closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex price increase coming 1-2-18 service only

Craftsman

Rolex price increase coming 1-2-18 service only

Not sure if this has been posted before but I have been told today by my AD rolex are increasing their prices as of the 1st of Feb, so if anybody is undecided be quick.
    Looks like a 15% price increase on a sub

Edit: before this gets out of hand & people start hyperventilating it's only on servicing.

Calm down dear!!
    Last edited by Coronet king; 28th January 2018 at 10:27.

That's a hell of a hike. Is it to readjust for the weak pound?

I assume their usual increases are in the order of 5%?

15%

Fake news.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Fake news.
    I hope so... I just got to the top of the waiting list...

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Would do if they had stock in 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Sorry forgot to mention that’s an increase on servicing😀
    Sub 16610 goes from £475 to £550.

So, if anyone is undecided...about servicing...be quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    If Donald Trump didn’t tweet it then its not true
    RIAC

I'm even more undecided now

Craftsman
    Only true when you actually hand over said amount!!
    "I gather it's gone up then"

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before but I have been told today by my AD rolex are increasing their prices as of the 1st of Feb, so if anybody is undecided be quick.
    Looks like a 15% price increase on a sub
    Which country?

Do they adjust individual countries or do all countries by varying percentages ?

I got a call from an AD in the US that he has a white face Milgauss for me for next time I’m in the US . A price rise would kill it off .

It’s on the servicing Jon. No current confirmation of a price increase on the watches from anyone I’ve spoken with yet.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    According to eBay sellers there is definitely a price rise ROFL.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Which country?

Do they adjust individual countries or do all countries by varying percentages ?

I got a call from an AD in the US that he has a white face Milgauss for me for next time I’m in the US . A price rise would kill it off .
    They are still available in the UK there was in in t3 Heathrow

Craftsman
    Does any on Know when the last price increase was.

If I said I gave a flying fu## I'd be lying.

As you were.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Does any on Know when the last price increase thread was.
    ^ftfy

If you do a search you’ll find all you need to know. It comes up A LOT. It gets a bit boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2017

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Feb 2017

Thank you I’m ready to pull the trigger on an ex1 I will go and get it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 28th January 2018 at 00:45.

Grand Master
    If this turns out to be fake news I trust the OP will man up and publicly eat humble pie............ a donation to the fundraiser would be appropriate.

Paul

Master
    Interesting. We will know on Thursday. I've always read that dealers get no advance notice.

Just had a quick look and Sterling has actually been recovering against the Swiss Franc over the last year or so.

Apart from the obvious 2 models, are steel models underpriced? Dealers have big premiums on most models but whether that reflects prices paid generally, who knows.

In the cold light of day, they do look expensive (compared to a few decades ago when I first took an interest) but they'll presumably be more so in a few years time.

Blog Entries
    Thank you I’m ready to pull the trigger on an ex1 I will go and get it tomorrow.
    Wear that bad boy in good health!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I've always read that dealers get no advance notice.

Typically so. But one exception from my memory - the price hike in November 2016 was discussed rather openly about 1-2 months before it happened

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ywl23n View Post
    Typically so. But one exception from my memory - the price hike in November 2016 was discussed rather openly about 1-2 months before it happened

I remember it, it drowned on for months then came in Feb 2017 out the blue

ADs will know at least 2 days before any price rise. Bigger accounts will know before but at head office or sales director level, not sales assistant level so for 99% of us it isn’t true until it’s on the website and almost irrelevant seeing as though you have to queue and beg to buy a Rolex watch in the UK.

Craftsman

My understanding is that there were 2 rounds of changes in that period - one in November due to sterling weakening after Brexit referendum and one shortly after in February.

Happy to be corrected especially because my understanding of events was through the various forums at that time.

With tools who had said it would happen every month for the previous four months claiming inside knowledge and saying 'I told you so'.

My understanding is that there were 2 rounds of changes in that period - one in November due to sterling weakening after Brexit referendum and one shortly after in February.

Happy to be corrected especially because my understanding of events was through the various forums at that time.

Nonsense, never happened.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    With tools who had said it would happen every month for the previous four months claiming inside knowledge and saying 'I told you so'.
    This.

Is this a price rise thread or servicing cost rise thread?

I dont mind either way but can we just please stick to one subject :)

The last UK price rise of 9-10% occurred in November 2016, and then only. Prices have not changed since.

Prior to that, Rolex prices had remained unchanged for four years - the previous hike occurred in 2012.

Banned
    The op stated it’s for servicing and most on here haven’t read the whole thread and are banging on about a price rise on the Watch prices .
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thats what I thought?

Master

There wasn’t a rise in Feb 2017, it was Nov 2016 it happened, which I think was quite a surprise as it had been predicted for months following Brexit then happened right before Xmas shopping.

Yes this thread started implying it was a sales increase, then the OP said it was a service increase, now I think people are talking about sales again!

"It ain't over until Hilton sings..."

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    "It ain't over until Hilton sings..."
    & I don't believe he is about to burst into song.

***Price increase is for servicing only NOT WATCHES***

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    & I don't believe he is about to burst into song.

***Price increase is for servicing only NOT WATCHES***
    Perhaps you could edit your original post, it definitely reads like a watch price rise!

I know we all rely on Haywood for the inside information but personally I never take Rolex price rose threads seriously until he confirms it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Perhaps you could edit your original post, it definitely reads like a watch price rise!

I know we all rely on Haywood for the inside information but personally I never take Rolex price rose threads seriously until he confirms it!
    Had to go advanced!!
    Well that backfired a little😂
    All edited before someone ends up in A&E with a panic attack

Blog Entries
    Yawn.
    All that for nothing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Yawn.
    All that for nothing.
    LOL
    thought I had cleared up the deliberate mistake by post #6 🙈

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Perspective might provide a different view of some forecasters. If one had been consistently saying since mid-2012 that there would not be a price rise but then forecast that one would happen in August 2016, proving to be only three months out over a 48 month period when it came on 1st November, this might suggest a decent grasp of the drivers for price adjustments. These may have been spelled out to the commentator by Rolex UK’s own General Manager. If the same commentator was then able to help members with what was undeniably inside knowledge, sharing exact, new prices for each model in advance and allowing many to make great savings by bring forward purchases before the end of October 2016, it would be a shame to make him think posting in future might not be worth the trouble.

One may like to reflect on which commentators pooh-poohed the widespread talk of a rise before Christmas this year.

Is there a wider problem here, Tony? I have tried to prompt further comment from you on this recent thread
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...78#post4645878
    following your comment about people with watch businesses here on tz-uk (see post #107 onwards).

In that thread you will see that I invited open discussion about any problem, as befits WT.

Haywood (probably a tool, but not in everything I do).
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 28th January 2018 at 11:50.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Perspective might provide a different view of some forecasters. If one had been consistently saying since mid-2012 that there would not be a price rise but then forecast that one would happen in August 2016, proving to be only three months out over a 48 month period when it came on 1st November, this might suggest a decent grasp of the drivers for price adjustments. These may have been spelled out to the commentator by Rolex UK’s own General Manager. If the same commentator was then able to help members with what was undeniably inside knowledge, sharing exact, new prices for each model in advance and allowing many to make great savings by bring forward purchases before the end of October 2016, it would be a shame to make him think posting in future might not be worth the trouble.

Is there a wider problem here, Tony? I have tried to prompt further comment from you on this recent thread
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...78#post4645878
    following your comment about people with watch businesses here on tz-uk (see post #107 onwards).

In that thread you will see that I invited open discussion about any problem, as befits WT.

Haywood (probably a tool, but not in everything I do).
    Haywood

There is nothing constructive whatsoever in his comments, purely designed to get a reaction I’d imagine and as he ignored you giving him the opportunity to explain himself last time, I’d urge you to ignore him going forward.

I’m sure I speak for the majority here (will never be all of course as you can’t please everybody) when I say that we’d far rather hear your thoughts and views than not hear them. Being in the industry gives you an insight most of us can never have. We rely on AD’s and what they are either ‘prepared’ to say and that’s assuming they know anything anyway, or forums like this. So please carry on.

I would be interested to hear your views on the current going’s on in the Rolex world:

It’s been implied to me that SS supplies have been reduced as much as 40% over the last year by a number of different people in the industry - any truth?
    Over on Rolex forums there’s a long thread this weekend which the OP states that Rolex themselves have written to AD’s confirming that the supply of professionals is being reduced. The OP is a long standing poster and it seems very genuine - any truth?
    What are your views on a rise? Especially after Patek’s 20% announcement on a couple of models.

That’s a lot to answer, so I fully understand if your Sunday roast is calling :-)

I read tony's point differently.

There were a couple of people who claimed they knew that a Rolex price rise was coming and continued to put dates on it, which lapsed one after the other with no price change. Haywood was one of those who said that the rise was probably coming, but that nobody knew when.

When it finally happened, Haywood was the first to confirm and to release the new prices. That didn't prevent others who were proven wrong before to claim 'told you so '.

I have now read tony's post in the other thread and as a result I am less sure what he wanted to express with his above remarks.

In any case, most of those price-rise threads are foolish and bear no substance, for me the ultimate authority in all matters Rolex on this forum is and remains Haywood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I read tony's point differently.

There were a couple of people who claimed they knew that a Rolex price rise was coming and continued to put dates on it, which lapsed one after the other with no price change. Haywood was one of those who said that the rise was probably coming, but that nobody knew when.

When it finally happened, Haywood was the first to confirm and to release the new prices. That didn't prevent others who were proven wrong before to claim 'told you so '.

I have now read tony's post in the other thread and as a result I am less sure what he wanted to express with his above remarks.

In any case, most of those price-rise threads are foolish and bear no substance, for me the ultimate authority in all matters Rolex on this forum is and remains Haywood.
    Agree with you on that.