closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fake speed camera, they claim it works

Fake speed camera, they claim it works

Surely a much more cost effective method, cheaper for the enforcers and the motorist, possibly a genuine road safety contribution

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...-speeding-cars

A farmer put one up 15 years ago near where I used to live. It worked really well for innocent traffic (chronic rule followers), but once the boy racers worked it out, including me at the time as I was a dangerous idiot (though there was much less traffic back then), we used to intentionally go as fast as possible past it.... So in reality it's ultimately counterproductive.

Master
    There’s a little village on the A5 called Pentrefoelas, where there is often a mannequin dressed in hi vis placed on the pavement...
    Whoever dressed it has gone to considerable effort to make it look like a copper with a radar gun....

On many occasions there is also a real copper with radar gun....😎

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    There’s a little village on the A5 called Pentrefoelas, where there is often a mannequin dressed in hi vis placed on the pavement...
    Whoever dressed it has gone to considerable effort to make it look like a copper with a radar gun....

On many occasions there is also a real copper with radar gun....

Seen that one - it's quite good and I have to say that it is needed there - before the limits were introduced some years back the traffic used to reall belt it through.

B

Boots Chemists used to (might still do) place a cardboard cutout of a smiling shop assistant (white pharmacist-type coat) at the ends of aisles - it cut down on shoplifting as people had the 'feeling' they were being watched.

Anyone old enough to remember Village of the Damned?

We have "Village of the Jammed" here in Dorset, Melbury Abbas on the high road to Shaftesbury (from Blandford) past Compton Abbas International Airport (Asil Nadir)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asil_Nadir

Master
    I read about a similar case a few years ago and the person concerned was told to take it down (on what authority, I'm not sure). I think it was thought it could be dangerous - which seems entirely counterintuitive given the stated purpose of real ones.

If it works then Fair play. I suspect like others have said it will only work for a short while if at all.

Wasn't there a woman who was using a hair dryer as a fake speed gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    If it works then Fair play. I suspect like others have said it will only work for a short while if at all.
    Why a short while? Locals will always know where speed traps are

Anyone remember the cardboard cut out police Range Rover they used to put at the side of the M6?

Given that the real ones generate a load of cash, I’m not sure that ‘cheaper’ is a valid argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon enough all the roads will have “timed” cameras I’m sure. No getting around them except driving like lemmings at the same pace.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app