted me today via PM and the watch should be with me early next week. He apologised profusely, non-communication was down to his use of another device. The non-delivery from a trusted friend of the seller was down to unexpected bereavement.

I hope you'll all understand my reluctance to name the seller, even after almost 3weeks of no communication, I just didn't know the situation that had arisen. Another 2 weeks of status quo, would have forced my hand most probably to name and try to establish contact via forum members.

So while not exactly put to bed, I believe this matter is heading towards a satisfactory conclusion and I appreciate all the advice which has been genuinely useful and will be considered in future should a similar situation arise.

Happy New Year to all.

Nick
    Glad it has (apparently) worked out for you Nick. A lovely coincidence that your situation has been resolved today after posting your thread
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 31st December 2017 at 21:32.

Nice one for you OP but Aww Shucks, we wanted blood, snot and tears !

Blog Entries

Happy New Year to all.

Nick
    That's good and it must be a relief. Let's hope it arrives in line with the new schedule.

HNY to all as well. :-)

OT but, never heard the expression 'up the pictures' is it a Northern thing?

Master
    "Another device" & "someone died" – how terribly convenient, but at the same time utter bollocks!
    Neither satisfactorily explains 3 weeks of no comms – not even over £50, let alone £5k.
    2 minutes within that timeframe is all it would've taken to drop you a quick PM informing you planned actions didn't pan out as intended, and would be resolved asa very p.

Good to hear, the watch should arrive and quite understandable panic on your behalf will be over.

"Sorry, problems my end. Will be in touch asap"....................it took me 20 seconds to write that.

Nevertheless a good ending. However, (and I hope I'm wrong) this is not over yet methinks.

Cynical? Moi?

"Sorry, problems my end. Will be in touch asap"....................it took me 20 seconds to write that.

Nevertheless a good ending. However, (and I hope I'm wrong) this is not over yet methinks.

Cynical? Moi?
    Well let's all hope you're right then, I mean god forbid this ending well when all we wanted was a good old poster beat down.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    OT but, never heard the expression 'up the pictures' is it a Northern thing?
    Don't believe so, borrowed it from Del Trotter, never used it before. It seemed apt at the time.

Blog Entries
    Selling 'on behalf of', eh...

Not saying it happened here, but there was a scam(?) a while ago.

Seller sees a watch for £5000, knows he can get £5500 and advertises it for £5750.
    Buyer offers £5500 which is agreed. Seller receives the £5500 and then goes and buys the watch for £5000. This works well until the seller goes to buy the watch and finds out that it's no longer available. If the seller doesn't return the money back straight away (it was stolen or broken).........then the lies and excuses start while he desperately hunts around to find another one the same.

There is an Italian Chrono24 seller with exactly that strategy - and they have buit a business out of it. When it works out they post on their Facebook page the message of thanks from the buyer for a smooth and satisfactory transaction, and systematically remove any negative comments. They also actively monitor the web for criticism, so if the disgruntled buyer talks of his or her bad experience on a forum then they immediately despatch a salvo of threats of legal action for libel. Most forums will delete the thread out of fear or simply not wanting the ballache of dealing with it. I would name the company but I'm sure Eddie doesn't need the hassle which would undoudtedly ensue.

I don't think it's illegal to do it, but maybe morally wrong.

Quite a few forums state in their T&Cs, that the item must be owned by the seller and the photo must be of the said item that's for sale.

Isn't this how some (many?) of the grey dealers work. 'Availability in 2-4 weeks' suggests they don't have the watch in stock.