closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on a private number plate please

Craftsman
    I wouldnt worry, just get what you want for yourself, initials and DOB is easy to remember, doubt anyone will notice .

I like them for fun and convenience, some I see always bring a smile to my face. I've had them on all my vehicles for about 18 years now, never paid more than £250 for one. My nickname since 5 years old is bogie, and used that online since the 90s. So I just have "bog" and consecutive plates. Ive had fuel cards from work for 20 years and I can never remember the normal registrations (each card has the reg on it and a different pin to remember so any help is good) I have up to 6 cards for my bikes and cars, so at least when paying for fuel I know that "xxx BOG" is on a particular car or bike rather than try to remember that my new bike is "FJ15HVX" or something .

I guess you could just choose your plate when you pass your test and keep it for life if you want...then again if you want to be incognito for some reason, then best not bother ;)

As someone who walks or cycles - they are fantastic - makes it much easier to identify knobheads who shouldn't be on the road and need reporting to the police. With a normal number plate when someone reverses blindly onto the pavement or road, you often don't catch all of the details as you shift out of the way- however HEL MET1 is easy.

Craftsman
    Always check the DVLA reg plate site first!
    Alot of companies selling plates don't own alot of them most are still available from DVLA and they are just doing a bit of leg work and charging for it.
    Dead easy buying a personal reg now days.
    Oh and as stated in the thread makes remembering your reg a doddle

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Gee252; 28th January 2018 at 01:12.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    As someone who walks or cycles - they are fantastic - makes it much easier to identify knobheads who shouldn't be on the road and need reporting to the police. With a normal number plate when someone reverses blindly onto the pavement or road, you often don't catch all of the details as you shift out of the way- however HEL MET1 is easy.
    Don't want to get into a spat but there are knobheads on two wheels an all!! Both sides of the coin I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I keep thinking about buying one now that my memory isn’t what it was. If I forgot my name I could always wander around to the back of the bike for a reminder.

To the OP. I hope Jan enjoys her plate.
    But would you remember where the bike was?

If you have a BMW X5, it seems de-rigeur to have a reg plate with “X5” in it.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Cycles should have a reg plate...then I could have ID’d the dickhead dressed in black and no lights that cycled through a red light and right across my path on a busy main road the other week..W4N KER would have been a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Cycles should have a reg plate...then I could have ID’d the dickhead dressed in black and no lights that cycled through a red light and right across my path on a busy main road the other week..W4N KER would have been a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Could say the same for horse riders, riding 3 abreast, not wearing any high viz, pulling out in front of people.

Many moons ago I saw 69 GYP up for sale for £600 or £800. As I was a student at the time (and it was the mid 80's) it was ridiculously unaffordable. Now I wish I'd managed to afford it some how.

I tried to get BU54 GYP when I owned a Suzuki Hayabusa as that would have been affordable from the DVLA, but it was already on a lorry somewhere

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Could say the same for horse riders, riding 3 abreast, not wearing any high viz, pulling out in front of people.
    Just goes to prove we have dickheads in all walks of life!!
    Motorists, cyclists, horse riders and of course let's not forget the pedestrian!
    Anyway back to number plates!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Just goes to prove we have dickheads in all walks of life!!
    Motorists, cyclists, horse riders and of course let's not forget the pedestrian!
    Anyway back to number plates!

Don't forget motorcyclists. I'm one of those and sometimes I ride like a complete twat
    Last edited by Gyp; 28th January 2018 at 14:55.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Don't forget motorcyclists. I'm one of those and sometimes I ride like a complete twat
    They were in my Motorists/cyclists category LOL. But you are right we all do daft stuff sometimes!!
    I suppose nobody's perfect (except me)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Charlie might object to having a number plate screwed to his arse...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Don't waste your money but if it's cheap and it makes you smile, why not. Mine does!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bet it's not just the plate that makes you smile!