closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where you off for your holidays in 2018?

Where you off for your holidays in 2018?

Mostly the usual for us...family skiing in French Alps in Feb, long weekend skiing with the boys in March, 2 weeks back in the Alps in August for cycling/hiking/eating. My wife has also suggested we try to see the Northern Lights next Christmas. Not really looked into this yet but Iceland I guess.

Master
    Can imagine choice of flights is a tad limited........:-)

I stayed at the Tamarijn/Diva Suites located on Druif Beach, good location halfway between Oranjestad and whats called the 'Highrise' district. Loads of lovely hotels there, just got to be a little careful as a lot are not on the Beach situated.

Good thing with with Aruba it's just outside the Hurricane belt, think it last got hit 30 years ago. I was there last September when the Caribbean got hammered, didn't see a drop of Rain in the two weeks in Aruba, bit surreal watching the other Islands getting battered.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Ah cool. Which hotels do you usually use?

I will be flying from the Falklands via South America so pretty much have little choice regarding flights!

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    The fun and craic is still there but with all the big names pulling out, it’s just not the same
    I agree, not been the same since Jaguar and Mercedes withdrew... in the 1950s!

Le Mans is always something special, but I stopped going in the early 2000s, partly because my Dad got ill (we always went together), but mostly because it was becoming less fun and more corporate every year. The long years of Audi domination got a bit boring, too, if you're actually interested in the racing.

That said, I've in mind to go next year (2019) as it'll mark the 40th anniversary of my first visit!

M

Craftsman
    Centre Parcs, Mallorca, Scotland, Greece, Ireland & one week in October somewhere.......

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I agree, not been the same since Jaguar and Mercedes withdrew... in the 1950s!

Le Mans is always something special, but I stopped going in the early 2000s, partly because my Dad got ill (we always went together), but mostly because it was becoming less fun and more corporate every year. The long years of Audi domination got a bit boring, too, if you're actually interested in the racing.

That said, I've in mind to go next year (2019) as it'll mark the 40th anniversary of my first visit!

M

Jaguar were racing in the Mid 80's. Mercedes stopped following a crash which killed 50 odd people, so understandable I suppose.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Jaguar were racing in the Mid 80's. Mercedes stopped following a crash which killed 50 odd people, so understandable I suppose.
    Yeah, I know I was there throughout the Group C era and beyond!

Mercedes were there then and later too!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Would live to see the northern lights possibly on a cruise,
    Also love to do a safari South Africa

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    1 family week in Burgundy to see my mum
    1 Trip to Copenhagen for best man duties
    3 weeks in Thailand a few days in Bangkok and then an amazing villa with my family and my cousin and her son - Koh Tao

A few other trips including Edinburgh and Robin Hoods Bay (again!) and maybe one or two weekend trips

Travelling a fair amount with work and take my running shoes to get to see what town I’m in - I’ve done Hamburg and Prague so far and Amsterdam next week…. It holidays as such but try and find some time to explore new places when there

I like holidays!!!
    Love Koh Tao. Did my open water padi course there a few years ago.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Peppa pig world later this month, Disney in May. Being in NI is a pain sometimes, flights limited and expensive. But needs mist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Love Koh Tao. Did my open water padi course there a few years ago.

Any tips mate…! No nothing of the place!

I’m near NangYuan or up on a hill?

View from the Villa we’ve rented (cheap too!)

4 nights Airbnb in Los Angeles, we’ve hired a mustang convertible for a week to do a bit of exploring up and down the coast. On day 5 drive to Vegas for 3 nights in a hotel on the strip. We’ll still have the mustang so a trip to the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam is on the cards. Day 8 dump the car at Vegas airport and fly to San Francisco for 6 nights Airbnb then home.

Master
    Great massage place in Mae Head, and proper one, not the "happy ending" type. I stayed in the dive resort, Buddha View IIRC, and they did a fresh seafood Barbie every evening. You picked it and they cooked it. The food, and cold Chang, were amazing.

Ps amazing view from the villa. Soo jealous.

Any tips mate…! No nothing of the place!

I’m near NangYuan or up on a hill?

View from the Villa we’ve rented (cheap too!)

Have fun. The place looks ace!

Similar vibes to the Conrad Koh Samui we stayed in. The place was not cheap if I had to pay, but I cashed in 100s of thousands of Hilton points to stay 8 nights with the family.

Those points were hard earned by spending half my life over a couple of years staying in Hilton’s for business trips to Aberdeen.

http://www.honeymoondreams.co.uk/wp-...ivate-pool.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    We have a 3 night midweek break in Durham, at the Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County early in the year. Just for a look around really.

Then a Rhine cruise for 10 days (not another bloody castle cruise according to my mate!!) taking in some German beer and food (lots). Should be good I reckon.

Last is a week in the New Forest staying in a rented cottage with his lordship Freddie the spaniel for some nice walks.

Not the poshest hols but suits us.

Wife wants to go to Mombasa and Nairobi in July for2 weeks, ‘‘tis where she grew up.

Anybody got any advice for any safari trips, she just seems keen on seeing how the cities have changed since she left but I’d like to look around

Tenerife in July ,Florida in October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Have fun. The place looks ace!

Similar vibes to the Conrad Koh Samui we stayed in. The place was not cheap if I had to pay, but I cashed in 100s of thousands of Hilton points to stay 8 nights with the family.

Those points were hard earned by spending half my life over a couple of years staying in Hilton’s for business trips to Aberdeen.

http://www.honeymoondreams.co.uk/wp-...ivate-pool.jpg

Staying in Aberdeen? That holiday was well earned! That place looks amazing! I had restricted the search to three islands because of projected rain fall - Kho Phenang, Koh Tao and Koh Samui... All looked appealing, but, as soon as I saw that villa, I jumped on it. It’s only £240 a night split between me any my cousin for a massive 4 bed villa.. I’d be paying triple that amount for the equivalent in Greece

We are flying into Bangkok and spending 3 nights there with one of my wife’s best friends, so, looking forward to see Bangkok... I might look into getting the night train down (might be an adventure?!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Great massage place in Mae Head, and proper one, not the "happy ending" type. I stayed in the dive resort, Buddha View IIRC, and they did a fresh seafood Barbie every evening. You picked it and they cooked it. The food, and cold Chang, were amazing.

Ps amazing view from the villa. Soo jealous.

Mmmmhhhh. massage…. Will be up for a few of those! (Non seedy ones!)

I remember being in Kho Phi Phi many years ago and choosing amazingly fresh fish out of a boat filled with ice to have it barbecued…. I think your dive resort is on the opposite end of the island to where I’m staying…. I have my open water qualification, so, will definitely go diving a few times, as it’s supposed to be excellent around there

One more pic of the villa!

We have booked so far;

3x nights in Prague in April, boutique hotel at the base of Charles bridge, never been. Surprise for my wife’s 30th

7x nights in Porth bay Cornwall at the end of May. Looking forward to taking our 4 year old on a traditional British holiday

10x nights all inclusive in Crete in August

Can’t wait. It’s lovely having things to look forward to. I think holiday are really important

In February I will be spending a couple of weeks travelling through Vietnam for Chinese New Year which should be fun. Then I will head back to the UK in August for my brother’s wedding.

I also fancy a long weekend in South Korea at some point this year and maybe some diving somewhere for the China ‘Golden Week’ holiday in October.

as soon as I saw that villa, I jumped on it. It’s only £240 a night split between me any my cousin for a massive 4 bed villa.. I’d be paying triple that amount for the equivalent in Greece.
    Haven’t holidayed in the Med in August for years. Too many people and too expensive for what it is.

We go to the Med in May half term, and always long haul in August, and for the same price as the Med we’ve been to some fantastic long haul destinations. Plus, the being teenagers now, the last thing they want to do is sit by a pool/beach all day.

Looks like you’ve done very well, and all costs being equal, I’d picked that over the Med in August any day.

2 weeks in London one in March, one in May to catch up with MrsO and the kids .
    In August they come here to TCI and have a few weeks on island before a week cruise.

Hopefully life will return to some semblance of normality at some point but I can’t see it yet.

Just booked a Ski trip for February to St Jean d'Aulp (near Morzine), France. Lovely little quiet part of the huge PdS ski area. Cannot wait.

Master
    Off to Barcelona next Friday for long weekend to celebrate mate’s 50th.

Dubln next month again, long weekend type of thing.

Faro /Albufiera in May.

Thats All Folks!!

50 in May so Vegas for me and the Mrs. Then retire in August and New York with family.

And

Master
    We have a lot planned for this year. In a few weeks schools are off for a week and we'll go skiing here in Finland. I have a trip with my son to Venice coming up in April (his choise), then in June it's two weeks starting in Nice and then off to Italy and Alps. I've rented a sailboat for a week in July, and then when the autumn comes I'm off for some cycling in Mallorca.

Master

Having a week in Lanzarote this week and so far it’s been...
    1st day - warm with sun (cold when sun goes in)
    2nd day - Warm’ish but bloody windy (cold in the shade)
    3rd day - Pouring with rain in the morning , then cold, then warming a bit in the sun this afternoon!
    So not so good so far!
    This pic was first day...

Last edited by dizz; 30th January 2018 at 00:31.

Sandals St Lucia baby!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Having a week in Lanzarote this week and so far it’s been...
    1st day - warm with sun (cold when sun goes in)
    2nd day - Warm’ish but bloody windy (cold in the shade)
    3rd day - Pouring with rain in the morning , then cold, then warming a bit in the sun this afternoon!
    So not so good so far!
    This pic was first day...

We had mixed weather like that both times we went, hotel Beatriz in Costa teguise was fabulous both times though, sort of made the holiday

Craftsman
    Just booked Royal suites in Riviera Maya, Mexico, looks the business and never been so looking forward to it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    The theme parks in Florida probably depending on what the family steering committee (Mrs M) decides

We've not been abroad for a holiday for almost 4 years as my son has been in treatment for Leukaemia so we weren't allowed to travel. He finally "rings the bell" next weeks so in 6 months we'll be free at last. Can't wait to feel a properly warm sun on my face again.
    Great news and I bet your all ready for a great holiday.
    Best wishes to you all pal.

Craftsman
    Booked for a week of mountaineering in July, the Dufourspitz on Monte Rosa is my goal this time. After that I'll stay on in Switzerland with my wife for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Off to the Algarve in September, nice villa for 8 of us

Last year we went south, to France (the Alsace region), so this year we go north. Probably Denmark, but Sweden is also an option.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johant View Post
    Last year we went south, to France (the Alsace region), so this year we go north. Probably Denmark, but Sweden is also an option.
    Denmark: if you get the chance: the old road north between Kopenhagen and Helsingør is called the Gammel Strandvejen (the Old Beach Road). Try to go there on foot or by bike. Those homes are so beautifully positioned overviewing the sea (well, the Sont). Just crank up google for some breathtaking pics!

Halfway up the road to Helsingør, there's a village called Humlebæk with an outstanding museum of modern art: The Louisiana. Certainly worth a visit!

Most people travel over the bridge to Sweden and don't go up north like they used to do when the ferry between Helsingør and Helsingborg was the only connection between Sweden and Denmark. The Gammel Strandvejen used to be quiet since there's a (new) Strandvejen. But I think that it's now ever so quiet.

Menno

Banned
    Blog Entries
    California and surrounds for a month in October/November. This old shack for our leg to Vegas and the Canyon.

Master
    Fly drive to Nova Scotia this year.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Last year it was this in JT national park, so an upgrade was long overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not long back from Australia which was great, especially Tasmania.

Gong to the Le Mans Classic in July and looking to do a motorbike tour of Vietnam with my eldest son in August.
    Well the Vietnam tour is all booked up. Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City via Ha Long Bay. 14 days riding through some amazing scenery, just can't wait.

Also going for a week to Porec, Croatia with the Mrs in September.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

@thieuster thanks for the suggestion!

We're probably going to Jutland though ... not sure if we'll get to Seeland.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Fly drive to Nova Scotia this year.
    I would love to see pics and read your story! For me, NS has always been 'flyover country'. It kind of triggers me what's below.

M

Wasn’t planning another holiday, but was messing around with Kayak today, and I couldn’t pass up some incredibly cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale for October half term.

So should make for a nice week bobbing around the Everglades and the Keys with the kids.

Craftsman
    Orlando & Brazil in march, portugal in may. Hopefully somewhere different in October

Craftsman
    We’ve a large family gathering in Kos and a Caribbean cruise booked thus far. First not until July though so I’ll probably book a late deal some time soon.

Portugal Golfing in April
    Zante in May
    The Open in Carnoustie in July with my son
    Tenerife August

Maybe couple of days in Lapland for Santa..
    Last edited by DeepThought; 5th February 2018 at 12:42.

Sicily for me in April, staying on a Golf Course

Heading for a Week in L’Estartit in Costa Brava holds many memories and will forever be a place close to my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I was in Hong Kong now in Brisbane, will be in Melbourne next week before heading back to the cold weather of London :(