closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mmmmm beer. What beer are we drinking tonight?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    So far for me this evening it's been the following:

Not a great beer though be honest, but I am not much of a fan of Wheat beers

A very drinkable beer with an interesting floral afternote.

A quite nice brew but unremarkable.

Nectar

Cheers

John
    I see your Gamma Ray and raise it with a Belching Beaver!

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I see your Gamma Ray and raise it with a Belching Beaver!
    I have not tried it, I will keep a look out.
    I do have a case of Beavertown Smog Rocket in the beer fridge. That's a good stout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have not tried it, I will keep a look out.
    I do have a case of Beavertown Smog Rocket in the beer fridge. That's a good stout.
    God must truly love us to have created beer.

I had a Guinness last night - Unusual for me, but the Doombar was off.

It was pretty smooth, but seemed rather free from flavour - Have they changed it? I've a feeling this may have been 'extra cold', does that make a difference?

M

Master
    I had a pint of Elgood Coolship Dark (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/elgood...p-dark/316438/) last night at The Understudy - good craft beer pub at the National Theatre and right on the river at Southbank. It, the beer, is a bit of an acquired taste - very sour. My mates were impressed I managed to finish it. This description from the link is about spot on "A deep purple brown colour with a medium beige head. Aroma of sour red grapes, vinegar, some fig, maybe cherry, slight funk, a little chocolate and subtle leather. Taste of sour red grapes, dark fruits, some leather, slight chocolate, a hint of vinegar and subtle wood. Medium bodied and a slick texture. A dry, tangy and sour, red fruit finish. Red wine and vinegar on the nose but in the taste, the flavours come together well. Something different." Not sure I would go for it again tbh but never had a sour beer before.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I had a Guinness last night - Unusual for me, but the Doombar was off.

It was pretty smooth, but seemed rather free from flavour - Have they changed it? I've a feeling this may have been 'extra cold', does that make a difference?

M
    The quality of Guinness served is extremely variable - a good pint of it is noticeable. A lot of the time, it's slightly dead or a bit too metallic or lacking in character. Chances are it was the establishment not storing and/or serving it well.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The quality of Guinness served is extremely variable - a good pint of it is noticeable. A lot of the time, it's slightly dead or a bit too metallic or lacking in character. Chances are it was the establishment not storing and/or serving it well.
    I was surprised at how smooth it was, it just didn't seem as flavoursome as I recalled, but then I've not drunk a Guinness in probably 2 or 3 years and I've had a few Stouts and Porters since, so maybe my expectation was too high!

I've certainly experienced bad pints of Guinness (with that 2p taste!) and this wasn't one of them, it just seemed a bit bland.

It has always tasted better out of cans than from a tap (except when in Ireland, which is the only time I drank a significant amount of it) to me, too.

M

I am off to the Brewdog in 7 dials tonight.
    I can almost taste it!