closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where you off for your holidays in 2018?

Where you off for your holidays in 2018?

Anyone going anywhere nice?

We (family) are off to southern Peloponnese in Greece for May half term, and a road trip around the Pacific Northwest in August. Also have a cheeky weekend away with a few mates to Lisbon in October to celebrate our 50th.

With the weather today as bad as it, I need something to look forward to.

We've just got back from 10-days in the French Alps, for Skiing although weather reduced that a fair bit!
    We have a week later in the year in Spain for our Honeymoon as a 'cheap' getaway then we plan to do Japan as the main event in 2019!

Two trips to Turkey. once in June and then September. Plus a long weekend in Perranporth, Cornwall in March.

Master
    Off in a month for a week in Tenerife - winter sun they away to Cyprus with the girls for a fortnight

Master
    Off to Sardinia for a week at the start of July, San Teodoro seems the likely place we’ll be staying.

I also like to have something to look forward to and always try to have at least two holidays lined up.

So far we've booked Easter Island at Easter (when else?), a cruise around the Galápagos at the end of June and a relaxing break in Florida in July (no theme parks but might persuade the family to visit the Space Coast). We'll head to the UK in August and with any luck squeeze in a week in Suffolk around family commitments.

There will be a few long weekends in places like lovely Villa de Leyva along the way.

3 summer weeks just north of Bordeaux....

Keeping me going after Xmass.

Porto for 5 nights in March.
    Stag do in Madrid in May
    Main holiday - Whistler, Canmore, Calgary & Toronto (Sept/Oct).

Hoping to squeeze in somewhere in June or July as well for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    3 summer weeks just north of Bordeaux....

Keeping me going after Xmass.
    Nice, a week in Mortagne Sur Gironde for me. Southwest France is lovely.

Master
    France skiing next month, a week in Lemnos in May, two weeks in Sivota (mainland Greece) in July and a week in Kos September. Wife loves the sun and who am I to argue!

New York

Never managed to get there - Im determined to do so this year!

Not long back from Australia which was great, especially Tasmania.

Gong to the Le Mans Classic in July and looking to do a motorbike tour of Vietnam with my eldest son in August.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Off to Vegas on a belated honeymoon in March (was just there in September for my 8th trip and I kind of joked about taking her in my wedding speech and she held me to it!), will do somewhere in Europe during the summer and then in September for my mates 40th were going to the Ryder Cup which should be awesome.

Went to Tenerife in January.
    Florida next month.
    Krakow in March (work)
    Centerparcs in Cumbria in April.
    Long weekend in Washington in May
    Wife is taking kids to Italy for a couple of weeks in July which means I'll head to the Tour de France for a while.
    Aberdeen and Euro Disney in August.
    Probably a city break or two through the rest of the year before we decide what to do for Xmas.

I've got a couple of India work trips to fit in too.

Lots on this year.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    New York

Never managed to get there - Im determined to do so this year!
    Thinking about New York in August (we need to holiday during the school holidays), fly home and then 20 hours later fly to Tenerife for a week or so. We’ve never been to New York before, is 5-6 days to much or not enough ?
    Already organised the motorbike trips, Le Mans MotoGP in May and Aragon MotoGP in September.

Center Parcs Whinfell at March half term, St.Ives Cornwall in August, Lapland December.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Baltic Cruise in May. Luxurious Spa break in Cheltenham April then as far north on the main land as you can get in August.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Thinking about New York in August (we need to holiday during the school holidays), fly home and then 20 hours later fly to Tenerife for a week or so. We’ve never been to New York before, is 5-6 days to much or not enough ?
    Already organised the motorbike trips, Le Mans MotoGP in May and Aragon MotoGP in September.
    Six days is perfect

Big trip commencing February - essentially 10 weeks round the world.

Singapore, Bangkok, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand (South Island) New Zealand (North Island), Hawaii, Calgary, Toronto, Whisler, Boston, Cape Cod.

Greece in August and Caribbean in November.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Was in Iceland over New Year but need to get some other holidays booked, I need something to look forward to.

Master
    Was offered a free week in Madeira next month, but more important thing to focus on alas. Hopefully down to exmoor towards the summer though for a spot of shooting and riding.

Craftsman
    Mauritius in March. Long weekend in Seville in May and a couple of weeks in Croatia later in the year.

Hyatt Regency Phuket in 10 days, cant come soon enough

Craftsman
    A week in Tenerife next month.
    Malaga in early May for a week.

End of may riding my bike from home down to Corfu. Leaving it there for three weeks and flying to Latvia for 'Ligo', their Midsummer festival. Flying back to Corfu, a week there with some friends, then setting off on the bike, destination not clear. Back home in August.

A couple of weeks in the Greek Islands in September, still trying to work out exactly where.

A few other weekends away here and there.

Journeyman
    2 weeks in Réunion Island over Easter. Bring on the sun, food and volcano! Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A week in Krakow in March. Been there so many times now it almost feels like home now. Then a week in Riga in April. Later in the year I hope to spend a week between Kaunas and Vilnius in Lithuania. Also hope to return to Poznan for a week in September. Should still have a bit of annual leave left after all that.

Craftsman
    We are off to Cuba in February to Pesquera near Holgiun then 2 weeks in July in the VW camper driving down through France then to Spain, we are off to Benicassim music festival for 2 weeks. Probably have a couple of separate weeks away in the UK too along with a fair few music festivals.

hoping to do a month or so in Kitzbuhel (or somewhere close) in june, may stay longer
    possibly st jean de sixt later as a friend has a place there

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    5-6 days would probably be plenty in New York. Certainly enough time to do the main attractions in Manhattan. If you decide to start doing trips outside of the city (to Woodbury Commons, Boston, DC or whatever) then a week might be better.

I’m off to NY in Feb for 6 days, then Florida in April and October, and possibly Mallorca for 10 days in summer. Lots of air miles to use up!

Master
    Off to Spain at the end of Feb (BSB test)

Then going with the EU mustang owners for a few days in Luxembourg which includes a track day at Spa

Then I’m just gonna dos around France and Germany for a couple of weeks

Master
    Re-booking to go to Aruba again this year- absolutely stunning destination, perfect idyllic getaway........

Craftsman
    Surfing in Morocco for 2 weeks in August, surfing a week in Cornwall in early November........and maybe a cheeky weekend in Dublin in October watching my youngest play rugby.....

Master
    Back to Cephalonia (Kefalonia) after a 3 year break, Agia Efemia. Hire a twist & go 125cc for 10 days, & spend the days buzzing around the island. Assos, Myrtos beach, Sami, (Captain Corelli's beach) the wonderful cafe at St Georges castle, Fiskardo, and Argistoli to see the turtles mooching around the bay in the morning......can't wait, only another 176 sleeps!

Blog Entries
    We've recently returned from 2 weeks in Orlando. Next stop is Bandol (France) early March with my oldest for a week Laser sailing training camp (for me it's sitting on the Boulevard and basking in the sun!).

Easter is off to Ancona on the Adriatic coast for the Eurocup Laser sailing.

Later this year it's to the north/northeast: Kieler Woche, Warnemünder Sail Week and the World Championship Laser sailing under 21. My wife is not going with us. She hates a trip with the 'scaffolding of death behind the car' as she calls it: a 100 hp inflatable RIB and (at least) one Laser Radial on top of the RIB.

Le Mans - what else is there?
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Been going somewhere every month since October and glad it is continuing in 2018. Driving to Italy and Austria for snow/ski next month. Couple of (really short) trips to Switzerland in March. Need to plan something for summer though.

Master
    Skiing in France in a couple of weeks then off to climb some volcanoes in Java in May. Finally the annual lads golf trip to Spain in September 😀

Master
    Barcelona and Mauritius for us this year. Been to both before but before we had the girls and think they'll love both places. Just come back from Centre Parcs as well if that counts😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    Went to Tenerife in January.
    Florida next month.
    Krakow in March (work)
    Centerparcs in Cumbria in April.
    Long weekend in Washington in May
    Wife is taking kids to Italy for a couple of weeks in July which means I'll head to the Tour de France for a while.
    Aberdeen and Euro Disney in August.
    Probably a city break or two through the rest of the year before we decide what to do for Xmas.

I've got a couple of India work trips to fit in too.

Lots on this year.
    Wow. Man after my own heart!

I haven't been on holiday for 21 months now, unless you consider 2 nights in Leicester a holiday

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Re-booking to go to Aruba again this year- absolutely stunning destination, perfect idyllic getaway........
    Looking to go for honeymoon! Never been!!

Craftsman
    Just got back the end of December after 10 weeks in the US. It was to be a holiday and the start of planning ahead for moving to the US in the summer.

Stayed in North Carolina and took trips to DC and Atlanta along with a few over nights along the way. Great trip but the move this year will also be my holiday.

I'm 52 kinda scary emigrating but life is going no where and this maybe the kick in the ass I need to start enjoying life. My wife is American so the visa is straight forward, my parents have passed away so time to go spend time with her family.

Master
    Last year was Cyprus for sunshine, and Prague and Copenhagen for city breaks. Just booked up for three weeks in Adelaide to go see the other halfs family and friends over there. Reckon that will be our big holiday for this year.

Week in San Diego in February
    2 weeks exploring Route 66 in June
    Singapore Grand Prix in September

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Back to Cephalonia (Kefalonia) after a 3 year break, Agia Efemia.
    That's where my Mrs family are from, we go back at least once a year. It's a nice little costal village with some great little tavernas (the one above paradise beach is my favourite).
    We will be off to Zimbabwe to see the in laws again (they moved from Greece to Zim years back) a few days in Cape Town then in to Zim and up to the Zambezi at Mana pools national park for a few days.

Master
    Off on a motorcycle tour with my brother to see a mate in northern Italy for 9 days in June. probably via the Cevennes in France. cant wait, its been many a year since it was just us two.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looking to visit Corsica in Late Aug..... been looking at staying Porto Vecchio..... any suggestions?

Mike

Blog Entries
    1 family week in Burgundy to see my mum
    1 Trip to Copenhagen for best man duties
    3 weeks in Thailand a few days in Bangkok and then an amazing villa with my family and my cousin and her son - Koh Tao

A few other trips including Edinburgh and Robin Hoods Bay (again!) and maybe one or two weekend trips

Travelling a fair amount with work and take my running shoes to get to see what town I’m in - I’ve done Hamburg and Prague so far and Amsterdam next week…. It holidays as such but try and find some time to explore new places when there

I like holidays!!!

Blog Entries
    Touring France, Belgium, Germany, Spain and Portugal on the Ducati with the wife (two seperate trips) then a bit of beach time somewhere

Going West this year: St Kilda via Skye.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Two trips to Turkey. once in June and then September. Plus a long weekend in Perranporth, Cornwall in March.
    Just out of interest - are you buying your Lira now?- the rate is rather good!